@KnightSlasher 1 month ago
He did the right thing recording, afterall the cameraman never dies

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

😂🤣😅😂🤣😂 yes yes YES

Venus. Lovely place. Much recommended. Won't burn melt crush and corrode you, at least not absolutely simultaneously. At least not if we're in charge. Trust us, we went to the Titanic and back.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

😂🤣😅😂🤣😂 yes yes YES

Venus. Lovely place. Much recommended. Won't burn melt crush and corrode you, at least not absolutely simultaneously. At least not if we're in charge. Trust us, we went to the Titanic and back.
:rolleyes:

OTOH, if people like that want to go to Venus and not come back, I'm all for it.

Also, 20 Million Miles To Earth was a good movie, early Ray Harryhausen special effects:

Reactions: gorfias and Absent

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

😂🤣😅😂🤣😂 yes yes YES

People keep floating (ha!) the notion of balloon habitats over Venus's atmosphere, as there's a zone where temperature and air pressure approach Earth norms. All I gotta say is: Hope they don't pop.

Also, 20 Million Miles To Earth was a good movie, early Ray Harryhausen special effects:

On the other hand, from someone who thought that Venus might be a high-gravity planet despite being 80% Earth's mass:

Reactions: Absent

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
People keep floating (ha!) the notion of balloon habitats over Venus's atmosphere, as there's a zone where temperature and air pressure approach Earth norms. All I gotta say is: Hope they don't pop.

On the other hand, from someone who thought that Venus might be a high-gravity planet despite being 80% Earth's mass:

Oh, I've also seen that one, IIRC, but can't remember what it was called.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Fun thing: I saw the characters at the bottom and pulled up Google Translate's camera function. I'd initially had it in Japanese, which yielded some interesting results. I've managed to get three translations out of that depending on the shot.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry"
"I don't know what to do"
"I don't know what I'm talking about"

Which is...too on the nose for me to think someone wasn't having a giggle.

Of course, when I took a closer look at the characters, I realized this was probably Korean, which has the much more reasonable "Challenge yourself to have a cool summer with Lotte Department Store" as its translation. Some quick google searching makes further sense of this banner with the implication that "*****" is supposed to be "Beach"

Reactions: gorfias
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

😂🤣😅😂🤣😂 yes yes YES

On that note -

Meanwhile back on planet Earth -

Last edited: