Funny events in anti-woke world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No I fucking wasn't you demented moron.
It's a real thing, being attributed to progressive culture, by a rightwing mob that has many of its own members engaging in the very thing they are screaming and working themselves into a murderous frenzy about.
So you're saying ritual Jewish blood sacrifices do happen?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So you're saying ritual Jewish blood sacrifices do happen?
No, I'm saying fascist propaganda is a simple process that takes a universally agreed 'bad thing' that is then used to suggest a certain group is doing, so its target audience should hate and eradicate that group.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, I'm saying fascist propaganda is a simple process that takes a universally agreed 'bad thing' that is then used to suggest a certain group is doing, so its target audience should hate and eradicate that group.
But this film isn't saying some woke group is doing it.....................................it's criminal gangs doing it. I'm really starting to think you're just ignorantly ranting about the film while knowing little to nothing of the plot or content of it lol

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The Greta getting Tate arrested thing.
I mean, beefing with an international celebrity and flagrantly exposing yourself on a massive scale when the law enforcement of the country you're in is trying to look the other way doesn't help. I fully believe the Romanian police were willing to let Tate get away with it as long as he only stuck to Influencer level exposure

Reactions: Cicada 5

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
But this film isn't saying some woke group is doing it.....................................it's criminal gangs doing it. I'm really starting to think you're just ignorantly ranting about the film while knowing little to nothing of the plot or content of it lol
Criminal gangs snatching kids are not even remotely close to the main source of trafficking. This is the same dude that thought Wayfair was shipping kids across the world in furniture boxes

Reactions: Cicada 5

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Are these actual pedophiles or people who have an issue with self-aggrandizing propaganda and sensationalizing of a serious topic?
Don't you know actual pedophiles have no qualms outing themselves just so they can criticize a movie? And wait, you mean to say the Catholic Church is against Sound of Freedom? I'd figure they'd be on this shit faster than you can say 'choir boy'.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Don't you know actual pedophiles have no qualms outing themselves just so they can criticize a movie? And wait, you mean to say the Catholic Church is against Sound of Freedom? I'd figure they'd be on this shit faster than you can say 'choir boy'.
Have you not seen the "MAPS" on twitter?

They really don't have an issue lol

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I know the synopsis of the movie, it's a straight forward good guy versus bad guys story, with some potentially exploitative content which makes it a little questionable, but can be interpreted in good faith given the nature of the issue it's highlighting.

What CANNOT be interpreted in good faith is your pretending ignorance of the context around the movie, its funding, release and target audience, and your typically inane strawmanning "oh so you think child trafficking is okay then?" vomit. That is the only thing I'm ranting about.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know the synopsis of the movie, it's a straight forward good guy versus bad guys story, with some potentially exploitative content which makes it a little questionable, but can be interpreted in good faith given the nature of the issue it's highlighting.

What CANNOT be interpreted in good faith is your pretending ignorance of the context around the movie, its funding, release and target audience, and your typically inane strawmanning "oh so you think child trafficking is okay then?" vomit. That is the only thing I'm ranting about.
Remember, this our other resident goal poster and thread/topic derailer. Nothing should surprise you.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I will say this right now if you live where it's 120 degrees or even 110 degrees now. You need to leave. It will only get worse. If the A/C breaks in the future you will die. There is a reason I support the free flow of migration because the alternative is genocide.

I am dead serious. This is not a laughing matter, I don't think the world will solve climate change or keep it at 2 degrees Celsius, even as we speak Trump is neck, and neck with Biden.

Reactions: Absent

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I am dead serious. This is not a laughing matter, I don't think the world will solve climate change or keep it at 2 degrees Celsius, even as we speak Trump is neck, and neck with Biden.
Is not Biden also about neck and neck with Trump in not doing anything about the problem? Not a defense of Trump, a condemnation of Biden.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Puff : E-cigarettes for kids (11-15 years old). Disposable (plastic + lithium waste, 90 tonnes of lithium so far).

