Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Will this turn out to be like AOC's "arrest" where she pretended to be handcuffed?

Or will this be actual arrests for you know turning protests violent?
A hundred people got arrested, including the members. It's not felony charges

Also, 2 of the 3 housemembers got expelled in TN

Reactions: Dalisclock

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
For our next episode of "wait isn't this kinda the total opposite of democracy?"

Not many links appearing on web searches yet tho for whatever reasons.
My state's current governor pulled the same thing. Won as a Dem, changed parties, was re-elected as a Republican. Also looks like he walked straight out of central casting for "Hillbilly Governor."

A brazen tactic that seems concerningly unregulated.
Don't think you can legally mandate someone's political affiliation in the US. I strongly suspect that's unconstitutional.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Don't think you can legally mandate someone's political affiliation in the US. I strongly suspect that's unconstitutional.
No you can just fire them then refuse to help them get another job by refusing to give them a reference and refuse to allow a person to buy from you or rent a house from you.

Weirdly something the UK actually has in law that you can't legally discriminate against a person based on their political party affiliation unless said party is a banned illegal terrorist organisation.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
No but in a world of party politics leaving the party you were in when elected should be considered grounds for a bi election. Then again representative democracy is all kind of a farce anyway where we pretend politicians are answerable to people.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No but in a world of party politics leaving the party you were in when elected should be considered grounds for a bi election.
The basic concept under law is that the people elect a individual person to represent them, not a party. (This goes back to the days when parties were much more approximate and informal groups of politicians, rather than the disciplined, formal organisations of today.) Arguably, as people more vote a party than an individual these days, it is perhaps a little out of date.

I personally believe that any politician with a sense of honour who switches party should resign their seat and go back for a by-election, because switching party shatters the ethical basis of their mandate. But asking politicians to apply personal morality rarely gets very far, which is why the systems overseeing the behaviour of politicians shouldn't rely on personal morality.

To give an example, in a related area:

Leaving aside whether improper access or swaying of opinion occurred, Clarence Thomas can hardly have failed to appreciate how dangerous it is to accept this sort of "personal hospitality", or how it might be perceived by the public. A Supreme Court justice should understand the need to have the highest standards of probity: he has failed to do so and it makes him look greedy and potentially corrupt. Worse, he probably knew exactly how accepting these gifts looked and deliberately wanted to conceal it. It is then sheerest arrogance to think we should be satisfied by just his personal assurance that it did not affect his decision making. We should not be relying on their personal assurances: we should be scrutinising them, very carefully.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you think Juri's new design is less sexualized you clearly haven't seen the comments she gets on Youtube and Reddit.
He's making shit up as usual and goal posting. Not to mention Street Fighter 6 coming out soon, and with Juri's new design, there are no complaints from anyone.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
If you think Juri's new design is less sexualized you clearly haven't seen the comments she gets on Youtube and Reddit.
By the way, this is the same game that had female characters dress like this...
10.13-Win-Pose.jpg
...and this.
rmk.png

Damn SJWs putting shiny, skintight latex on the boobs of one character.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
...and this.
Damn SJWs putting shiny, skintight latex on the boobs of one character.
The only forms of "censorship" SFV ever got were making R. Mika's ass slap off screen, and shortening the shot of Cammy's butt intro. The "SJWs" had nothing to do with that. That was Capcom trying to please ESPN of all people! And it's really hypocritical on ESPN's part. I'm really glad Capcom dropped that pro sports tour thing and not make another deal with ESPN ever again. They still have tournaments, but they realized it's easier just to stream the events themselves online, or just partner with EVO like usual, and not have to bow to any overly sensitive corporate TV jackasses. I get why they did this at the time, because Capcom was struggling financially (a lot from their own doing), but now that they're back to where they were before, they had better learn their lesson and never do that again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casual Shinji

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
From conversations I've had with women who do that sort of activity, what they'll want to be wearing up top is a minimum of a high quality sports bra. According two one woman who had large breasts and wanted the extra support, two sports bras one on top of the other.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
From conversations I've had with women who do that sort of activity, what they'll want to be wearing up top is a minimum of a high quality sports bra. According two one woman who had large breasts and wanted the extra support, two sports bras one on top of the other.
Virgins think that big tits just magically float via the power of sexiness. In reality, large breasts are heavy and a woman who has them swinging around without support is going to be in pain very quickly.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean, these are super-deformed fighting game characters; I'm fine with them not wearing a sports bra and looking like weirdos. Point being that both these characters show plenty of skin in the same game where Juri was apparently "censored".

Speaking of sports bras...

cammy.png

See, characters can still be hot without cleavage and massive honkers.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Virgins think that big tits just magically float via the power of sexiness. In reality, large breasts are heavy and a woman who has them swinging around without support is going to be in pain very quickly.
Probably the same people who freaked out about Aloy having facial hair....like many women actually do(it's just generally not as noticable as the average dude).

It feels like people are outing themselves as never having actually talked to a woman.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Probably the same people who freaked out about Aloy having facial hair....like many women actually do(it's just generally not as noticable as the average dude).

It feels like people are outing themselves as never having actually talked to a woman.
Not before freaking out about one still image where she made a face, and the 'made ugly on purpose' argument, stemming from the Mass Effect Andromeda and TLoU2 days, was embarrassingly cast into existence again.

This is why Disney princesses look the way they do, by the way; The abject fear of a woman not looking perfectly, pristinely pretty.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, if a woman isn't doing everything in her power to look appealing to men, then why does she even exist?!
Ah, but if she does do everything in her power to look appealing to men, then she's a slut and so also shouldn't exist. I think it's the legendary alpha males which can decide when this is the case.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, these are super-deformed fighting game characters; I'm fine with them not wearing a sports bra and looking like weirdos. Point being that both these characters show plenty of skin in the same game where Juri was apparently "censored".

Speaking of sports bras...

View attachment 8463

See, characters can still be hot without cleavage and massive honkers.
No good, the weirdos got really mad at that one too