Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I cant understand why someone cant be a really important figure in WW2 AND racist. There is no mutual exclusion there
I mean, it was the 1940's, so shit, who wasn't?

America had internment camps for americans of japanese descent, and in Europe jewish survivors were kindly told to piss of when they tried to get their houses and belongings back after the war ended.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Absolutely wild that 4 years ago these people hated "Safe Spaces". I'd ask "who do their brains work with those constant contradictions" but it's clear that they don't.

What if you couldn't find a guy to be mad at so you made them up
We need to start prosecuting these people for, like, perjury or something

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

Ah yes, that brand of alleged humour from people who just do or say what they were wanting to anyway, but add the claim of jokes because they never understood ironic comedy and assumed it was a golden ticket to indulging their fetishes with a wink instead...
What level of conspiracy theory are you suggesting? When the joke was built from people's reaction to him quoting somebody else, at what level do you think he initiated the plan to roleplay as a baby?

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
At least no one was threatening violence against a studio to change art to cover a midriff this time, so it could be worse. Just a lead ejected from his project so there would be less protest to "improving" the art. OTOH, this is now definitely the least sexual project ZONE has ever worked on.

Given the degree to which the art played a part in getting it funded in the first place some folks have started referring to this as "post-profit clarity".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like I said before in the gaming new thread, this is dumb on both sides. Skullgirls was never meant for kids. The target audience were always late teens and 20 something guys. Now the game did attract a large female fan base, due to a large and diverse cast of women. Most of the gamer girls either didn't mind the sexualization or had no problem embracing it. Also, last I checked, the guys that resemble Nazi are bad guy! Imagine that!

"The current devs (who were not the original developer team from 10+ years ago) thought they had to change what worked perfectly for over a decade and run the game's sprites through 4Kids-style censorship by removing such 'offensive' elements as armbands and panty shots, for the reasons and moral standpoint known only to them," wrote one recent Steam reviewer.
That explains so much. I have not forgotten that Lab Zero doesn't exist anymore, and it still sucks. I get trying to update or modernize things, but this was completely pointless. As for the people review bombing, you have a right to be upset to an extent, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone or several people take it too far or the responses get worse.

At least no one was threatening violence against a studio to change art to cover a midriff this time, so it could be worse. Just a lead ejected from his project so there would be less protest to "improving" the art. OTOH, this is now definitely the least sexual project ZONE has ever worked on.
As I sad before, let's pray that this doesn't happen. All it takes is one or several assholes to make things worse or go way too far on simping for 2D girls.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Now the game did attract a large female fan base, due to a large and diverse cast of women. Most of the gamer girls either didn't mind the sexualization or had no problem embracing it.
Many women love sexualized women in art and media (though to be clear, that does not contradict a desire to have more non-sexualized women too). People sometimes gripe about the early days of Magic: the Gathering having sexualized depictions of women, but nobody told Melissa Benson to make the art for Fire Elemental a hot babe, she did that cause she wanted to.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Many women love sexualized women in art and media (though to be clear, that does not contradict a desire to have more non-sexualized women too). People sometimes gripe about the early days of Magic: the Gathering having sexualized depictions of women, but nobody told Melissa Benson to make the art for Fire Elemental a hot babe, she did that cause she wanted to.
No shit. Don't need you telling me that.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Like I said before in the gaming new thread, this is dumb on both sides. Skullgirls was never meant for kids. The target audience were always late teens and 20 something guys. Now the game did attract a large female fan base, due to a large and diverse cast of women. Most of the gamer girls either didn't mind the sexualization or had no problem embracing it. Also, last I checked, the guys that resemble Nazi are bad guy! Imagine that!

That explains so much. I have not forgotten that Lab Zero doesn't exist anymore, and it still sucks. I get trying to update or modernize things, but this was completely pointless. As for the people review bombing, you have a right to be upset to an extent, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone or several people take it too far or the responses get worse.

As I sad before, let's pray that this doesn't happen. All it takes is one or several assholes to make things worse or go way too far on simping for 2D girls.
I think the dumbest part about this that turns me against the developers is they changed the assets in the separate artbook too. All the concept art and stuff.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What if you couldn't find a guy to be mad at so you made them up
Councidentally, supreme court has issued its opinion on that case. It went as expected.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States