Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
So he has a breeding kink that he's covering up as concern for the future?
He thinks civilisation will collapse if people don't have more children. I wonder whether he means globally, or just the West / white people and there's a bit of "great replacement" theory going on.

I believe nearly all his children were conceived via IVF, too. And I can understand many women not wanting to have sex with Elon Musk.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
He thinks civilisation will collapse if people don't have more children. I wonder whether he means globally, or just the West / white people and there's a bit of "great replacement" theory going on.
I've discussed with conservatives who are big on natalism (as per tradition : god asked us to multiply 2500 years ago, a nation's strength is measured by how many people can go clobber the neighbours and how much land they can spread over), and when pointed out the malthusian absurdity of it, they do answer with "we'll soon colonize other planets anyway" (spoiler : no).

It's neither specific nor new.

(But yes, it also went with "foreigners make too many children" and implicitely "we urgently need more whites".)

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Do any crimes you want, enact any deadly policies you want, encourage as much reactionary terrorism from your voters as you want. But don't, I repeat, do not chonking swearsies!

Apparently Canada is wokest country, and woke is therefore not officially broke?

Screenshot_20230706-204723.png

We need to get hold of a wokeometer some point soon to make sense of all this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Apparently Canada is wokest country, and woke is therefore not officially broke?

View attachment 9155

But hear me out: Have we really tried giving all the money to the rich and letting them decide who deserves it?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
But hear me out: Have we really tried giving all the money to the rich and letting them decide who deserves it?
I think the closest to that we got was Aristocratic France. And that ended with lots of rich people being beheaded in the street. But I mean, if they want to tempt fate again I won't stop them.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Do any crimes you want, enact any deadly policies you want, encourage as much reactionary terrorism from your voters as you want. But don't, I repeat, do not chonking swearsies!

View attachment 9155

I find it darkly amusing Canada can be considered the "wokest" country when they have stuff like forced sterilization of indigenous women on their hands.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've discussed with conservatives who are big on natalism (as per tradition : god asked us to multiply 2500 years ago, a nation's strength is measured by how many people can go clobber the neighbours and how much land they can spread over), and when pointed out the malthusian absurdity of it, they do answer with "we'll soon colonize other planets anyway" (spoiler : no).
Better let in lots of immigrants then, why go to the trouble of having kids yourself if you can import them?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I find it darkly amusing Canada can be considered the "wokest" country when they have stuff like forced sterilization of indigenous women on their hands.
Imagine the wokestorm generated if they actually issue an apology for past authoritarian abuses.
Apologies are woke kryptonite to conservatives.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
West is a fucking idiot. That's health hazard and a building violation. Do you want people to suffocate and die? Because, if that's the case, then killer plan! Who let this fucking whackjob build a school? I did not know, though for a good reason: because I grew beyond tied of his shit years ago.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
West is a fucking idiot. That's health hazard and a building violation. Do you want people to suffocate and die? Because, if that's the case, then killer plan! Who let this fucking whackjob build a school? I did not know, though for a good reason: because I grew beyond tied of his shit years ago.
Remember when the most controversial thing this guy did was interrupting Taylor Swift's speech at the VMAs?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Remember when the most controversial thing this guy did was interrupting Taylor Swift's speech at the VMAs?
Yes, and that's what got me to say "fuck him!", and not deal with West any more. I was already tired of his multiple rants and speeches before than, and the VMAs was the final straw. Keep in mind, while I am not a fan of Swift's music, I don't hate her as a person. I will say it was nice when Beyoncé cheered up Swift immediately afterward.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, and that's what got me to say "fuck him!", and not deal with West any more. I was already tired of his multiple rants and speeches before than, and the VMAs was the final straw. Keep in mind, while I am not a fan of Swift's music, I don't hate her as a person. I will say it was nice when Beyoncé cheered up Swift immediately afterward.
Out of interest, did you follow the Matt Healy drama? Cause I like her music, but will not be buying any of her stuff in the foreseeable future.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Out of interest, did you follow the Matt Healy drama? Cause I like her music, but will not be buying any of her stuff in the foreseeable future.
No. I don't even know who that is. Going by your tone though, I take it that she's an ass.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
No. I don't even know who that is. Going by your tone though, I take it that she's an ass.
To summarise, she broke up with her long term boyfriend and immediately started dating Matt Healy, who is a long time friend and apparently deeply terrible person. She lost a lot of fans and respect almost over night, there were what appear to be desperate attempts at damage control after a big backlash, and when that didn't work, they broke up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To summarise, she broke up with her long term boyfriend and immediately started dating Matt Healy, who is a long time friend and apparently deeply terrible person. She lost a lot of fans and respect almost over night, there were what appear to be desperate attempts at damage control after a big backlash, and when that didn't work, they broke up.
Just to clear the confusion, you are talking about Taylor Swift right? Because I never knew about her relationship drama with this guy. A lot of celebrity gossip I stopped following around the mid to late 2000s and early 2010s.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Just to clear the confusion, you are talking about Taylor Swift right? Because I never knew about her relationship drama with this guy. A lot of celebrity gossip I stopped following around the mid to late 2000s and early 2010s.
I am yes. Her drama just happened a few weeks ago, and didn't last. Normally I'd not be too concerned with celebrity drama, only she's big and politically influential.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am yes. Her drama just happened a few weeks ago, and didn't last. Normally I'd not be too concerned with celebrity drama, only she's big and politically influential.
Now I am a little curious though. When did Taylor Swift start getting involved with politics? You don't have to give too much details, if you don't want.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Now I am a little curious though. When did Taylor Swift start getting involved with politics? You don't have to give too much details, if you don't want.
Erm, I'd really have to research this to go into any great depth, I'm no expert. But when I say that she's politically influential, I mean that in the celebrity sense that she's big and famous and has a huge platform. She's made a few statements and written open letters on some issues. which were widely publicised.

Cynically, one could say she only started this once a number of her fans started wondering why she was keeping quiet (which was a deliberate decision, she didn't want to alienate rightwingers), when lots of others in her position were not. She even had a big neo-nazi following she neglected to denounce. It's also been pointed out that in the past she had been quick to bring up feminism when she was being unfairly criticised for her lifestyle or relationship, but otherwise didn't tend to bring it up. But it started a bit after Trump got elected. She started being vocally progressive, but got a lot of acclaim for fairly minor stuff.

Now, I'm not privy to her innermost thoughts and feelings, maybe she wanted to keep her mouth shut and get on with her job and nobody's perfect. But it's also quite plausible that she decided that becoming (somewhat) political would be good for her career, that it's tokenism. No idea.