Funny events in anti-woke world

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
. Heck, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a black April O' Neil and it didn't set off the reactionaries, but Mutant Mayhem comes along and suddenly it's like a bomb went off.
Selective outrage from know-nothing-assholes with nothing better to do with their lives. The fact that none of themsaid or cried about April in Rise, shows that fools are just picking easy targets , while being loud and proud about it. I posted a video back in May I believe, and RazorFist was one of the first bitches to be whining about April being black, and how "Hollywood needs to stop changing our women's races!". Even though April started out as a bi-racial woman in the comics, and had her race changed to white in most adaption. She's been a white Burnette, a crimson red head, a orange red head teenager that is half alien (but since she looks "white", it doesn't count for these fuckers), and a black teenager with purple hair. F

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Try that in a small town!

Not sure what the best bit is: the hat toss, the dude swimming across, or the dude going WWE with the chair.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Hawki

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Also, the US got beaten by Sweden. Who might possibly be considered not quite as anti-woke as the US.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
We keep getting in trouble for 'cancelling' those people. Particularly from you personally
No you keep getting in trouble for jumping at mere allegations with no evidence.

See Alec Holowka and Johnny Depp.

I assume that means you think that they should still keep their jobs and not to criticise them
Standards of evidence man, also the ones who ended up in jail pretty sure they can't really keep working said jobs in the jail lol

Anyway, the bar is way lower than that. The bar is at: not supporting these people, as Cicada stated. Those people you listed have been ostracized and are only supported by their sycophants. What we are talking about is people supporting Trump et al becuase they are right wing. They never supported Trump for his policies. They supported him because he did crimes (before he was even president) that they agreed with. And they will continue to do so no what crimes they do.
Except many haven't. You know Devin Faraci got promoted after the allegations came out? The only reason he vanished in the end wasn't lack of support it was the fact none of the women on the staff would agree to carry on working until he was removed from staff.

The crimes are what the right wing like
I'd argue it comes down to what the crime is or was.

Edit: Let me remind you of a recent events of you defending the company and person who is the subject of the Road to Freedom. You defended the crimes because it was associated with a movie. You could have defend the message of the movie and stated that you are against the company and the person. But you didn't. You defended them instead. How about you sort out your own trash? (I actually don't want you to do that. I want law enforcement to do their jobs and deal with them.)
I defended the crimes because it's fucking stupid to be facing charges for child kidnapping for giving a woman and her child a place to stay just because the woman is in a custody battle with her Aunt. That's like being accused of stealing because you changed some-ones £10 for 2 x £5 notes but they happened to have stolen the £10 earlier in the day.

So yeh I'll happily defend the person in that case because it's the level of stupid of those cases of men who were being accused of molestation or sexual abuse for performing CPR.

I'm not going to condemn a person for trying to be a good Samaritan only to have it turned on them.

So yeh no need to sort my own trash, because in this case the accusation the person is trash seems based on highly misrepresented information. You know what we generally wait for? Trials or evidence for the cases. Not merely the claim it happened.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No you keep getting in trouble for jumping at mere allegations with no evidence.

Standards of evidence man, also the ones who ended up in jail pretty sure they can't really keep working said jobs in the jail lol

Except many haven't. You know Devin Faraci got promoted after the allegations came out? The only reason he vanished in the end wasn't lack of support it was the fact none of the women on the staff would agree to carry on working until he was removed from staff.

I'd argue it comes down to what the crime is or was.

I defended the crimes because it's fucking stupid to be facing charges for child kidnapping for giving a woman and her child a place to stay just because the woman is in a custody battle with her Aunt. That's like being accused of stealing because you changed some-ones £10 for 2 x £5 notes but they happened to have stolen the £10 earlier in the day.

So yeh I'll happily defend the person in that case because it's the level of stupid of those cases of men who were being accused of molestation or sexual abuse for performing CPR.

I'm not going to condemn a person for trying to be a good Samaritan only to have it turned on them.

So yeh no need to sort my own trash, because in this case the accusation the person is trash seems based on highly misrepresented information. You know what we generally wait for? Trials or evidence for the cases. Not merely the claim it happened.
Man, you gotta stop proving my point

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Man, you gotta stop proving my point
Man you gotta actually start reading what I said.

Ongoing case vs random accusations of social media with no real substantive evidence and not the same thing.

You're pushing the "He was arrested for Child Kidnap" because I've only seen 1 source out of many actually do more than report just that bit and that one source tried to get more information and so contacted the guys lawyer who provided additional information regarding the case.

But the hilarity is when it's say Hasan Piker accused of it then it's rapidly buried.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

This has to be the umpteenth time you've invoked Alec Holowka without acknowledging that his coworkers attested to some deeply concerning behaviour.

From now on, I'll just post Scott Benson's account whenever you try to exploit the mental illness and suffering of others for Internet points.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

See... Johnny Depp.
Just to be clear here, Johnny Depp lost a defamation suit in the UK involving about 10-15 instances of domestic abuse. The evidence was thus sufficient enough for a civil court, and notably a court under UK law which is unusually friendly to the claimant.

There is thus perfectly good reason to believe Depp was violent to his ex-wife, irrespective of Heard's own misconduct and their relationship being a shitshow.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This has to be the umpteenth time you've invoked Alec Holowka without acknowledging that his coworkers attested to some deeply concerning behaviour.

