Funny events in anti-woke world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I recommend anyone who thinks that schoolgirls suffering serious head and neck inuries is funny take a long, hard look at their moral compass.
Sorry, I was raised on America's Funniest Home Videos. I wouldn't be laughing at it if she wasn't using this completely normal volleyball incident to attack trans people because *she thinks* her opponent was born with a penis

I'd add the Eric Andre bit to the end of the clip if I had a video editor

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
There is something I'd like to talk about regarding Japanese media and "censorship". In light of things like remakes of Resident Evil games and the whole debacle with Dead or Alive costumes, the usual suspects like to argue about "imposing Western ideals" onto Japanese entertainment.

The irony of this is that a lot of anime, manga, light novels and Japanese video games clearly have a lot of western influence. Just look at the Resident Evil games as an example. Most of the recurring characters are white Americans. Jill Valentine is supposed to be half-Japanese but this was only mentioned in marketing for the first game and you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at her. Ada Wong is Asian but her exact national origin is unknown and others have pointed out she looks closer to a white woman in RE6. That's not even getting into how many American movies the games draw ideas from.

But it's only when Jill gets an outfit that covers her shoulders and legs that these guys suddenly care about western influence in Japanese games.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The routine assassination of trans people is rooted in your hate speech.
This is just delusional. Though to be fair, it's in the same conversation as people thinking a girl deserves to have gotten concussed cause she doesn't want other girls to experience that, so par for the course.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
This is just delusional. Though to be fair, it's in the same conversation as people thinking a girl deserves to have gotten concussed cause she doesn't want other girls to experience that, so par for the course.
I give you this to celebrate : https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/ncvs-trans-press-release/

You can go your usual "they are just hurling themselves on bullets to SPITE ME because THEY HATE ME" or you can go your usual "see, people who aren't me are IN DANGER OF VICTIMIZATION, that's why we should eradicate them". But the reality is that you frame any deviation from your bigoted medieval norms as hostile toxic monstrosity, and that's what makes them legitimate targets for violent assholes sharing your worldview.

Again, the real nazis weren't just those who killed the jews or the gays. They were the ordinary citizens who were otherizing them, framing them as "a problem", and wishing them to not exist, supporting politicians who promised to tackle "the problem", all while not wanting to know, not caring about, how it was tackled. Clean hands in practice, but genocidary in discourse and worldviews.

You're the one who defines trans people as subhumans, drag queens as a problem, homosexuals as perverts. From there on, they become fair game for all sort of "self defense" and "social cleansing", they become second-rate victims. And you're all too happy for the circularity of it. Just like women getting raped in the streets is very convenient to keep them washing the dishes at home and only getting outside under a strict dress code, your violence (verbal, symbolic, administrative, physical, lethal) against sexual minorities justify your denial of their right to exist, which in turn justifies this violence. The cog in your machine is people who call you out on that, describe you as what you are, and, even worse, promote the acceptation of sexual minorities and their recognotion as humans like others, with the same right to exist, to live, to embrace their own identity in respect and safety. That would be your nightmare, the lifting of their stigma. Not the fact that they are (oh noes) punished for their "deviance" ("welp, they just had to not deviate lol").

Yes you are killing them. You are part of the annihilation program, which two branches, two pressures to cease to exist, are in perfect symbiosis, feeding each other.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You're the one who defines trans people as subhumans, drag queens as a problem, homosexuals as perverts.
I have literally never done any of that. You offer me statistics of violence to celebrate, but you are the one celebrating them. You are excited that someone is being victimized to justify your hatred of others.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I have literally never done any of that.
You have never ceased to, by denying the very existence of trans people, by denying citizen rights to homosexuals, by framing their sentimental lives as deviant sexual hobbies, and by framing drag queens as sexual perversions.

