What are you currently playing?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dead Space Remake - Chapter 2 Completed. The game is starting to really open up now. Zero Gravity controls in Remake kills the original. I completed an easy side mission as well. I will start Chapter 3 later on.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Getting close to the end of Ratchet and Clank a rift in time. Its been quite good, but still has those weird difficulty spikes, where most of the game is pretty easy but certain encounters are rather brutal. Weapons are fun, characters are fun, writing it fun. Its still overpriced for an older game, but it is a rather solid release in a year with some iffy pc versions. Have seen a few graphical errors caused by RTX but other then 2 crashes in 16 hours its been very stable.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm a good 40 hours or so into Persona 5 Royale. I played the base game back when it was released, but quit due to primarily the "shocking" twist/betrayal as the game caught up to the in media res, and once I was heavily annoyed by that the rest of the issues I had with the game suddenly started weighing everything down even more.

So far I'm still having fun, so we'll see. Just finished the Kaneshiro chapter, probably the weakest villain, both narratively and gameplay wise. The way the red ponytail girl gets spliced into the old narrative kinda sticks out though, there no real organic presence to her.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Started my umbrella run on Death's Door and it's kind of funny how much I was enjoying it. I think part of it is just the delight of a simple straightforward video game experience of being a cute character running around, attacking, dodging, memorizing enemy attack patterns, solving simple environment puzzles. It's like going back and listening to my favorite music from high school.

Reactions: gorfias

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Continuing to play Overwatch 2, and really enjoying my time with it.

After about 50 or so games over the last few days, I have only played one or two as a Damage character, because the queue times are so long, and queuing for any role tends to out you in either Tank or Support. Which is fine, because tanks are really fun and effective in this game, and I also really enjoy healing.

I've played quite a bit of Zenyatta in the past, who continues to be a really enjoyable and effective character, but I have also dabbled a bit with Kiriko, who is one of the new OW2 characters, and brings with her quite a bit of extra mobility, and a really effective ultimate.

On the tank side of things, im really liking D.Va who can really easily chase down low-health enemies, and I played a bit of Orisa last night, who is really fun with her spear.

Otherwise, OW2 is coming to Steam on the 10th, so im really excited to try this out on the Steam Deck. I tried playing on the Switch, but the 30FPS feels awful, and the controller isn't exactly ideal for an FPS game.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
For the hell of it I started a new Bloodborne character focused on Bloodtinge. Not sure how far I’ll play but I will say the game reminded me of its difficulty curve. Those trash mobs in Yharnam are the strongest of any FROM game lol. You really have to pick your battles and bait them with the Threaded Cane, because its normal attacks aren’t as eviscerating as the Saw Cleaver, and the modified is soooo slow that I’m yet to find much good use for it.

The game also feels…idk, kinda sluggish and stiff these days in terms of general movement; something I don’t think was nearly as noticeable in even DS3 let alone Sekiro or ER. Some of the geometry of stuff scattered about the more narrow confines also impedes evasion tactics, which got me killed repeatedly. It isn’t helped by the close camera proximity that makes it difficult to see what’s behind. It means you really have to take the play space into account before attacking any groups.

That atmosphere and sound design though is still a good as ever.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Near the end of Shovel Knight.

So far my biggest criticism has been the magic relics. There're way too many, having to cycle through them is annoying and it's way too easy to accidentally use them by pushing up + attack. They also trivialize the hell of any boss fight. Between the Troupple Chalice and Phase Locket you can fully heal at any point and spam cheap invulnerability for basically the entirety of the fight. Sometimes the Locket's ability to freeze you in midair when you activate it is even more useful than the invulnerability itself.

I think the game also loses something once you've bought everything it has to offer (which isn't a WHOLE lot), since there's no more tension in getting your money back from your death spot anymore.

Great game though, these two are just nitpicks.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Near the end of Shovel Knight.

So far my biggest criticism has been the magic relics. There're way too many, having to cycle through them is annoying and it's way too easy to accidentally use them by pushing up + attack. They also trivialize the hell of any boss fight. Between the Troupple Chalice and Phase Locket you can fully heal at any point and spam cheap invulnerability for basically the entirety of the fight. Sometimes the Locket's ability to freeze you in midair when you activate it is even more useful than the invulnerability itself.

I think the game also loses something once you've bought everything it has to offer (which isn't a WHOLE lot), since there's no more tension in getting your money back from your death spot anymore.

