Funny events in anti-woke world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It was actually at the time when people were pushing for Link to be made female.

See:

OK... but you said the "hilarity" of the situation was that "left wing" twitter people pushing for a female protagonist failed to realise Zelda was already a woman when they made the hashtag.

And all that's turned out to be bollocks, hasn't it? The hashtag didn't exist, and the example you brought up was not from anyone pushing for anything-- but just saying a picture looks cool and making a mistake.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I'm presently working to track down the link for this one, watch this space if I find it again but seems a number of sites have decided to remove some articles relating to this so it's not showing up through normal searches.

Really you don't think they look a bit alike?

Those aren't even the same two characters. The one in the larger image is Owen who is the one who sleeps with Abby and looks nothing like Druckmann. The one in the smaller image doesn't do anything except spit on Joel's corpse and then get killed by Ellie.

Also Seems kind of suspicious that multiple game running with Druckman's name attached to them had a female character rather brutally beat a male character very easily with no real trouble and the one game inbetween that Druckman had no hand it with 2 female leads didn't have this happen.
Do you think the creators of Powerpuff Girls, Kim Possible, Juniper Lee and any other story with female action lead have this image as well?

Frankly, this comes across as projection on your part.

Look if you wanted actual objectionable stuff I could start with him praising Anita Sarkeesian and then ramp up to the studio crunch culture that happened and studio organisation issues that nearly lead to accidental workplace deaths due to late night working.
And you would actually have a point with the latter (maybe not so much the former given the backlash to Sarkeesian far outweighs wrongdoing she may have done). Funny thing is that most of the people who bring up crunch are the wokes you despise so much and that was still the case with Last of Us 2.

I think you're missing the word villains in front of female here lol.
No I'm not.

It's very rare female characters on the heroes side are portrayed as entirely incompetent unless they're being rescued in the plot.
And even rarer for male characters on the heroes' side to be portrayed as such. That doesn't stop the anti-woke crowd from throwing a fit whenever it happens. And I can point to several comics, manga, anime, movies and video games that do indeed treat female characters that way.

It's Rey not needing Luke because he's a disillusioned old man and Finn being mostly reduced to a side character not capable of helping Rey much because she's so awsome.
It's Vagrant Queens main character dynamics
If Rey were a guy we wouldn't be having this conversation. I don't know what Vagrant Queen is but if people can watch the same old stories of women needed to be rescued by men, a few about the reverse isn't going to kill them. And if it will, they can avoid such stories easily.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
And all that's turned out to be bollocks, hasn't it? The hashtag didn't exist, and the example you brought up was not from anyone pushing for anything-- but just saying a picture looks cool and making a mistake.
I'm sure recently Dwarvenhobble was talking about making sure other people got things right so they didn't end up with egg on their faces.

Reactions: Silvanus

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Important note of that being the character she does it to was a well liked male lead of the previous game who she ten proceeds to beat to death.
Yes, and it was a blatant attempt to establish hate for the character, not to show the superiority of the woman over the man.

Except people keep seemingly trying to argue Abby was created for some egalitarian great moral reason. Meanwhile much funnier to point out she likely was made as personal fap material by Druckman lol.
No, but she was created in an environment that is allergic to masculine "ugly" female leads. Which is where all the negativity came from, not people dunking on Druckmann for being into to muscle girls.

Yes and? Sorry but isn't knocking people off pedestals something the woke side keep doing quite often to others being held up? Funny how it's now bad when done back to some-one they support.
Again, they were lying, and also trying spin a perfectly reasonable artistic choice - that doesn't take away the tons of traditional videogame boobs - as a sinister agenda. Knock the guy off his pedestal all you like, but don't fabricate shit just cuz you want to keep up the hate boner.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Except people keep seemingly trying to argue Abby was created for some egalitarian great moral reason. Meanwhile much funnier to point out she likely was made as personal fap material by Druckman lol.
You really don't see why this just makes you look like a weird sad little man? Really? This is what normal people sound like to you?