You fancy yourself as "humble" and "benevolent" and you never face yourself in the mirror. At best, you're like patronizing racists who treated black people as racial inferiors all while advocating to treat them well (like they'd advocate to treat animals well), still reinforcing the very worldview that underlied segregation and slavery. On cruise speed, you simply promote the suppression of minorities (as not deserving to exist in their own rights) which is to their endured physical violence what ethnocide and assimilationism are to genocide. The enforced injunction to not exist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Jill Valentine is supposed to be half-Japanese but this was only mentioned in marketing for the first game and you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at her.
It was less marketing, and more early design documents that never went through and Shinji's team decided to drop early in development. Jill was supposed to be French-Japanese. The closest to Asian Jill ever looks like is in RE: Revelations, but she don't look much like it in that game either.
Ada Wong is Asian but her exact national origin is unknown and others have pointed out she looks closer to a white woman in RE6.
Her backstory is implied that she worked for a Chinese crime syndicate, before joining the spy game. Apparently she's supposed to be Chinese-Vietnamese, and belonged to wealthy family, but it's implied ambiguously that Ada is an unreliable narrator and testing Leon on whether he believes her or not. Ada Wong isn't even her real name, and is just an alias. Capcom has never revealed her real name.

Wong's personal life is a complete mystery. Her ethnicity and nationality are left unconfirmed, and when and where she was born are also unknown, not to mention her birth name.[9][excerpt 2]
According to one account by Wong herself, she was born around 1974 to a wealthy Chinese-Vietnamese family in the Chợ Lớn district of Saigon in the final months of the Vietnam War. In the aftermath of the Fall of Saigon, persecution of the Hoa became commonplace due to class division. When she was three years old, Wong's family sold off what remained of their assets to human traffickers in order to escape to the United States, but they were ultimately cheated and arrived with no money to survive on. However, the validity of this account is questionable as Wong would later remark on this story as being fabricated to test Leon S. Kennedy's gullibility.[10]
Ada still looks Asian in RE6, and it didn't look like they tried to make her more white in that one. Unless you're getting her confused for Carla, Who is/was white, until Simmons turned her into a literal Ada clone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dude, don't do that, that's not cool.
Blunt maybe, but considering where the United States in particular is headed let's just say it how it is. It is that kind of mindset that is killing people in the trans community. It's kinda pointless now to act like people and billion dollar funded platforms that label trans people as dangerous, mentally ill freaks out to indoctrinate children are not to blame for the next trans woman that gets killed.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing wrong with pointing out bigotry, it's consequences, and it's sources.
Pointing out the consequences of dehumanising speech is one thing; directly attributing someone's death to a specific person on this forum goes beyond that. Its specious, and also somewhat disrespectful towards the victims themselves, IMO.

But anyway. Not gonna carry on arguing this point.

Reactions: Satinavian

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
There is something I'd like to talk about regarding Japanese media and "censorship". In light of things like remakes of Resident Evil games and the whole debacle with Dead or Alive costumes, the usual suspects like to argue about "imposing Western ideals" onto Japanese entertainment.

The irony of this is that a lot of anime, manga, light novels and Japanese video games clearly have a lot of western influence. Just look at the Resident Evil games as an example. Most of the recurring characters are white Americans. Jill Valentine is supposed to be half-Japanese but this was only mentioned in marketing for the first game and you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at her. Ada Wong is Asian but her exact national origin is unknown and others have pointed out she looks closer to a white woman in RE6. That's not even getting into how many American movies the games draw ideas from.

But it's only when Jill gets an outfit that covers her shoulders and legs that these guys suddenly care about western influence in Japanese games.
A lot of western weebs really hate the idea that Japan is just a normal country of 126 million people, complete with a conservative power structures, progressive movements, activists, customs, punks, taxes, and all the other normal boring shit a country has. Akihabara is about as representative as Queens or the French Quarter. They'll tone down their own games because of their sexual own hang ups (Final Fantasy Mobius) or cultural beliefs about dead body parts (Resident Evil 7), they'll cut up *our* stuff because of cultural traumas (Fallout), it's just normal culture shit

Cuts into the actual funny thing I wanted to bring up: Makoto Shinkai's new hit movie Suzume was originally conceived as a movie about Suzume traveling around with her girlfriend as a "sisterhood type of romantic story". It also would've worked if he'd made the main character a boy or non-binary and have the love interest be male

But the producers wouldn't go for it, so he made it girlxchair so it wouldn't be too romantic.