The “WTF?!” Thread

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Admit it: this has been all of us after a major party at one point...
View attachment 9235
The morning I found my cars keys in the fridge after driving about 30 miles the previous night from a bar in a town I was completely new to. Beer-a-ritas are not as much fun as they sound like they should be, especially when you manage to exceed the strict "2 per person" limit by twice (if not thrice) after flirting with the server.

Reactions: gorfias

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Unfortunately, vampire facial is a lot less sexy than you think. Report to horny jail.

Also, why would taking your own blood out of your body, spinning it around a bit, then reinject it intto your face do anything at all to improve your skin? Your circulatory system is already bringing platelet-rich blood to your face, all the fucking time. Except, you know, without potentially getting tainted from exposure to a non-sterile environment.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: gorfias and Absent

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Also wtf Travis King ?

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Also wtf Travis King ?
Okay, Jive Turkey now made a little contextual video about it. Clumsily edited as often (the guy is particularly bad at sound management) but it clarifies it all a bit. Not sure it immensely lowers the wtf aspect, though.

Also I keep hearing "private travesty king", which doesn't help much. 😶

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I drove by this accident scene after the fact yesterday AM on my way to work -

Never know the circumstances sometimes.

Also just got notified by Amazon about this -

Kid’s been using it off and on for about two years. At least it’s not damaged, which seems to be where the exposure would be. My question is why the fuck did they manufacture a fucking kid’s cup with lead at all?

“We are going to be as transparent and proactive as possible to resolve this ASAP,” the company said in the release. “We will take this opportunity to completely redesign our cups to make them even better.”

Idiots should’ve done that in the first place.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's...sigh...I hope most people are saying they do it as a joke, but then if enough do, someone will take it seriously.

If you want to be weird about bleaching agents...why not stockpile dry bleach, in case the government decides to spray your house with mustard gas and you need to decontaminate it? That's actually a thing you can do with bleach (wear protective clothes, start from upwind).

Or adding (tiny) amounts of bleach to drinking water will sterilise it, the CDC recommends that for emergencies. I'd not be game to do that myself...or to decontaminate places sprayed with mustard gas, though.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That's...sigh...I hope most people are saying they do it as a joke, but then if enough do, someone will take it seriously.

If you want to be weird about bleaching agents...why not stockpile dry bleach, in case the government decides to spray your house with mustard gas and you need to decontaminate it? That's actually a thing you can do with bleach (wear protective clothes, start from upwind).

Or adding (tiny) amounts of bleach to drinking water will sterilise it, the CDC recommends that for emergencies. I'd not be game to do that myself...or to decontaminate places sprayed with mustard gas, though.
Its a health influencer thing. Because of course it is.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Its a health influencer thing. Because of course it is.
I'm convinced the spread of misinformation and social media trends are simply nature's culling tools tailored to the modern era. We're medicinally smart enough that nature's biological weapons might not work against us (nice try, COVID,) but we're perfectly stupid enough to ingest toxic chemicals for the lolz.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I'm convinced the spread of misinformation and social media trends are simply nature's culling tools tailored to the modern era. We're medicinally smart enough that nature's biological weapons might not work against us (nice try, COVID,) but we're perfectly stupid enough to ingest toxic chemicals for the lolz.
Yeh, that's why I honestly don't really get bothered by this stuff anymore. It's just the circle of life. Take it away, Elton.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeh, that's why I honestly don't really get bothered by this stuff anymore. It's just the circle of life. Take it away, Elton.
There's truth in that, but some of the people taken in by such things raise children. Or, you know, used to raise children.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
There's truth in that, but some of the people taken in by such things raise children. Or, you know, used to raise children.
I just wish there was a safe place I could watch this shit-show from afar. As it stands, I'm forced to interact with these people pretty much on a daily basis.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Got a personal anecdote related to this and a certain pilled conspiritualily crazy in my family. Though probably already shared it here before, as the misinfo was gaining momentum a lot sometime last year within these concerning ecosystems of reality, and when kids are involved it's difficult to know what line exists where before knowing whether to inform authorities or not about it.