Funny events in anti-woke world

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Never going to Florida if I can help it.
I can understand. I even largely diminished my time on The Escapist forum, because it starts stinking too much of incel-ish alt-right proto-fascists and religious fanatical twats, and I can't be arsed to argue on whether beaten women had it coming, whether homosexuals are human beings, or whether covid/global warming is a hoax. Too many repugnant Trump/DeSantis worshippers even here. So yeah, not sure I'd enjoy my time immensely in Florida either.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
No, this guy is nobody. They crowdfunded $5,000,000 (intended to be repaid with 20% extra if the movie succeeded) to get it in theaters, as the movie was already completed and had been dropped amidst some movie company buyouts of some sort.

This isn't someone involved in production, this isn't someone who had a creative say or knows anyone actually involved in the film, this is just someone who went online and gave money to a crowdfunding site.
-

In a since-deleted Facebook post, Marta appears to state that he and his family are in the film’s credits under “special thanks.” While the extent of his involvement in the film and the amount he donated have not been made public, he has referred to himself as an “angel investor” and “financial partner” on the film.

Angel Studios released a statement today clarifying its crowdfunding practices. In a release shared with Decider, Neal Harmon, CEO of Angel Studios, said, “Angel Studios adhered to the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations in allowing 6,678 people to invest an average of $501 each into the launch of Sound of Freedom. Just as anyone can invest in the stock market, everyone who meets the legal criteria can invest in Angel Studios projects. One of the perks of investing was the ability to be listed in the credits.”

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I guess they needed something else to whine about besides April's race change and her not being "sexy enough".
Isn't she like the only pretty looking human in the movie though? I've seen shots of other human characters and they look like freakazoids.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Some meta-analysis of anti-woke world.
-
Rather than being seen as passive victims to an irresistible force, psychiatrist Robert Lifton argues that there is “voluntary self-surrender” in one’s entrance into a cult. Further, the decision to give up control as part of the cult process may actually be part of the reason why people join.

Research and experience tell us that those who are “cult vulnerable” may have a sense of confusion or separation from society or seek the same sort of highly controlled environment that was part of their childhood.

It has also been suggested that those who are at risk for cult membership feel an enormous lack of control in the face of uncertainty (i.e., economic, occupational, academic, social, familial) and will gravitate more towards a cult as their distress increases.

I would argue that many of these factors are at play when we see the ongoing support of Trumpism and MAGA “theology.”

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Isn't she like the only pretty looking human in the movie though? I've seen shots of other human characters and they look like freakazoids.
It's a specific artstyle they're going for, though I forget it's name.

But yeah, everybody else looks like Invader Zim characters

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

The primary reason why there is confusion about Splinter being gay in TMNT: Mutant Mayhem stems from Paramount's marketing mistake. In the lead-up to the movie, they released individual posters for each of the movie's characters, including Scumbug. While every poster included the TMNT: Mutant Mayhem voice actor behind the animated character, Scumbug's poster said the cockroach was played by "Himself."

So yeh wasn't just randomly made up it's based on people reading the marketing material

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So to be clear out of thousands of backers of the film because it was funded by crowdfunding, some-one online determine to try and guilt by association people who support the film went through thousands of backers names looking them up to find them online then searching round for any dirt on them and the best they got was this.

Which isn't even a full representation of the it

Marta is a landlord to a woman who was involved in a custody dispute with her aunt. Marta was allegedly providing living arrangements to said woman and her child, the former who is involved in rehabbing the rental property.
So dude was helping provide a place to live for a woman and her child while said woman was in a custody dispute with her aunt

So yeh, super messed up of the woke side because

1) Super sketchy and creepy they went though 6600 backers names, googling each and finding where they live then looking round for dirt on them/
2) Putting out highly misrepresentative claims about the circumstances of it / being deliberately vague to try and play guilt by association.
3) Running round with this claim uncritically.

Well done to the woke side for proving who the pyscho weirdos who will uncritically spread misrepresentative or outright false news, hint a mirror will help you see who it is.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Well Trump is a piece of shit, so I can't think of a more appropriate place for them.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
So to be clear out of thousands of backers of the film because it was funded by crowdfunding, some-one online determine to try and guilt by association people who support the film went through thousands of backers names looking them up to find them online then searching round for any dirt on them and the best they got was this.

Which isn't even a full representation of the it

So dude was helping provide a place to live for a woman and her child while said woman was in a custody dispute with her aunt

So yeh, super messed up of the woke side because

1) Super sketchy and creepy they went though 6600 backers names, googling each and finding where they live then looking round for dirt on them/
2) Putting out highly misrepresentative claims about the circumstances of it / being deliberately vague to try and play guilt by association.
3) Running round with this claim uncritically.

Well done to the woke side for proving who the pyscho weirdos who will uncritically spread misrepresentative or outright false news, hint a mirror will help you see who it is.
I hope you have such righteous indignation the next time some moron holds up a pizza restaurant looking for children in captivity that don't exist. The anti-woke side loves using guilt by association themselves. Turnabout is fair play and that's assuming this guy is actually innocent. To say nothing of the other nutcases directly involved in this film.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Oh, so they were just being homophobic because they were confused. Great.
No, people are fed up of "The Message" at this point and the preachers of it who insist upon making it part of pieces of media or taking existing characters and changing them to fit it.

Quick question, in TMNT which character in cannon (not counting the comics) has been in a relationship before?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No, people are fed up of "The Message" at this point and the preachers of it who insist upon making it part of pieces of media or taking existing characters and changing them to fit it.
Nice try.

The simple reality is that bigots hate the representation of the types of people they hate in media. The rest is hot air to pretend there's some other reason going on in their heads.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I hope you have such righteous indignation the next time some moron holds up a pizza restaurant looking for children in captivity that don't exist. The anti-woke side loves using guilt by association themselves. Turnabout is fair play and that's assuming this guy is actually innocent. To say nothing of the other nutcases directly involved in this film.
1 nut job who ended up hurting no-one.

Vs a ton of people on twitter, journalists and people on forums just like this one spreading the same incomplete claims round potentially harming a court case?

Funny how turnabout is only fair play according to you when you do it. But hey let me return the favour and ask this.

Why do so many people siding with the modern woke lot keep turning out to be child abusers?

Epstein?
How about Sarah Nyberg which people rallied round before?
The guy who went by Peter Bright aKa Dr Pizza on twitter (yeh literally mocking the Pizzagate thing only he turned out the be soliciting children online)
Shane Vader?
Anthony White?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Yeah, because if there's one thing the TMNT franchise isn't known for, it's changing changing characters for newer audiences. That's why Splinter is always a normal rat who was mutated and wants to avenge his master's murder at the hands of the Shredder.

It's always funny what you guys think is or isn't some kind of agenda.

Quick question, in TMNT which character in cannon (not counting the comics) has been in a relationship before?
Is this a joke?

Besides April/Casey you also have Raph/Mona Lisa in at least two incarnations. The 2012 show gave Mikey two love interests.