Reactions: Kwak

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Well

View attachment 8486

Important note of that being the character she does it to was a well liked male lead of the previous game who she ten proceeds to beat to death.

Goons don't count come on now. They don't even have names.

Yes and? Sorry but isn't knocking people off pedestals something the woke side keep doing quite often to others being held up? Funny how it's now bad when done back to some-one they support.
The woke side usually knock people off pedestals when they've done something reprehensible like abuse or bigotry. You're using the fact Druckmann created a masculine female character as proof that he's morally bankrupt.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The woke side usually knock people off pedestals when they've done something reprehensible like abuse or bigotry. You're using the fact Druckmann created a masculine female character as proof that he's morally bankrupt.
Also, for all the legitimate accusations of crunch culture at Naughty Dog, which happened under Druckmann's watch, none of these reactionaries ever bothered to make a video about that. Him being woke was the real issue to them.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
OK... but you said the "hilarity" of the situation was that "left wing" twitter people pushing for a female protagonist failed to realise Zelda was already a woman when they made the hashtag.

It actually did exist, if there's much left of it on twitter I can't say but it was there and the stupidity of it and people not realising is shown in that tweet I showed a picture of.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'm sure recently Dwarvenhobble was talking about making sure other people got things right so they didn't end up with egg on their faces.
yeh and I could go find example of the hashtag still existing out there I'm sure.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Also, for all the legitimate accusations of crunch culture at Naughty Dog, which happened under Druckmann's watch, none of these reactionaries ever bothered to make a video about that. Him being woke was the real issue to them.
The same thing happened when Netherealm Studios was revealed to have traumatized its employees by making them watch videos featuring dismemberment and decapitation to use as inspiration for the Mortal Kombat fatalities. That could have been a good point against Netherealm but all these guys wanted to talk about for years on end was that not every female character was wearing a bra and a thong.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Do you think the creators of Powerpuff Girls, Kim Possible, Juniper Lee and any other story with female action lead have this image as well?

Frankly, this comes across as projection on your part.
Do not insult the power of the monkey

And you would actually have a point with the latter (maybe not so much the former given the backlash to Sarkeesian far outweighs wrongdoing she may have done). Funny thing is that most of the people who bring up crunch are the wokes you despise so much and that was still the case with Last of Us 2.
Except most of the talk of Crunch etc just vanished round The Last of Us 2 round release time and rarely gets brought up now if at all. Hell it hasn't been brough up in months but trying to dunk on people using Abby to say Gamers are awful because they didn't like Abby? yeh happened on Twitter last week most likely and happens regularly.

No I'm not.
You really are consider I just showed Ron Stoppable saving the day and proving he can be a hero. That's the big shift kind of in culture I'm on about and why people object to girlboss characters because rather than show themselves as awesome by doing awesome stuff they are written to be shown as awesome by making the male characters seems incompetent or awful. E.G the plotline where it was revealed Captain America never punched Hitler it was actually America Chavez but Cap got the credit because historical racism.

And even rarer for male characters on the heroes' side to be portrayed as such. That doesn't stop the anti-woke crowd from throwing a fit whenever it happens. And I can point to several comics, manga, anime, movies and video games that do indeed treat female characters that way.
It happens more regularly than you'd think in "modern media" lol.

If Rey were a guy we wouldn't be having this conversation. I don't know what Vagrant Queen is but if people can watch the same old stories of women needed to be rescued by men, a few about the reverse isn't going to kill them. And if it will, they can avoid such stories easily.
That's the thing, it's not even about rescuing the dude. The dude isn't captured or any such stuff. He's just a bumbling idiot being dragged along as a side kick. He's Joxer the Mighty only never having a moment of triumph or in Joxer's case that whole episode

Also Vagrant Queen for context

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, and it was a blatant attempt to establish hate for the character, not to show the superiority of the woman over the man.
Or it's fap material for those really into that fetish............. I wish I were joking here.

