Funny events in anti-woke world

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, hardly original, Musk had a tantrum and fired people because people didn't care about his ramblings.

Also, accusations by GOP supporters that they could only lose due to voter fraud aren't a million miles away from this, at least when they aren't solely a cover for legalised voter fraud of their own.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Meet your new Fox News contributor, a woman who tied for 5th place with a trans woman and didn't get a trophy immediately because why have two 5th place trophies on hand and her name was later alphabetically

Trans woman ruins marathon by placing ~6000 out of 20000

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

I'm imagining a bunch of bearded white dudes in confederate cosplay in the audience going: "Yeah, white people died for your freedom!"

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

I'm imagining a bunch of bearded white dudes in confederate cosplay in the audience going: "Yeah, white people died for your freedom!"
I fairness, I *think* the context is that modern Black people owe reparations to older civil rights leaders, but that really just makes the speech absolutely baffling

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I fairness, I *think* the context is that modern Black people owe reparations to older civil rights leaders, but that really just makes the speech absolutely baffling
Yes, it seems like it is. My comment is referring to that cautious little applause after "somebody fought wars and died for you" tho.

Also, love how the podium looks like it has NO GOP on it. Somebody had a cousin whoms passion is graphic design.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
A new take? Maybe I have been very unfortunate in my surroundings, but I have often seen racists muse about how Americans of African descent should be happy their ancesters were brought to civilisation as slaves, otherwise they would be running around the "African jungles" half naked now.

A black person running for as a republican politician spewing similar nonsense though... that's new to me.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Trans woman ruins marathon by placing ~6000 out of 20000
Think of how much better the person who came last would feel if all the people ahead of them finished in a slightly different order though!

(I'm not sure people really remember their position once they aren't in the top 100 or whatever? I can still remember my time from my run in 2007 (4:26:26) but I wouldn't have a hope in hell of telling you my position (there was a panda ahead of me for a bit, I remember that).

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Think of how much better the person who came last would feel if all the people ahead of them finished in a slightly different order though!

(I'm not sure people really remember their position once they aren't in the top 100 or whatever? I can still remember my time from my run in 2007 (4:26:26) but I wouldn't have a hope in hell of telling you my position (there was a panda ahead of me for a bit, I remember that).
I'm gonna give you a bro-fist meme for running and completing a marathon, cos that's a pretty big achievement for non-professional athletes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Look at that, another Uncle Ruckus working for the organization that loves screwing Blacks and minorities over.
A black person running for as a republican politician spewing similar nonsense though... that's new to me.
This is nothing new for us. See Auntie Ruckus, Candace Owens.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hmmm, if it's the second laziest animal and you can outrun it, can we deduce that the laziest animal is not you?
Not in 2007, though I fear I've slid down the rankings in the time between. Getting chased down by the enemy in Killer Benzo Sloth, coming to cinemas near you.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Republicans seem to attract people who hate themselves. See also Ann Coulter, who once opined that women should be armed but not allowed to vote.
What kind of logic is that? You trust women with guns but not something far less likely to get you killed like voting?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What kind of logic is that? You trust women with guns but not something far less likely to get you killed like voting?
Republicans do tend to be in favour of reducing the right to vote a lot more than reducing the right to own guns, so it kinda makes sense?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Republicans seem to attract people who hate themselves. See also Ann Coulter, who once opined that women should be armed but not allowed to vote.
No, the GOP just fucking love people they hate echoing their rhetoric on how much they should indeed be hated. A black person saying slavery wasn't a big deal, a woman saying she shouldn't have reproductive rights... Shit like this gives old, white, conservative men a giant boner. Which is why it's such fertile ground for minority grifters.