Reactions: Cicada 5

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

That's a handsome collection of buzzwords. Translation: it'll be Battlefield, but with more EA bullshit

That would be neat. I've heard it's pretty good.
Well TBF, they did talk plenty about really changing the direction the series will take. Hopefully none of that live-service bs of 2042.

But we'll probably see them follow whatever trend by that time, trying to milk the player base as much as possible.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Remember the good old days when video games were blamed for school shootings lol
I don't know who in the UK has it out for nintendo. It's not Nintendo's fault, that they're gaming consoles is a international success. You have no one to blame but yourselves, UK government and economy.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If it was Square-Enix, we'd be hearing about how they all "failed to meet expectations".

Man, Kojima must have just the worst back pains
From the small amount I've played of it, Death Stranding seemed to be most deeply about human connections (not as if it was terribly subtle about it), so I guess I get why the pandemic would've been transformative to his vision.

Thirsty horndogs? In my gaming culture?!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If it was Square-Enix, we'd be hearing about how they all "failed to meet expectations".
Capcom was guilty of this too back during the latter half of 7th generation, and some of 8th generation. RE7 sold "below expectations" back in 2017. Because it didn't make nowhere near the amount of RE6, even though RE7 sold real good. Keep in mind, I don't care much for it. The game did sell much worse in Japan, as most Japanese players didn't care for Ethan. Funny enough, they started warming up to him a little with RE8. Though I still don't care much for Ethan, and glad they're moving to someone else completely different for RE9.

Thirsty horndogs? In my gaming culture?!
Gaming culture was never the same/innocent again when many kid/teenage boys, and some girls, saw the Chun-Li shower in SFII: The Animated Movie.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
The hilarious part about this bit of news is that Anita got basically everything she wanted from the gaming sphere and gaming is...fine?

I mean gaming is fucked in a lot of ways, particularly AAA gaming, but not in any particular way her criticism was talking about.

Course, it might help that our keyboard warriors are way more bark than bite, unlike Project Moon's latest kerfluffle where a batch of incels dressed as a villain group from one of their games raided the office because a gatcha character had the audacity to be drawn in a skin tight wetsuit instead of a bikini.
I don't think they can even bite, they are more or less making whiny whimpering that can shut off by good moderation. Corporations are good at that shit when they put some effort in.

And if you aren't a fratbro tosser or @CriticalGaming who think of her influence in the industry as the devil. You are fine, if not I look forward to more gnashing and wailing

Blessed be KonradLeijon

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think they can even bite, they are more or less making whiny whimpering that can shut off by good moderation. Corporations are good at that shit when they put some effort in.

And if you aren't a fratbro tosser or @CriticalGaming who think of her influence in the industry as the devil. You are fine, if not I look forward to more gnashing and wailing

Blessed be KonradLeijon

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Nah, just calling you out for what you are and anyone who likes your post a dogwhistler. Sarkeesian was necessary for the illiterate masses of dudebro culture that is clear to have remnants here celebrating FF shutting down.

Blessed be KonradLeijon

Last edited: