Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Seriously, could we just end this thing with a thunderdome "two men enter, no man leaves" scenario ?
Too much effort. I say captive bolt to the frontal lobe, leave the corpses where they lie.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Someone invent a timemachine to make sure Musk gets an invitation to go see the Titanic.
You know, I'd not be surprised if he believed his awesomeness would stop the iceberg impact from damaging it, though also not be surprised if he didn't feel like putting it to the test for some reason.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
You know, I'd not be surprised if he believed his awesomeness would stop the iceberg impact from damaging it, though also not be surprised if he didn't feel like putting it to the test for some reason.
Sending the guy over a hundred years back would take way too much flux capacitor energy, just 3 to 4 weeks would be plenty to get him on the Titan submersible.

I'm sure he'd gel well with Rush and his entrepreneurial stance.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
From the swiss national news :

In french. An article on how the twitter blue labels were presented as guaranteeing reliability, and are now freely used for disinformation ("hitler was right", "diversity is white genocide", "transsexuals are pedophiles", etc), all while serious sources desert the media by refusing to pay for the label. The AFP tried to question Twitter and received the automated response to all demands on that matter : a turd emoji.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
HAHAHAHAHAHA, he wants an actual Glass Onion, on the companies' dime no less.
Yes, it's a fascinating gambit.

Musk claims not to own a home, and inasmuchas he has one, it's a small $50,000 rental. However, this is bullshit because he actually lives in a friend's mansion. It's certainly an exciting gambit to build some sort of luxury housing for himself with the claim that it's a grace and favour home for the Tesla CEO, which just so happens to be him. (I'm sure at some juncture if he ever wanted to step down as Tesla CEO, at the flick of a coroprate pen it could be retooled as the grace and favour company home for its "founder".) On the other hand, Tesla is a public company, and it's far from guaranteed he'd get away with flashing out that kind of money for that purpose without a huge legal challenge.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Go ahead and try to convince me that this isn't Musk just paying people to like him.
Paying people to like him has been Musks entire MO his entire life. That's how he was able to cultivate this legend as a super smart gamer nerd who likes the things you like, so he must be cool. He bought his way into nerdom and it took 20 years for the star-eyed neckbeards to realize he's a fucking idiot.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Yeah Musk bought into his own bullshit that he's some great businessman, despite his success coming from Government subsidies and not paying taxes. If the US government wasn't funding Tesla, it'd have collapsed years ago.
He saddled it with ridiculous debt when he took it over that has a billion interest per year. Which means he demands basically that twitter earns that additional billion per year until he calls it "breaking even".

That is never going to happen.

As dor the payouts, that is 5 million. That is only 500 people getting 10000 each which is the ballpark of the mentioned examples. It is basically nothing considering the large number of contributors. A select few get some money and he hopes that will make all the others compete for getting noticed. Oh, and you have to pay twitter blue just to be considered at all.
It is a marketing gag to attract/retain creators, nothing more.

Last edited: