Funny events in anti-woke world

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How many degrees of separation between "if a rape victim has an abortion she's a murderer" and "if I shoot a black man knocking on my door I'm a hero"? Not many, I imagine.
As few as between "stop abortion, life is sacred" and "reinstate capital punishment, they don't deserve to live".
Throw these ass hats in a Jigsaw style trap that involves working together, and they would screw over each other in an instant.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
As few as between "stop abortion, life is sacred" and "reinstate capital punishment, they don't deserve to live".
And they neither see nor care about the juxtaposition. They're small people who need power to feel big- and what greater power is there than to get to decide who lives and who dies?

Meanwhile, Fox News doubles down on "slavery was great for slaves" by pointing out making shit up about "being useful saved Jewish lives in concentration camps".

As I don't live in a world absent of history and context the way Tstorm does, I can see just where this is intended to lead: "It's okay that these bad things happened to those people, because it made them better, which they needed because they're lesser than us!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Meanwhile, Fox News doubles down on "slavery was great for slaves" by pointing out making shit up about "being useful saved Jewish lives in concentration camps".
As an aside, one can imagine what happened those who made themselves useful to the Nazis once the camps were liberated.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Not sure where to actually post this, but he's Mitch McConnell either shitting himself on live TV, or doing a full system reboot because he forgot to check when his Turtle software was set to update.
Real talk though, this is clear mental trauma from his concussion early this year. The dude isn't there anymore. The lights are on, but no one is home.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007

Not sure where to actually post this, but he's Mitch McConnell either shitting himself on live TV, or doing a full system reboot because he forgot to check when his Turtle software was set to update.
Real talk though, this is clear mental trauma from his concussion early this year. The dude isn't there anymore. The lights are on, but no one is home.
Ethics.exe attempted to load and caused a system crash.

Seriously, he's over eighty, and trying to walk the balance beam with all the bullshit his party is getting up to is probably causing apocalyptic levels of stress for him.

(EDIT: And I completely forgot about the concussion. That would be a serious problem for someone half his age.)

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

High stakes political positions being hoarded by all these geriatrics is just poor managemen at best. The big monies are afraid of young blood, they'll prop up these tired souls till the bitter fucking end as long as official positions can be of tactical use while being free of potential progressive threat. Instead we should be releasing these aging people into a fresh spring meadow for them to live out the rest of their lives in peace while the rest of us try to fix what's left of all this shit unhindered.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
High stakes political positions being hoarded by all these geriatrics is just poor managemen at best. The big monies are afraid of young blood, they'll prop up these tired souls till the bitter fucking end as long as official positions can be of tactical use while being free of potential progressive threat. Instead we should be releasing these aging people into some kinda a fresh spring meadow for them to live out the rest of their lives in peace while the rest of us try to fix what's left of all this shit unhindered.
It is kinda' cruel. I said this when that old biddy Ruth Batter Ginsberg was still alive. She wasn't on the supreme court, her staff manager was. I saw her speak in interviews, and she could barely string two words together before falling asleep. And bullshit on those fluff pieces saying she did a hundred pushups a day. Bite me Ruth, you should have retired 8 years ago. But no. Stubbornness and fear of aging.
So too with McConnell. I don't like him, and in his prime he was the worst thing to happen to US politics for 30 years. But clearly someone else in in charge, and drawing a nice paycheck so long Mitch gets his banana pudding and a disinterested hand-job from the intern this week. They don't know what they're saying, they haven't read a bill in 10 years, let alone write one. Their staff does it all and they're just propping up these still living corpses, Weekend at Bernie's style.
Grotesque that this dude clearly had a stroke or a seizure or soiled himself, and his staff are "get him cleaned up, we have a fund raiser tonight and its an open bar!"