No, but she was created in an environment that is allergic to masculine "ugly" female leads. Which is where all the negativity came from, not people dunking on Druckmann for being into to muscle girls.
It's not even about being into muscle girls.

Abby's body model actually looks better than Abby.

It's always defended with some argument of realism yet the real life body model of Abby looks better than Abby in game.

There's only so much that can be hand waved away with issues about face scan and modelling tech

Again, they were lying, and also trying spin a perfectly reasonable artistic choice - that doesn't take away the tons of traditional videogame boobs - as a sinister agenda. Knock the guy off his pedestal all you like, but don't fabricate shit just cuz you want to keep up the hate boner.
Except based on said peoples ideology creating a character just because it's something you want to fap to isn't acceptable to them in basically any other case lol.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Or just been accused of something.

Or in Yoko Taro's case signed an autograph.......... on a cosplayers thigh........ after she specifically requested he sign there.........

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You really don't see why this just makes you look like a weird sad little man? Really? This is what normal people sound like to you?
Because you guys don't see the comedy in hypocrisy on blatant show and so have to resort to ad hominem esc tactics towards anyone who dares point it out?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It actually did exist, if there's much left of it on twitter I can't say but it was there and the stupidity of it and people not realising is shown in that tweet I showed a picture of.
That tweet which.... didn't show what you're talking about, and was just someone saying something looked cool and not "pushing" for anything.

Because you guys don't see the comedy in hypocrisy on blatant show and so have to resort to ad hominem esc tactics towards anyone who dares point it out?
"The HYPOCRISY! How dare this person say a picture looks cool without knowing Zelda canon!" 😡😡😡😡

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That tweet which.... didn't show what you're talking about, and was just someone saying something looked cool and not "pushing" for anything.
It was jumping on a trend at the time of people wanted Link to be female. Anyone with actual interest in the games would know it was Link not Zelda. Why would some-one be on about making Zelda a girl other than activism if as can be shown they have no interest in the actual property?

"The HYPOCRISY! How dare this person say a picture looks cool without knowing Zelda canon!" 😡😡😡😡
See above

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Wait, are we still having to pretend that the people who think Buzz Lightyear having a friend that was lesbian for about 20 seconds is the reason the movie Lightyear flopped have any valid opinions?

And shows on Netflix routinely get taken out behind the woodshed and shot, I mean, get canceled after a single season with little rhyme or reason, woke or not. It's kinda people's main frustration with Netflix

Reactions: Hades

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Wait, are we still having to pretend that the people who think Buzz Lightyear having a friend that was lesbian for about 20 seconds is the reason the movie Lightyear flopped have any valid opinions?

And shows on Netflix routinely get taken out behind the woodshed and shot, I mean, get canceled after a single season with little rhyme or reason, woke or not. It's kinda people's main frustration with Netflix
Everything is part of a narrative, except actual narratives, which are fine.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Or it's fap material for those really into that fetish............. I wish I were joking here.
Except based on said peoples ideology creating a character just because it's something you want to fap to isn't acceptable to them in basically any other case lol.
What does that have to do with anything that I just said about reactionaries straight-up lying, and a scene meant to establish hatred for a character?

It's not even about being into muscle girls.

Abby's body model actually looks better than Abby.

It's always defended with some argument of realism yet the real life body model of Abby looks better than Abby in game.

There's only so much that can be hand waved away with issues about face scan and modelling tech
Then I guess they failed, since a lot of people (muscle enthusists) love the way Abby actually looks in the game. No really, Abby's character model (purposefully) looking worse than the body model is a fact, because..?

Again, something isn't pandering to the traditional beauty standards therefor it was done on purpose to spite gamers, not because the creators genuinely wanted the character to look like that. And if they did they should've come out and said it, because seeing as it's against what we think is beautiful we can't trust their sincerity. 95% of all female characters in games looking like the usual super models... Yeah, duh, obviously. Why would we question the creators' intent? 5% looking unconventional and slightly out of step with the standard... They obviously hate gamers, and want us to look at ugly women to appease the feminists.