Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Shh.... Can you hear?

Acti-Blizz is grinding its teeth, seething mad,

Ubisoft is quietly crying in the corner,

Bethesda is plugging its ears going "lalalala, can't hear you" because they are in denial,

Obsidian and Insomniac are in awe, completely shocked and unable to move,

and Bioware has no response, because a dead man can't speak

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
How about we don't listen to LegacyKilla? I am.just.lucky my ads kept me from adding his videos to my recommended feed. He is a peddler of fake outrage and clickbait, also someone dogwhistled again

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
How about we don't listen to LegacyKilla? I am.just.lucky my ads kept me from adding his videos to my recommended feed. He is a peddler of fake outrage and clickbait, also someone dogwhistled again
Fair enough, but you can’t deny all these devs are baffled by BG3’s success. Especially considering how some of them called it an anomaly and “shouldn’t be the standard for the industry”

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
I mean it is ultimately an nostalgic title getting the kind of love and development a nostalgic title deserves by a dev who has experience making this kind of game. They don't really step on the shoes of any competing brands except for maybe BioWare.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fair enough, but you can’t deny all these devs are baffled by BG3’s success. Especially considering how some of them called it an anomaly and “shouldn’t be the standard for the industry”
I couldn't give a rat's ass about LegacyKilla's dumb ass, but I am happy a lot of these major developers and publishers are crying and acting like babies, because a smaller developer team upshotted them and showed how a true game is made and stays on goodwill with their customers and fan base.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

We all knew this was gonna happen. I didn't expect this soon though. Kinda feels like the timeframe between announcement and release is getting shorter for COD series. I do have to wonder if they'll pull another "No Russian" stunt? It would be bold, but you know it's gonna get crazier than 2009 fiasco

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

We all knew this was gonna happen. I didn't expect this soon though. Kinda feels like the timeframe between announcement and release is getting shorter for COD series. I do have to wonder if they'll pull another "No Russian" stunt? It would be bold, but you know it's gonna get crazier than 2009 fiasco
I have a friend who works for Infinity Ward and he and the staff there are very upset, because MW was supposed to be theirs to finish. But Activision basically rushed the project to another studio and forced IF to help them once most of the work was done on MW2.

Fuck Activision

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have a friend who works for Infinity Ward and he and the staff there are very upset, because MW was supposed to be theirs to finish. But Activision basically rushed the project to another studio and forced IF to help them once most of the work was done on MW2.

Fuck Activision
It doesn't matter, if you are developer or play tester Activision, you will be treated like shit. Unless you're in a high enough position, but even that can't save certain employees there some of the time.

I'm not even going to look at the trailer. Everybody can have fun with the crappy and worst version of an already good game.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
It doesn't matter, if you are developer or play tester Activision, you will be treated like shit. Unless you're in a high enough position, but even that can't save certain employees there some of the time.

I'm not even going to look at the trailer. Everybody can have fun with the crappy and worst version of an already good game.
To save you the time; Not much is shown, just a voice over w/ color palette going from green to red.

You know, just to show how different this one is from the original MW3, and how serious the game should be taken! /s

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Damn, i guess it’s a half-granted wish for some people

On one hand, hooray for having a port for somewhat modern consoles. I have a PS3 and Xbox copy and can't play either without emulation at this point because my PS3 is bricked and my Xbox 360 is on strike.

OTOH, it's hard to shake the feeling this is gonna be $50 for a bare bones port. Especially after the GTA remaster trilogy fiasco.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
On one hand, hooray for having a port for somewhat modern consoles. I have a PS3 and Xbox copy and can't play either without emulation at this point because my PS3 is bricked and my Xbox 360 is on strike.

OTOH, it's hard to shake the feeling this is gonna be $50 for a bare bones port. Especially after the GTA remaster trilogy fiasco.
While we should all wait to be proven wrong, I'm convinced it's also capped at 30 fps. Understandable for Switch, but on ps4 or ps5 via backward compatibility? WTF

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

That's a handsome collection of buzzwords. Translation: it'll be Battlefield, but with more EA bullshit

That would be neat. I've heard it's pretty good.
Sounds like "Strand Gaming" again.

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
I couldn't give a rat's ass about LegacyKilla's dumb ass, but I am happy a lot of these major developers and publishers are crying and acting like babies, because a smaller developer team upshotted them and showed how a true game is made and stays on goodwill with their customers and fan base.
No one in the AAA industry is crying like babies or laying dead face down with a bottle full of pills, brawlman. Stop huffing the hopeful fumes. Just because a game recaptured the same warm fuzzy feelings of a time long past doesn't mean the whole industry will change for the better. Believe me, Blue Archive gave the same vibes as BG3 did except for anime 15 years ago.