Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No suprises there.

Twitter has 300 million users, ~$4-5 billion (pre-Musk) in revenues and struggles to make money. A competitor with a miniscule fraction of the users and revenues is inevitably going to face huge financial challenges. If Parler comes back, it'll have to be as a platform for a much wider audience or to fulfill a different function.

I would expect to say goodbye to Truth Social in due course, too. The only reason that was even started, never mind stays afloat, is because political donors are willing to indulge Donald Trump's vanity whilst he's still a political force.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

went to the wrong house to pick up his younger twin brothers (...) Reports said he was shot at least twice on Thursday night, first through the front door of the house and a second time when he lay wounded on the ground.
Wouldn't have happened if he had a gun.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
So George Farmer and Candice Owens finally found a mark not as openly brain-melted as Kanye to offload their failing business on to? Judging by the new owner's statements and other business ventures tho, it doesn't give much hope of positive change.

As an aside, George Farmer not even having his own Wikipedia page or informative public profile anywhere despite being of extreme British wealth is already emanating pretty bad vibes. Every one of these backseat influencer billionaires need to be thoroughly vetted and critically analysed by journalists, cause there's no fucking way they aren't pulling some sly creepazoid anti-democratic bullshit behind the scenes that always comes back to bite us in the ass one way or another.

Of course son to wealthy UK conservative peer politician, ominously referred to as Baron Farmer.

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
So George Farmer and Candice Owens finally found a mark not as openly brain-melted as Kanye to offload their failing business on to? Judging by the new owner's statements and other business ventures tho, it doesn't give much hope of positive change.

As an aside, George Farmer not even having his own Wikipedia page or informative public profile anywhere despite being of extreme British wealth is already emanating pretty bad vibes. Every one of these backseat influencer billionaires need to be thoroughly vetted and critically analysed by journalists, cause there's no fucking way they aren't pulling some sly creepazoid anti-democratic bullshit behind the scenes that always comes back to bite us in the ass one way or another.

Of course son to wealthy UK conservative peer politician, ominously referred to as Baron Farmer.

The fuckin brits going around with barons and dukes and shit acting like they're a normal country. Fucking wild.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Wouldn't have happened if he had a gun.
It's kinda weird that all the talk about this attempted murder is about the fact that kid was black and the shooter white, as if shooting someone at your door for no reason is okay if they're the same race as you. Whether the shooting was racially motivated or not is pretty irrelevant, the shooter needs to be in jail regardless of his stupid reason, but it seems the cop aren't doing anything about it.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
It's kinda weird that all the talk about this attempted murder is about the fact that kid was black and the shooter white, as if shooting someone at your door for no reason is okay if they're the same race as you. Whether the shooting was racially motivated or not is pretty irrelevant, the shooter needs to be in jail regardless of his stupid reason, but it seems the cop aren't doing anything about it.
It's relevant because it's about the culture in which black people get murdered by white people who decide they're in "self defense" at the first glimpse of them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hate to break it to you, but it is freaking relevant. When many blacks have been shot and killed for less or for the pettiest reasons and whether they're cops or not, it's usually a white person/or a person presumed to be "white" (Latinos and light skin Asians sometimes get a pass, if it means blacks are at the bottom of the totem pole), will say "self-defense/scared for my life!" when said person they attacked was usually minding their own damn business! There is definitely racial motivation here. If he had been white or a non dark skin color, I highly doubt the shooting would have happened in the first place. I'm glad the kid is alive, but he's going to have to go through so much physical and emotional therapy. All the person in the house had to do was say, "You have the wrong address.", and move on with his life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satinavian

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Let say reports are wrong, and turn out the the shooter was black, would you say "Oh okay, fair enough, nothing to see here, hope that guy stay free"? Or what if it turns out that the shooter had done that before, but to a white person? The shooting may very well be racially motivated, but its irrelevant to the crime. Reading article on it, I'd rather get information about the legal side, some sort of explanation of why he wasn't arrested, whether or not self defense could be claimed (hopefully not, but apparently some state have very wide definition of self defense), are there other similar case that have gone to court before and came out one way or another?