Great game though, these two are just nitpicks.
Just wait till you get to some of the other campaigns. The Plague Knights is the weakest, he's got fun moves and characters, but the stages are pretty much just the same ones from the main game with a few differences. The other two really mix it up though.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Just wait till you get to some of the other campaigns. The Plague Knights is the weakest, he's got fun moves and characters, but the stages are pretty much just the same ones from the main game with a few differences. The other two really mix it up though.
Specter and King get new levels at least?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Specter and King get new levels at least?
Yeah, they have new levels, different mechanics, etc etc. Plague Knight was released before they really went all out with the extra campaigns. On one hand I really like how Plague plays and the story with him, but doing the same levels and I think boss fights just gets tedious.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Double Dragon Gaiden - I am learning more about how the combat works, the gameplay has been much smoother. I did path where the Triangle Gang is the last stage, and surprisingly, the end boss version of the Pharaoh guy ain't too bad. I was able to do a 1CC run for the first time with Billy and Jimmy. I didn't bother with the true final boss time; not in the mood, even with the high cash amount I earned. Pro Tip: You want to give both of them the upgraded running attack and dive attack (especially Billy). Those upgrades are overpowered, even at just one upgrade. Though upgrades are random each playthrough, though from what I've seen, the running attack upgrade comes up at least once or twice per section. When you do an upgraded running attack, you can enemies into each other, and stage hazards. Similar to Viewtiful Joe's Rock-On Combos. You can even chain cancel into running attacks with the twins, and finish off with a special KO when the set up is right, multiple times. I still have to try some of the boss characters later.

I know my opinion as fluctuated somewhat, but I am still enjoying the game overall, yet it needs some ironing out for certain bosses. Also, I changed my mind on how certain platforming or environmental hazards work for certain stages, depending on the order of the stage. It didn't change that much, but they can get annoying, if you're doing the Okoda Clan last or next-to-last. The game itself is addicting and fun. I've heard some players complain about the stage hazards the late versions of the Triangle Gang, but honestly they barely gave me any trouble beforehand, nor on my recent run.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Yeah, they have new levels, different mechanics, etc etc. Plague Knight was released before they really went all out with the extra campaigns. On one hand I really like how Plague plays and the story with him, but doing the same levels and I think boss fights just gets tedious.
I thought it was completely worth it due to the story, I didn't mind replaying the levels. Hmm, I should probably replay the game now that the last campaign is out.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I thought it was completely worth it due to the story, I didn't mind replaying the levels. Hmm, I should probably replay the game now that the last campaign is out.
My main problem with it is that I tend to play it right after doing the Shovel Knight campaign so its the same levels over.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dead Space Remake - Chapter 3 Completed. I finally got Ripper-chan! The flamethrower too! Look ma, I'm Macready! Flamethrower is so much better here, than in the remake!

I did a little bit of Chapter 4, and killed The Brute on the first try.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Just finished Persona 4 Golden, this time getting the True Ending. Last time, I thought I got the true ending, and didn't find out otherwise until after I'd saved over the slot for a new game plus.

Yeah, it's a great game, but definitely ready to move on to something else. Think I'll play Midnight Sons next.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Jumping around some putting my new rig through its paces.
Went to jump back into Witcher 2, which I apparently haven't played in Steam since 2018. And then Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
They came out about 3 years apart. I'm thinking they must have really optimized 3 as it looks much better than 2 while having a higher FPS.

My old saves for 2 are gone. Just as well. I got stuck/ran into a glitch that made me stop playing before. Starting over.

3 continues where I last played on my last PC but I was totally lost. I followed a witch into her cabin and I thought we'd have a big fight but she just disappeared. So I've gone to a town and will find something else to do.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Genshin Impact just aired its Version 4.0 livestream, heading to the 18th-century France-inspired region of Fontaine to continue the main story. And I, for one, could not be more ready for it. Everything they showed off just made me more and more excited for the day (the 16th), between the ability to dive and swim underwater, new characters, the new direction of the story, and oh my god the music.

Even if you have no interest in the game, and I'm not telling you you should play it (you probably shouldn't), watch the timestamped part of the video and listen to this music.

Hopefully I'll still have enough time in between exploring Fontaine to do some more of World Tour and finish my placement matches in Street Fighter 6.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dead Space Remake - Chapters 4 and 5 are done, and got the Contact Beam and Line Gun in that order. I upgraded my suit to level 3 too. When I get back to playing, I'll do some side quests.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hi Fi Rush is so much ridiculously better with a controller. Which I guess I should have known... Not gonna lie, I'm still button mashing 56% of the time, but I'm getting addicted to pulling off the three dodge combo. And it's so necessary that they included it, because Chai's regular walking speed is hella slow.

I will say though I don't really appreciate the platforming sections. I've died like 10 times falling to my death, not once to an enemy. They're not complicated enough to for me to get any satisfaction from completing them, and yet finnicky enough that I keep dying. Reminds me quite a lot of Jedi Fallen Order.

Anyway, just really glad the game is clicking for me now. I've been pretty disappointed with my Game Pass experience until now.