BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hitman's barcode tattoo.

So so so stupid. The first time I played Hitman, I actually thought I was supposed to prevent NPCs from seeing the back of my head. Turns out it isn't even necessary. I don't know if that makes the tattoo more or less stupid.
Depends on your opinion of mid-90s angst tattoos.
As much as my big bro loves the Hitman franchise, we always made bar scanner code jokes back when the first game released.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Hitman's barcode tattoo.

So so so stupid. The first time I played Hitman, I actually thought I was supposed to prevent NPCs from seeing the back of my head. Turns out it isn't even necessary. I don't know if that makes the tattoo more or less stupid.
Never mind getting close enough to even see the tattoo; how does a six-foot-tall completely bald dude go without being noticed so easily?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Never mind getting close enough to even see the tattoo; how does a six-foot-tall completely bald dude go without being noticed so easily?
I'm still waiting for the mission where Agent 47 pretends to be a member of the Blue Man Group, just for the sheer absurdity of it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ok, this is pretty petty, but it kinda irks me that in Elden Ring, the upgrade materials are simply enumerated to denote their quality (Smithing Stone 1, Smithing Stone 2, etc.) and weren't given unique names. Maybe it's because I'm used to Dark Souls with the Titanite shards being either Shards, Large, Chunk, or Slab. Perhaps it's also that it confused me when I first started ER, and thought the different numbers I was getting were quantities as opposed to qualities. I mean, the game already has hundreds of items with often bizarre names; why did they give up creatively on [some of the] the most import resources in the game?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Well actually .... (pop a beard and glasses on us, we all look the same - the five ages of Walter White or something).

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hi-Fi Rush has Rhythm Master Mode. Hardest difficulty, where dropping to D-Rank is an automatic death....

Why? It's stupid and dumb. I think I will stick with Very Hard Mode for my NG+ run.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Hi-Fi Rush has Rhythm Master Mode. Hardest difficulty, where dropping to D-Rank is an automatic death....

Why? It's stupid and dumb. I think I will stick with Very Hard Mode for my NG+ run.
My guess is it's a take on the Must Style mode from DmC : DMC, though since raising your rank as high as S in Hi-Fi Rush is kind of a pain, and letting it drop to D is kinda hard except maybe right at the start of fights, they figured that way worked better than 'you can only damage enemies if your style rank is S'.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My guess is it's a take on the Must Style mode from DmC : DMC, though since raising your rank as high as S in Hi-Fi Rush is kind of a pain, and letting it drop to D is kinda hard except maybe right at the start of fights,
I noticed immediately (not the only thing and they took several inspirations from DmC 2013) when reading the description and seeing Serpahim17's walkthrough. Getting to S is usually not too bad when on a NG+, and having the modified chips where you can make your combos last longer. It becomes a problem in sections like the train stage or when enemies are out of reach and you have to spam Peppermint to keep your combo from degrading.

they figured that way worked better than 'you can only damage enemies if your style rank is S'.
This should have been an optional difficulty modifier. You can only damage enemies at an A Rank or higher. I'll take that over the whole dying thing, because of my low ass grade.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Ok, this is pretty petty, but it kinda irks me that in Elden Ring, the upgrade materials are simply enumerated to denote their quality (Smithing Stone 1, Smithing Stone 2, etc.) and weren't given unique names. Maybe it's because I'm used to Dark Souls with the Titanite shards being either Shards, Large, Chunk, or Slab. Perhaps it's also that it confused me when I first started ER, and thought the different numbers I was getting were quantities as opposed to qualities. I mean, the game already has hundreds of items with often bizarre names; why did they give up creatively on [some of the] the most import resources in the game?
My issue is that each level of Ancient type needs 12 fuggin pieces to a single Somber per level. I mean once you hunt down the bell bearings it’s not really an issue, but early on it’s unnecessarily restrictive.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
In Super Mario 64 the Toads are transparent when you move away from them. What's up with that, are they ghosts or something? It's weird.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
They're trapped in the walls by Bowser's magic. Same way Peach is inside the stained glass window.
My guess is that's a justification for a hardware issue they couldn't solve in time, like the fog in Silent Hill. But it was considered 'canonical' enough that it was kept in the Nintendo DS remake.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
My guess is that's a justification for a hardware issue they couldn't solve in time, like the fog in Silent Hill. But it was considered 'canonical' enough that it was kept in the Nintendo DS remake.
I think it's just so they can have the toads be there to give you advice while also explaining why they're just standing around doing nothing when Bowser has taken over.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I think it's just so they can have the toads be there to give you advice while also explaining why they're just standing around doing nothing when Bowser has taken over.
I always figured it was because they're lazy gits and even being opaque when they didn't have to be was more effort than they wanted to expend.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I really love Assassin's Creed Odyssey but aaaaaaaarrglargh.

The chest armors. Bronze. Iron. Whatever. They're... they're like skins on the models, they bend, strech, twist as the wearer moves while talking. It's just, eek. Nightmarish. Feverish. Lovecraftian. Nauseating. Wrong.

Don't look at the chest :

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I really love Assassin's Creed Odyssey but aaaaaaaarrglargh.

The chest armors. Bronze. Iron. Whatever. They're... they're like skins on the models, they bend, strech, twist as the wearer moves while talking. It's just, eek. Nightmarish. Feverish. Lovecraftian. Nauseating. Wrong.

Don't look at the chest :

Maybe it's painted leather... that just happens to behave like spandex.