But none of the article I've seen had any of that information, they all just jump straight to the racial side, which is important but only a part of the story (and an unconfirmed part at that). It's just lazy sensationalism trying to pass for journalism.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Let say reports are wrong, and turn out the the shooter was black, would you say "Oh okay, fair enough, nothing to see here, hope that guy stay free"?
No. He gets his ass charged like anyone else. And according to the reports, the guy is white, but his name hasn't been revealed. We get why is it has been revealed, cuz people want to rip the crap out of him and tear him apart. I can't exactly blame how people feel on this.

f it turns out that the shooter had done that before, but to a white person? The shooting may very well be racially motivated, but its irrelevant to the crime.
If that were the case, then the jackass would have already been in jail by now. And if that is the case, then it shows he's dumb enough to make the same mistake twice. And as far as I'm concerned it is relevant to the crime. I'll bring up similar story. I don't remember the exact year, but either in 2017 or 2018, a homeowner that was a fire marshal that shot at a black teen just for knocking on his door. The black teen had gotten off at the wrong bus stop and only knocked to ask for directions. The guy shot at him in response just for asking for directions. Thankfully the kid didn't get hit, and the guy was later charged and arrested. But his excuse boiled down to "I feared for my life!". His wife tried to make a similar excuse. That still doesn't change the fact that too many cases like this have happened and still happen today, so it's pretty freaking relevant, regardless of your damn opinion. We may not know all the answers, but that still doesn't change the fact that a man shot at a black teenage kid just for ringing his doorbell. If the boy was white or very light skin color, that wouldn't happened and we all know it. I know we can't believe every single thing we see in the media, and while I'm not the biggest fan of CNN, they can least bother to get the job done, and usually admit their mistakes.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No suprises there.

Twitter has 300 million users, ~$4-5 billion (pre-Musk) in revenues and struggles to make money. A competitor with a miniscule fraction of the users and revenues is inevitably going to face huge financial challenges. If Parler comes back, it'll have to be as a platform for a much wider audience or to fulfill a different function.

I would expect to say goodbye to Truth Social in due course, too. The only reason that was even started, never mind stays afloat, is because political donors are willing to indulge Donald Trump's vanity whilst he's still a political force.
Could you imagine anyone else in this world who would get so much money thrown at them for so many projects? That isn't themselves already a millionaire

Could you imagine what benefits society could have had if that many went to society instead of millionaires? Can you imagine what Rand Paul or Ted Cruz would say about it?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I thought I might update people on another shooting. The two dads that shot at each other. Their kids where sitting with them in a car and got shot

If you followed the Rittenhouse case, you'd know that anything plaaric is a lethal weapon and deserves deadly force. So... the first dad who opened fire is not getting charged on anything because a watee bottle was thrown at him (the same castle doctrine used for Rittenhouse). The second one (the water bottle thrower) has an extra charge of throwing a deadly missle. I dont know why bullets are counted as deadly missles but here we are

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
As an aside, George Farmer not even having his own Wikipedia page or informative public profile anywhere despite being of extreme British wealth is already emanating pretty bad vibes.
George Farmer is borderline a nobody. His father is worth quite a lot, and has held positions of public note. However, George is just the by-blow of a rich dude, and there are thousands such people in the UK alone, none of whom really merit a Wikipedia entry. Maybe George will do something worthwhile to merit one eventually, but just presently he's basically just a random, rich tosser.

Could you imagine anyone else in this world who would get so much money thrown at them for so many projects? That isn't themselves already a millionaire
One of the remarkable things about the rich and famous is their ability to just be given stuff. People get big enough, companies and individuals just hand over stuff which would be of life-changing value to a substantial proportion of the population. And then they'll go out and tell everyone how hard they worked for it.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
and a second time when he lay wounded on the ground.
Which is the very, very, very hard line between "self-defense" and premeditated murder. You can't claim self-defense when you fire a weapon at someone who is very plainly unable to pose a threat.

Of course, the usual gang of racists will try to play the shooter up as a misunderstood hero, tell us about how the victim "wanted to kill whitey", so on.

Reactions: BrawlMan