From now on, I'll just post Scott Benson's account whenever you try to exploit the mental illness and suffering of others for Internet points.

No this is the umpteeth time I've pointed out back to this claim that his co-workers saw concerning behaviour because he was mentally ill which it's disgusting to see used to stigmatise some-one as an abuser.

I love that you're trying to excuse the fucking witch hunt launched against him based on the false claims of a known liar. Because that couldn't possibly have been a big factor in him taking his own life. No clearly being thrown under the bus by people he thought were friends and having social media as a whole calling him a monster the world no longer wanted was something he should have been fucking thankful for according to you people. It was caused by your lot thinking you had a righteous crusade protecting the poor abused women............. again..........

For all the fucking claims about groups being dangerous it's ironic the side claiming to be the righteous one seems to have been a big contributing factor to a persons death and disgusting to see how little people are willing to take accountability and instead are trying to pull the "Oh we did nothing wrong it was just cause he was mentally ill" bullshit to try and pretend it's inevitable.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Just to be clear here, Johnny Depp lost a defamation suit in the UK involving about 10-15 instances of domestic abuse. The evidence was thus sufficient enough for a civil court, and notably a court under UK law which is unusually friendly to the claimant.

There is thus perfectly good reason to believe Depp was violent to his ex-wife, irrespective of Heard's own misconduct and their relationship being a shitshow.
Just to also be clear, the defamation lawsuit was against a newspaper in the UK under the standard of professional due diligence and the standard was not truth but based on the evidence that could reasonably be expected to be available to the reporter at the time. Thus Johnny Depp's evidence was essentially thrown out as it couldn't be expected to be available for the journalist to easily access.

Johnny Depp then won a defamation lawsuit in the US vs Amber Heard which the US has a far higher standard for what constitutes defamation than the UK due to protections round free speech.

So no that case shouldn't be seen as support for Heard's claims because how the law works means the evidence Depp presented couldn't be considered in the UK case as the reporter couldn't be expected to know said details.

Now it's public keeping supporting the claims on said basis is kind of insane because the UK was saying before this information was public a reasonable person could be seen as not out of touch supporting heard. With the US verdict it's saying that a regular person supporting her claims now is deluded and not a reasonable person.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No this is the umpteeth time I've pointed out back to this claim that his co-workers saw concerning behaviour because he was mentally ill which it's disgusting to see used to stigmatise some-one as an abuser.
Benson's account directly details deeply concerning, quasi-abusive behaviours. Are you telling me that if someone is mentally ill, then acts abusively towards others, it automatically becomes non-abusive? Even if those close to them end up suffering from fucking PTSD?

What absolute horseshit. You don't care a single iota. You just want to exploit it for rocks to throw in your culture war fuckery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Hey Trump, your old ass can't play any sports for shit. So how about you sit and down shut up?

I didn't see the game (I was at a Detroit Tiger's game yesterday), but I know you did your best ladies. There's always next time and don't let this fuck nut ruin things for you.
Would you simp as hard if you saw the match? Like, the reason why Trump's rant is predictable is because he already ranted about Megan Rapinoe before and she played embarrassingly bad in the match. Though it's the coach's fault for fielding her in the first place, but she's taking some deserved heat. Then again it's heat off the backs of the rest of the team.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Benson's account directly details deeply concerning, quasi-abusive behaviours. Are you telling me that if someone is mentally ill, then acts abusively towards others, it automatically becomes non-abusive? Even if those close to them end up suffering from fucking PTSD?

What absolute horseshit. You don't care a single iota. You just want to exploit it for rocks to throw in your culture war fuckery.
No I'm saying not being super polite to colleagues is very different to actual relationship abuse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Would you simp as hard if you saw the match? Like, the reason why Trump's rant is predictable is because he already ranted about Megan Rapinoe before and she played embarrassingly bad in the match. Though it's the coach's fault for fielding her in the first place, but she's taking some deserved heat. Then again it's heat off the backs of the rest of the team.
It's not about "simping". It's about treating these players and athletes as human beings. Not as objects to be tossed aside or soulless machines to always expect peak performance. I don't care how bad she or the rest played, Trump can't criticize for crap! He's a far major screw up across the entire United States and the world than any of those soccer players. Even if they did screw up, I'm not going to be that hard, so long as said persons or people don't act like complete jackasses. I don't know the coach, and I may not know the entire team, but they got nothing on the shit fest that is Trump and all his cronies.

Like I said at last time with the Tokyo Olympics: I see these people as humans. While it is important to criticize, you can't always expect them to be S rank, top of the line, all star players 24/7. These are people with lives, feelings, struggles, and their own personal journies like anyone else. You can criticize them all you want, but Trump can go fuck himself as always. For the record, I'm not making any excuses for whatever performances they did, but the ladies can always learn and be better. USA can't be number one all the time. Thankfully, a lot of US athletes learned that at the Tokyo Olympics. The US still got many golds, but we didn't get all them and that's fine by me. Even if we didn't get many, it wouldn't bother me. It was just wonderful seeing people from all walks of life and culture compete fair and square and be friendly about it. Be good sports. I have nothing left to say and that's my final word on the matter.

You wanna suck Trump's dick? Be my guest. I'll be over here jamming with Axel, Adam, and Blaze not giving a shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarrito3002