Diablo IV - Beta Impressions

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So I have been playing for a while, had no issues, and all of a sudden I am having rubberbanding/lag spike issue? It started all of a sudden a few days ago. No issue on the internet itself, as every device in the house is connecting fine. I am also not downloading anything in the background either
Peak hours tend to cause a bit of lag for me as well. It's not too bad in dungeons because those are instanced though.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Peak hours tend to cause a bit of lag for me as well. It's not too bad in dungeons because those are instanced though.
Yeah, towns are horrendous. I am seeing 400-500 ms. But even in aspect dungeons, it seems to go up around 100-120 ms or so.

Kinda wish D4 would feature a private lobby or offline mode. I honestly wouldn't mind keep playing solo

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
On a slightly related note:

Diablo IV: 45GB

Diablo Immortal: 55GB

What the fuck, Blizzard?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So I played a bit more, started getting some legendary loot. This one warhammer made me shift my build cause its whirlwind would cause actual whirlwinds to appear, so now I'm a more blunt focused barbarian with a touch of bleeding in there. Also I picked the Kratos ultimate skill cause the range on it is insane and I feel for the other two, especially the zerker one, you need a different build and I don't have the loot for it yet.

I like how when you're out in the fields you can sometimes run into other people, there was this necromancer with a bunch of skeletons and I thought I was being mobbed and hit my ult but then I realized they were allied skeletons lol. Guy must have thought I was nuts.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Came across this vid. And oh my god, I felt the pain
Off topic, but how the fuck does someone manage 172 hours in 11 days? On average, that's 15.6 hours per day. Assuming they get the required 8hrs sleep, that would mean they've played nothing but Diablo IV all day, every day for 11 days straight. 0_0

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Maybe they just left their game on as they slept or something? Granted, I did just play like 7 hours today and am debating going back in. Game is just a blast, there's always something fun coming your way.

I'm in my mid 30s now, cleared Act 1 in the main storymode, while also doing a bunch of random subquests as I run into them. Almost all my loot is legendary now, and I'm fiddling with different kinds of weapons. I got this awesome legendary berserking helmet so I'm working on that build now. Man do I love being able to just respec any time you want for a negligible cost.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Off topic, but how the fuck does someone manage 172 hours in 11 days? On average, that's 15.6 hours per day. Assuming they get the required 8hrs sleep, that would mean they've played nothing but Diablo IV all day, every day for 11 days straight. 0_0
That is Quinn69 he is a no life streamer who puts in every waking hour into games like this on release.

Reactions: Hawki

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Guys, help me pick the next class!

Currently at lvl 43 as HOTA Barb, first playthrough on WT1. I am nearing the end of the campaign I believe, and as soon as I am done I plan to go straight to Cathedral of Light on WT2, so I can unlock WT3, skip campaign, and raise few new builds to play on the said WT3. Barb will then be forgotten in the back of the character slots. Current Barb is great and I love the damage output and all, but since he's a physical attacker and he needs to get up close, I also feel it can be really tricky sometimes. I have to tank so many hits just to build enough fury. Most of the time it's fine, but I feel there are bosses and elites where it's really not worth tanking all the attacks.

Hence, I want a build that will give me some ranged damage so I don't have to get cornered or surrounded again. Druid was seriously disappointing in the beta, so that's out of the question, meaning I'm down to either Necro, Rogue, or Sorc.

I heard Necro is great for solo, which already earns a plus for me. Raising an army of the dead or using corpse explosion sounds awesome. But I am not sure how reliable the AI of the undead army will be. Also I feel like corpses won't always be there for me to mess around with

Rogue is a class I definitely have a least experience in. I never got to play Diablo 1, In Diablo 2 I never got to play Amazon or Assassin, and in Diablo 3 I played demon hunter for the first 2-3 hours and then got bored of the game. From what I understand, it is your standard nimble attacker using bow, daggers, and leaving traps. It does sound awesome and it sounds like rogue has the highest dps of all five classes. But I am also really slow at pressing buttons and have terrible click accuracy. And given how those held me back over on League of Legends, I don't know if I can handle the quickness of the class

I liked sorc in D2, it was fun spamming all those spells, raining down blizzard or hellfire. Here, it looks like it's still the same class with flashy elemental spells. But while mana generates all the time, it looks like the class can become very dependant on it. It's also obviously not a close combat class, and being surrounded or cornered can spell death.

IDK, I feel I'm leaning towards either Necro or Sorc

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I'm still waiting for the Paladin/Crusader/Templar/whatever to be avaliable as a playable class before I sink my teeth into this game

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I’m also gonna guess some of the future classes;

I feel like monk will definitely be here. A lot of spiritual attacks, or buffing/healing the part. Attacking mostly with their fists, and they like to counterattack and return the damage they took

A knight/paladin/crusader class would be awesome, especially if it’s a defector/exile from Cathedral of Light. I feel like this class would add ton of dialogue

Someone like Amazon who specializes in spear-throwing? They might use bows as well, but it’s more about shooting destructive arrows rather than rapid ones like rogue

Return of the bard class from Diablo 1? Definitely more of a support role to buff allies and debuff enemies, but they also have few damaging songs.

A Nephalem class, who can tap into both angelic and demonic heritage, wielding both the power of light and dark.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I’m also gonna guess some of the future classes;

I feel like monk will definitely be here. A lot of spiritual attacks, or buffing/healing the part. Attacking mostly with their fists, and they like to counterattack and return the damage they took

A knight/paladin/crusader class would be awesome, especially if it’s a defector/exile from Cathedral of Light. I feel like this class would add ton of dialogue

Someone like Amazon who specializes in spear-throwing? They might use bows as well, but it’s more about shooting destructive arrows rather than rapid ones like rogue

Return of the bard class from Diablo 1? Definitely more of a support role to buff allies and debuff enemies, but they also have few damaging songs.

A Nephalem class, who can tap into both angelic and demonic heritage, wielding both the power of light and dark.
In regards to future classes, the Devs did say that the next class will be a brand new class never seen in Diablo before. So it will not be as simple as a Pally/crusader character.

My guess is we'll get to play as one of the angels of heaven. Which would include the holy magic element without actually being just a Pally or whatever.