Funny events in anti-woke world

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I suppose that's possible-- though if we're judging by the article's use of language, it seems very odd to say "accessed by people who aren't Hunter Biden" when referring to a timeframe during which Hunter Biden never had it. That phrasing would be redundant if the ~3 years just covers the time after he left it.
The phrasing is intentionally vague - if I drop my laptop off at a repair shop odds are pretty good that someone other than me is going to access it, and likely not long after I drop it off - specifically the staff of the repair shop, in an attempt to repair it. The phrasing used includes everything from just that to being loaded up with tons of intentionally false or manipulated data being doctored on every day from when it was dropped off until the day it was handed off the to FBI and literally everything in between.

And yes, the phrasing specifically seems to describe someone who is not Hunter accessing the laptop during a period in which Hunter did not have possession of it. But the point is to take something that could be something or could just be the repairman trying to do his job and paint it as definitely making anything on the laptop totally irrelevant.

This is one of those topics that makes me wonder if Sort By Controversial actually wasn't fiction.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
You're assuming [...] that the CIA only knows what is being formally investigated [...]
Not at all. The direct family of an administration is probably the first people to be vetted to ascertain whether they are a security risk or not. In that process they are obviously investigated, whether there is something there or not. Since no formal investigation actually was going on under the 51 intelligence profiles' watch I can only assume that Hunter Biden's profile was at that point clear enough that investigating him for outright criminal behaviour was not on the table.
You're assuming [...] that none of the former intelligence officials have any special knowledge of what happened after they left their position.
One would hope members of the intelligence community would respect intelligence protocol, i.e. not leak info to former colleagues. But sure, that could've happened.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The phrasing is intentionally vague - if I drop my laptop off at a repair shop odds are pretty good that someone other than me is going to access it, and likely not long after I drop it off - specifically the staff of the repair shop, in an attempt to repair it. The phrasing used includes everything from just that to being loaded up with tons of intentionally false or manipulated data being doctored on every day from when it was dropped off until the day it was handed off the to FBI and literally everything in between.

And yes, the phrasing specifically seems to describe someone who is not Hunter accessing the laptop during a period in which Hunter did not have possession of it. But the point is to take something that could be something or could just be the repairman trying to do his job and paint it as definitely making anything on the laptop totally irrelevant.

This is one of those topics that makes me wonder if Sort By Controversial actually wasn't fiction.
Or it could just be an ambiguous phrase.

In truth, the when matters less than the fact it happened-- that repeated accessing and copying, including by unknown parties, damaged their ability to verify most of the data.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Or it could just be an ambiguous phrase.

In truth, the when matters less than the fact it happened-- that repeated accessing and copying, including by unknown parties, damaged their ability to verify most of the data.
The when matters a lot, because the FBI has the original version. When they talk about things being unverified or potentially manipulated because of how many people accessed it, it's sort of like playing a game of telephone. Each time the info changes hands, the info itself could be changed. The laptop was taken by the FBI before any of the changing of hands, like going to the first person in the chain and asking them directly what they said.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The when matters a lot, because the FBI has the original version. When they talk about things being unverified or potentially manipulated because of how many people accessed it, it's sort of like playing a game of telephone. Each time the info changes hands, the info itself could be changed. The laptop was taken by the FBI before any of the changing of hands, like going to the first person in the chain and asking them directly what they said.
It doesn't matter much for the outcome of forensic analysis on the copied drives, I mean. We haven't seen details about the FBI's own forensics on the original laptop-- all we've seen is that it played no significant role at all in the criminal charges. Which tells us quite a lot.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Reactions: BrawlMan