General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I'm sorry, all I hear is "Waahh, their game is better received than ours! It's no fair! Boo-hoo!"
Imagine making and releasing a game, and then NOT having to post an apology on twitter.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
What he's with all these Mobile gaming announcements? There seems to be more than usual. Any of these properties don't even need a mobile adaption. Just make a regular good game.
The answer is easy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They kinda suck alone, need a group of friend to be goof ball while playing.
Even as a group, I don't see too many of my social circle playing aside from my older brother. He usually goes solo, but will co-op with me, if I asked.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
What he's with all these Mobile gaming announcements? There seems to be more than usual. Any of these properties don't even need a mobile adaption. Just make a regular good game.
Like Arkham Knights and Bamco arena brawler #58255? Yeah better curb your enthusiasm Invincible could get a good game.

And once again, alt right snarls heard in the distance, people speaking the god honest truth being nailed to stakes to be burned with downvotes. Don't you just love news about a game having to censor their games because of Sony being "puritan"?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Once again, the trailer click baits me into checking out a fucking mobile game.
It's utterly meaningless since this is just an ad, but I was surprised at how good the cell shaded 3D animation looked. Kinda had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

I did stick around until the end though, just to see how horrible the actual game looks. Yup, indeed horrible.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Could this signal the beginning of the end of Blizzard's Battle.net app?

At least this is one thing that we can probably thank Microsoft for.

But honestly, this seems like a little tiny thing, but it really opens a lot of opportunities. Frankly, I often forget about my Battle.net library (and everything in it) because Steam really is the PC's one-stop-shop for my PC library, and everything that I own outside of Steam, just kind of fades away into the abyss that is my memory. Putting Blizzard's games on Steam gives them a brand-new spotlight.

And secondly: Steam Deck. Sure, you can probably fenangle the Steam Deck to allow you to install Battle.net, but this is just going to make the whole process so much easier.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

But honestly, this seems like a little tiny thing, but it really opens a lot of opportunities. Frankly, I often forget about my Battle.net library (and everything in it) because Steam really is the PC's one-stop-shop for my PC library, and everything that I own outside of Steam, just kind of fades away into the abyss that is my memory. Putting Blizzard's games on Steam gives them a brand-new spotlight.

And secondly: Steam Deck. Sure, you can probably fenangle the Steam Deck to allow you to install Battle.net, but this is just going to make the whole process so much easier.
this reeks of "Nobody is playing this shit on our launcher! Move it to Steam and get players who want trading cards!" To me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

And of course, the first game they bring is a f2p game that no one really wants. Hopefully people can party-up between Battlenet and Steam, or better yet link the accounts so battlenet users can access their games on Steam. I would love to play Diablo 2 or 4 with my friends on steam

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Why cant you do that now?
Because they either don't have battlenet account or don't have the games. For either case, they want the games to be bought and installed from a uniform platform, usually steam. Kinda with them on that one.

If Diablo 2 or 4 comes to steam, I am 90% sure they will get it. Especially this one guy who is absolutely in love with looter games

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Because they either don't have battlenet account or don't have the games. For either case, they want the games to be bought and installed from a uniform platform, usually steam. Kinda with them on that one.
That never made a lick of sense to me. I wish I could go to McDonalds to get sushi, but alas I have to go different places to get different things. Crazy.