Capitalism in a nutshell. Conservative priority for profit, fuck public health, fuck the planet, fuck wokism, yayyy, my heroes.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I will say this right now if you live where it's 120 degrees or even 110 degrees now. You need to leave. It will only get worse. If the A/C breaks in the future you will die. There is a reason I support the free flow of migration because the alternative is genocide.
It's going to be very interesting to see in what way public perception on immigration in Europe might change when people from the south will start to leave in droves to the cooler northern areas. Many europeans (the south included) having the opinion that immigrants from third-world countries just up and leave like it's nothing simply to get some money and steal jobs, as if leaving your home and country behind is something people just do on a whim and not because of dire circumstances.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's going to be very interesting to see in what way public perception on immigration in Europe might change when people from the south will start to leave in droves to the cooler northern areas. Many europeans (the south included) having the opinion that immigrants from third-world countries just up and leave like it's nothing simply to get some money and steal jobs, as if leaving your home and country behind is something people just do on a whim and not because of dire circumstances.
Eh, I'd imagine there won't be a big change, when We do it it's genuine, when They do it it's due to being lazy and unemployed and stealing all the jobs.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
It's going to be very interesting to see in what way public perception on immigration in Europe might change
Not sure what you mean. Change from what to what ? North Europeans have always loathed South Europeans when the latter moved to the North (and also when they themselves go settle in the South for their retirement, without caring to learn the local language). Xenophobia against Portuguese, Italians, etc, has always been violent, following the same cycle of detesting the "new" wave of migration.

The creation of the EU and the Schengen space has built a lethal wall around Europe, and technically facilitated movements within the EU, but hasn't changed judgements, discourses and perceptions. Assholes have stayed assholes (and nationalists keep resenting this facilitation).

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean, beefing with an international celebrity and flagrantly exposing yourself on a massive scale when the law enforcement of the country you're in is trying to look the other way doesn't help. I fully believe the Romanian police were willing to let Tate get away with it as long as he only stuck to Influencer level exposure
Just to be clear. There was an investigation and was wrapping up as Greta wrote the tweet. The Greta thing was unrelated, law enforcement knew exactly where he was...

But you might like to know that the EU law enforcement organization that arrested Tate has the initials of GRETA

(Or it might have been GRTA, I think it was Dutch or German so I can't remember or pronounce the name)

This is separate from Romanian police thing as corruption is legal again in Romania

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Except it's a fucking film. It's not Kony 2012 and Invisible Children. It's amazing just how many sham charities the woke lot happily threw money at but suddenly this one they have an issue with? and it's not even the charity it's a film vaguely connected to it lol.

To paraphrase Dara O'Brian "Have you looked at the adult literature section recently, it's all books like "Daddy No" and "Touched but not by an angel" and these are the things getting praise and lorded as must read books" so I put it to you why can't film have some stuff like this?

I brought up Captain America because I literally have seem people on about how MCU films should be supported and this film boycotted claiming they have saved more children......... no really.
I've criticized the people who got control of BLM on here. Also, Bill Gates. 1619 project. The New Deal. Great Society. Michael Moore and Bowling for Columbine

Do you know why you're saying 'Suddenly its the one they have an issue with?' It's got nothing to do with it being 'suddenly'. It's just that you might agree with my other criticism so you don't have to get yourself work up and angry over it. No one fights me over those criticism because 'woke' people like me don't defend undefeatable positions like this

Supporting OUR is just identity politics.

Regarding books and quotes, I want to introduce you to a new concept. It's called advertising. You can easily sell the most crap book on the planet if you just pay for the advertising. All those quotes you claim are being said... those quotes were bought. I do not know if a book has ever been published without some quote saying that it must be read. All movies are 'unmissable' or 'unforgettable' when most can easily be missed and forgotten. The best part about streaming is the reduction of endless ads on Free to Air TV that said you had to watch this show in an hour because it is world shattering. And it will always be crap. It's that natural and prevalent part of Capitalism

OUR has destroyed innocent lives and trafficked children despite preponing to be for getting rid of sex trafficking. I don't know if the MCU has saved any lives but it's already way ahead. By default. I don't see the MCU as a paragon of holiness etc. It's just vapid politics run by a megacorp. Like, I can understand it's bad.. but not sex trafficking bad

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States