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Vivek Ramaswamy in a nutshell
  • Do poll tests on high school students
  • Possibly invade Mexico to create another Iraq War at best, and another Ukraine War at worst
  • Thinks climate change is good for the globe
  • He thinks ESG is forcing insurance companies like State Farm not to insure Florida AND California.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
As I don't live in a world absent of history and context the way Tstorm does, I can see just where this is intended to lead: "It's okay that these bad things happened to those people, because it made them better, which they needed because they're lesser than us!"
Ah yes, the 'hard times create hard men' that the Right loves to spout. Funny how it's always douchebags who live in total luxery that say this shit. The way they talk about it you'd think being enslaved gave you super powers.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
It is kinda' cruel. I said this when that old biddy Ruth Batter Ginsberg was still alive. She wasn't on the supreme court, her staff manager was. I saw her speak in interviews, and she could barely string two words together before falling asleep.
I find this is sad to watch.

Even for politicians who were odious twerps for much of their lives, it's mostly just tragic watching confused, frail geriatics stumble around whilst trying to cling on. Although contextually I've spent the last year and a bit helping take care of two elderly relatives with dementia, perhaps I'd be a little less sympathetic otherwise.

You're possibly right they end up as vehicles for their office staff, who would have to go find another job, potentially a lot less glamorous. If the person can't summon up the wherewithal to resign themselves, their loved ones need to convince them to step down, and if not that then their colleagues or even electorate need to shuffle them gently out of the door with the appropriate platitudes for their time in service.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Republcians release their "We're just utterly evil and will do evil things vote for us if you want evil to win and make the world an evil place to live" plan.

A coalition of conservative groups has assembled a plan to systematically target most of the federal government’s work on climate and clean energy.
It proposes a sweeping deconstruction of government programs that goes far beyond what former President Donald Trump attempted to do by targeting “deep state” employees in federal agencies. And it’s designed to be implemented on the first day of a Republican presidency.
Called Project 2025, it would block the expansion of the electrical grid for wind and solar energy; slash funding for the EPA environmental justice office; shutter the Energy Department’s renewable energy offices; prevent states from adopting California’s electric car standards; and give Republican state officials more power to regulate polluting industries.

It was written by hundreds of conservative policy experts, energy lobbyists, industry consultants and former Trump administration officials. If enacted, it could decimate the federal government’s climate work, stymie the clean energy transition and shift agencies toward servicing and nurturing the fossil fuel industry rather than regulating it.
“Project 2025 is not a white paper. We are not tinkering at the edges. We are writing a battle plan, and we are marshaling our forces,” said Paul Dans, director of Project 2025 at the Heritage Foundation. “Never before has the whole conservative movement banded together to systematically prepare to take power day one and deconstruct the administrative state.”

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Republcians release their "We're just utterly evil and will do evil things vote for us if you want evil to win and make the world an evil place to live" plan.

One of the many plans the Captain Planet villains came up with was setting up a factory to produce fully functional refrigerators, then cut them in half to release freon into the atmosphere.

I apologize to the writers for thinking that was unrealistic

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
At one level, I could understand destroying the Federal government's ability to regulate the states, thus leaving the states and free market to do as they please. I'm not sure I recommend all of that, as energy seems to me something that really requires at least some national planning, regulation and oversight, but I can get it theoretically.

However, going the other way and using the federal government to actively stymie renewables, electric cars and so on is regressive and deranged. It seems about 50% sheer vindictiveness and 50% shovelling money into the pockets of fossil fuel shareholders irrespective of any health, economic and environmental considerations.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
However, going the other way and using the federal government to actively stymie renewables, electric cars and so on is regressive and deranged. It seems about 50% sheer vindictiveness and 50% shovelling money into the pockets of fossil fuel shareholders irrespective of any health, economic and environmental considerations.
We've had a Republican on the national stage claim that Democrats are pushing electric cars to "emasculate" Americans. I think we're at 65/35 vindictiveness at this point.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
We've had a Republican on the national stage claim that Democrats are pushing electric cars to "emasculate" Americans. I think we're at 65/35 vindictiveness at this point.
Once again, I once saw a fitness influencer say that plant based diets are a deep state conspiracy to feminised men. The male ego is a fragile, fragile thing.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Fun fact : till now it was a bit foggy and uncertain, I just understood right now how much ecofeminists have a point.