Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Man. Looking at the comments it's wild to me how people just want the world to be shitty. Again so many of these people are the same ones who give out about declining birth rates and immigration but what do they actually want people to do? I actively chose not to have children, in no small part because it would be financially ruinous.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Man. Looking at the comments it's wild to me how people just want the world to be shitty. Again so many of these people are the same ones who give out about declining birth rates and immigration but what do they actually want people to do? I actively chose not to have children, in no small part because it would be financially ruinous.
It's because they want to see others fail, so that they can feel like special winners.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Ppl keep posting full movie rips on to twitter which can't keep up with moderation after firing most of the staff.

(Aw that mario movie post didn't last long after sharing 😔)

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Ppl keep posting full movie rips on to twitter which can't keep up with moderation after firing most of the staff.

(Aw that mario movie post didn't last long after sharing 😔)
If Musk thinks he's going to sell Twitter off for a profit (or even anything not resembling a catastrophic loss), he's gonna want to get on that issue tout suite.

(Then again, he seems to think it's okay for test rockets to shotgun themselves and everything around them with debris when launching, soooooooo....)

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Tho confusion seems to be from ppl trying it without putting the space after the pet word. Either way, am feel ill just thinking about it. The audience of disturbed creepazoids certainly exists for that sorta shit, except now it seems one of them runs twitter. The pipeline to $8chan is almost complete.

-

Recommend some alternatives to Twitter.
Journalists I follow appear to mention Mastadon as a temporary alternative, but it's a tad more basic and hasn't caught on much - but there's also something new called Bluesky by the old twitter guy which is in beta currently: heard positive noises so far, tho can only apply for invite by providing email - and not sure how long the waiting list is for that yet. I only use the site for keeping up with the latest wave of depressing misinformation and political tomfoolery, strictly no family or friends, so wherever the main rookery of misinfo journos migrate to is where i gotta bumble.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Not really. I expect her gone within the year, or Musk throwing some other type of hissy fit.
You could be right. My immediate takeaway however was that Elon himself or someone within his inner circle told him "This Twitter thing isn't working out/isn't as fun as I expected, I don't want to run it any more" and he brought this mysterious woman onboard so as to step away with little fuss.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I am disappointed. I expected something outrageous, and it's just a Musk worshipping MAGA-adjacent conservative bible humper centrist. The least interesting outcome. Most notable thing about her is she was appointed by Trump to some council along with Hershel Walker and Dr. Oz, which is just the most amazing combo of people.

Whatever, she's just a scapegoat anyway.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The last time he said it's his dog who was CEO, not him. I expect the new one to be his favourite race horse or something.
Caligula may not have really said that, and if he did, he might have said something along the lines of "You lot are useless, I'll make my horse a consul and it'd do a better job".

Reactions: thebobmaster