Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Giant tech companies are just the oil barons of the 21st century.
And this is the reason why I stop giving an even further crap about Microsoft.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
... dafuck does that mean, 'adult audience'? If you fight a metal slime and miss, will the protag say fuck instead of the classic DQ miss sound, or something?
They trying to pull a FF16?

"If Final Fantasy can be mature then I wanna be mature too! Where is my horned gimp mask NPC!?"

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
DQ has been played mainly by adult for a long time, the first one came out in 86, someone who played the first one as a kid is now around 40! There's no reason to target that demographic, people play DQ game because they have a timeless quality to them, trying to change them miss the point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Too long, didn't read-version: a bunch of people behind the Yakuza/Like A Dragon series has left their parent company and in the latest gog release their names have been scrubbed from the credits.

I hope rules for proper crediting will be formalized within the industry so that companies cannot pull this.
What is it with game publishers and developers doing this on both sides of the Pacific. Were they really expecting these people to stay forever? Grow the hell up, you pussies.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

EA is divorcing itself?
More like just treating the sports division as its own thing while they still make regular games so they can see how much money each division brings in along with devs

Also, Skull girls had some content censored and I say good riddance

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pretty dumb on both ends. The censorship is unnecessary, and Skullgirls is meant for late teens and adults, not kids. The Nazi-type soldiers I get, even though they're clearly the bad guys. The sexualization, which is the game doesn't have that much to begin with, is being too sensitive and aiming for people who are never going to play the game, nor invested in the first place. Which ironic, as most of the players (and there's a lot) that are female either I have 0 issues with the sexualization, or embrace the characters that fit right in the category. On the other side, the fans are going way too overboard and need to chill the fuck out. Don't even think of responding back to me Gyrobot, I don't give a fuck.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What else is new? And I don't like you, Ryan. So would you kindly continue to fuck off?

It begins!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I just posted a message there, so hopefully someone can hook me up with a QR code or new setup key. Thanks for the suggestion! It's kinda crazy this place seems so void of...management? It seems to still have new content by contributors but I don't really even see mods or anyone with admin post anymore.

Finally after much back and forth with unknown/random discord folk I received an update from Nick -

I'm not sure there's much I can do on this right now. Our new parent company is in charge of the forums, and we've got some bigger updates at the moment taking priority. I'll flag it with tech, but be patient on that.

*sigh...taps fingers*

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Pretty dumb on both ends. The censorship is unnecessary, and Skullgirls is meant for late teens and adults, not kids. The Nazi-type soldiers I get, even though they're clearly the bad guys. The sexualization, which is the game doesn't have that much to begin with, is being too sensitive and aiming for people who are never going to play the game, nor invested in the first place. Which ironic, as most of the players (and there's a lot) that are female either I have 0 issues with the sexualization, or embrace the characters that fit right in the category. On the other side, the fans are going way too overboard and need to chill the fuck out. Don't even think of responding back to me Gyrobot, I don't give a fuck.
Your resistance makes the rod harder, Brawlie.

After all no one pointed a gun to your head to make a snide centrist argument as always even though I see this as a mostly good thing as I hope this kind of problematic content get memory holed

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It smacks of middle-management pettiness, trying to deny people their deserved legacy as a punishment for "daring" to head elsewhere.
Japan still has the kind of work culture that when you start somewhere, its essentially seen as becoming a company man and that you'll see out your whole working career with these guys; kind of like the Mafia in that respect. I can absolutely see their middle managers - especially if they're really old or were trained by very old school peers - treating this as a betrayal worth cutting them out of the company history. Like Arasaka's behaviour in Cyberpunk is only an exaggeration in that employee termination comes at muzzle velocity.

Reactions: BrawlMan