General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I just- Why the fuck would y- That doesn't even- ugh, it's gonna be one of those undeserved hits, isn't it?
Let the bitches have their baby bottles. This means nothing to me and I will never $70+ for it. I already have the true survival horror games, and there are plenty from the indie and AA circuit more interesting than some tired, edge lord, revenge plot where the majority of the cast are self-righteous shit heads.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
So capcom launched something this week.

A hero shooter, except full price. So you might be thinking its back to the good old day where you just pay once and got everything? NOPE, there's apparently in game store, battlepass, loot box, all stuff expected from F2P game, except you have to pay to get access to it. Oh and it doesn't look that good (not bad, but not going to set the world on fire). I don't understand who though this was a good idea and really don't see how this could possibly succeed.
Japan is gonna Japan, if they want to die like that and let China and Korea take over their dead carcass be my guest. En Taro Mihoyo! En Arudin Phil Fish!

Also the devs who made Rapelay is finally shutting down after years of failing games. Marking the end of an era, hentai loving weebs in tears as the games are likely to become lost media.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Holy shit, this looks dark. Featuring Batman who laughs AND Superman who laughs? This might be the next big DC game hit since Arkham series. I can't wa-
DC: Dark Legion is a mobile action strategy game developed by FunPlus. The game features an original story set in a version of the DC universe where twisted Super-Villain The Batman Who Laughs has attacked the Earth and its heroes under mysterious circumstances. Players embody an agent from the 31st century to stop this threat with the help of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villians. Users will build their own base, level up their superpowers and equipment, and lead a squad of their favorite characters against the darkness. DC: Dark Legion is launching on iOS and Android in 2024.
Oh Goddamn it!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Japan is gonna Japan, if they want to die like that and let China and Korea take over their dead carcass be my guest. En Taro Mihoyo! En Arudin Phil Fish!
Capcom is not going any where. They almost died, but learned not to act like too much of a bunch of shit heads and give the people what they actually want. Worst case scenario for Exoprimal, it's a minor speed bump, if it does not do well. Capcom still has RE, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter (6 is doing excellent btw, and with no signs of stopping), DMC, and so on. Sega and Square ain't going anywhere either. They all know where their markets lie, which is why most of them divert their attention towards the Western gaming market. But at the same time, remember their Japanese roots, and to not be afraid nor ashamed of them.

Also, this isn't a case of "Japan is gonna Japan". It's simple greed. Nothing more, and nothing less. The Western AAA is just as guilty or worse in many regards.

FYI, Phil is an egotistical douche who couldn't handle the criticism he dished out, and left the industry in a biatch fit. Someone who shames others just for liking video games from a country not their own, has no place in the gaming industry to begin with. Everyone as a whole is better off without him or people of that exact same mind set. Don't bother with a witty response or "counterpoint"; spoilers: I won't be listening to the bullshit.

Holy shit, this looks dark. Featuring Batman who laughs AND Superman who laughs? This might be the next big DC game hit since Arkham series. I can't wa-

Oh Goddamn it!
Thank you for saving me 30 seconds of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sega, it ain't that hard. The console was a 2D powerhouse. Have most of them be 2D games with your Virtua Fighter 2 and Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga thrown in there for good measure.

Sega, we don't need that much Sonic. We got enough already. How about you use those resources to bring back your older IPs you have not used in decades? We don't need more Sonic Remakes nor Reboots? WTF, you even need to reboot for at this point?

Uh oh.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sega, it ain't that hard. The console was a 2D powerhouse. Have most of them be 2D games with your Virtua Fighter 2 and Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga thrown in there for good measure.

Sega, we don't need that much Sonic. We got enough already. How about you use those resources to bring back your older IPs you have not used in decades? We don't need more Sonic Remakes nor Reboots? WTF, you even need to reboot for at this point?
Why is Sega so dead-set on sabotaging itself? Every success is followed by a Herculean effort to ruin it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why is Sega so dead-set on sabotaging itself? Every success is followed by a Herculean effort to ruin it.
Sega Saturn is meant to be for 2D and not 3D gaming? Let's fuck up by hiring the lead marketing guy from Sony US division that got fired by the Japanese division, because he wanted 3D games only.

Can't decide if 32X or Saturn is next-gen? Let's kill off both consoles early in the West and burn whatever good will remained with 3rd party game makers and publishers. Leading to the Dreamcast's early end, despite Sega pulling all the stops to make the best console they can.

Make a great Sonic game? Mess it up by changing up the formula for no reason, other than for the sake of "innovation" in the next game or several other games.

Hire Sonic fan game makers to make an excellent throwback Sonic game? Cool, now fire their asses for making the game too good and better than most of your mainline output from the past decade. Killer plan. Now they're making their own game and getting additional recognition, because you acted like jealous assholes!

Make a Sega Mini 2? Except that those in the West don't get the additional Sega CD games, or are replaced with some of the lamer ones, because they're "iconic", and Sega's too lazy to bother translating them. Even the Japanese got short changed, despite getting more Sega CD games.

They never fucking learn!

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I have no faith that the Fable reboot can possibly be good. We have heard nothing but rocky development coming out of that studio.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I would absolutely hate to work for a company that vote on everything, especially layoff! It sucks but layoff are necessary part of every company, and sometime some very sympathetic people are just terrible at their job and have to be replaced. There was a Kino Journey (the good one, not the bad one) about a country that vote on everything that was pretty good representation of the obvious pitfall.
Upvote for mentioning Kino's Journey.

Reactions: meiam

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

I'm sorry, all I hear is "Waahh, their game is better received than ours! It's no fair! Boo-hoo!"

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

I'm sorry, all I hear is "Waahh, their game is better received than ours! It's no fair! Boo-hoo!"
I don't really get what their point is... "Game that are made by experience studio, when given enough time and money, have good chance of turning out good" is... not exactly some sort of incredible insight. It's also kinda awkward since the game isn't even out yet, it could very well turn out to be a train wreck.

Yeah I guess it suck that small indie team can't match them, but that's always been the case. Indie can't set themselves apart with resource so they have to do it trough creativity, its a pretty ruthless world but its not like the public has some sort of obligation to buy crappy game just to support the dev.

I also don't think Larian studio is that amazing, divinity 1 was nothing special and divinity 2 was good but with serious drawback (ridiculous number inflation). Overall I wouldn't say they're any more special than any other studio thats done top down RPG in the last couple of year (obsidian, the pathfinder and so on).