What are you currently playing?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm wondering if playing Watch Dogs 2 is worth overcoming my hatred of how dumb the protagonist looks (and from what I remember, sounds).

I didn't expect to be so bored with Gamepass so quickly, it's been like three games. Anyone got recommendations?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I didn't expect to be so bored with Gamepass so quickly, it's been like three games. Anyone got recommendations?
If Dead Space Remake is on GP, you can play that. Worth a play without GP. You play Hi-Fi Rush yet? Not sure if it is still on GP.

I did some more Dead Space Remake, NG+ Hard Mode. I actually did the side quest that nets you the Prototype Stasis Module. It's actually not that hard to find, provided you did some of the earlier side quests to activate it. So now you can actually freeze the Twitchers with stasis without hitting their weak spots, nor having to use a stasis canister. I think Chapter 9 is my personal favorite chapter. I'll try and complete the rest of the RIGs side quests before continuing in Chapter 10.

EDIT: As for WD2, that is up to you. While much better than the first game, you've probably already plated better sandbox games.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
You have nothing to apologize for. Acti-Blizz still fucked up, didn't deliver on a majority of their promises, and made things worse for everyone.
I mean specifically the fighting with another forum member. By my own admission, I didn't even want to, but I did it anyway. That's my fault, regardless of anything else.

But let me just append one other thing for @Hawki just to put a cap on this: can you not bring 'people said PVE was cancelled and doesn't exist in OW2' up again? Everything's been said on the subject that's gonna be, and I don't think anyone here, least of all the two of us (though I suppose I can only really speak for myself), wants to keep riding this zombie horse any longer.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean specifically the fighting with another forum member. By my own admission, I didn't even want to, but I did it anyway. That's my fault, regardless of anything else.

But let me just append one other thing for @Hawki just to put a cap on this: can you not bring 'people said PVE was cancelled and doesn't exist in OW2' up again? Everything's been said on the subject that's gonna be, and I don't think anyone here, least of all the two of us (though I suppose I can only really speak for myself), wants to keep riding this zombie horse any longer.
Fine then.

Did Rank 7 Boss fight, Vanishing Point Kimmy Love, I hate the lasers and they only get more annoying on harder difficulties. I unlocked Travis's extra dodge roll, which is a waste of an upgrade, as the regular dodge does more than enough. Also, the second dodge doesn't always respond correctly and makes me do a regular jump instead. Now to grind and unlock Travis's Million Stab move.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I'm wondering if playing Watch Dogs 2 is worth overcoming my hatred of how dumb the protagonist looks (and from what I remember, sounds).
Don't worry, you'll be too distracted by how dumb the protagonist is.

Seriously, the look is nothing, you can somewhat customize it. But the mentality... you'll want to slap them. It's all a band of "likeable cool misfits" hellbent on "do as we say not as we do" militantism. The hypocrisy is ridiculous - they fight the danger of hyperconnectivity abuse by abusing hyperconnectivity, they slaughter half the city to protect it, they play it all robin hood by robbing everyone to finance their robbing of everyone, they are just the worst presented as avant-garde enlightened resistants. It's as dumb as that other adventure game where you rob museums and sell formerly public artwork to private collectors in order to stick it to the man. Absolutely cringeworthy.

But the game is awesome. Watch Dogs is Ubisoft's best series, it's immensely satisfying to play, and the virtual version of San Francisco is a treat to visit. Watch Dogs 2 is one of my favorite games.

The protagonists are just unbearable. No way around that.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Anyway, it's been a while since I gave an on-topic update:

Old School Runescape: After spending a lot of time doing nothing but logging in, going on a farm run and logging out three or four times a day, I've finally gotten back to actually playing the game for real again, getting all of my combat stats up to 70, buying and earning some gear upgrades, and preparing to start the game's first 'Grandmaster' difficulty quest. Still doing three or four farm runs a day when I can, though. That Level 99 isn't going to earn itself.

Holocure: A new update was released last week that added a lot of new content to the game, including nine new playable characters from the Indonesian branch, two new stages (one of which I haven't unlocked yet), and a mode that lets you build a custom house, catch fish, farm vegetables and make food that boosts your next few runs. The base game was a lot of fun even in its early versions, and with all the new content it's better than ever; if you like Vampire Survivors, then it's worth checking Holocure out for its iterations on the formula even if you know nothing about VTubers.

Genshin Impact: As expected, I'm enjoying the new region, though I haven't yet built the new characters to the point where I can realistically take them for a spin.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

So yeah there is game behind the server queue for Wayfinder

(Also if it seems super-Fortnitey its because I was using the gun lol. I do also have daggers but they weren't built up enough for the boss)

Reasonably fun so far. Grindy, but it is an MMO thing.

I did send them a feedback ticket that way too many things (environmental, friend and foe alike) are in purple/pink/burgundy which gets visually quite confusing (I know Elder Scrolls Online let you customize the threat circles for instance)

Reactions: meiam

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
It's so weird - you ask me to stop engaging with you, I do, then you engage me immediately afterwards on the same subject.

But as to your request...no. It's a rediculous request, in part because it's rediculous to demand anyone stop talking about anything, especially on a subject like this, and especially on a forum like this. That by alone should be enough, but as to this specific request:

-The claims in question are still being made (bizzarely, even on videos that show the PVE being played). By your standard, anytime the subject comes up on this forum, I'd be forbidden from engaging with it.

-Even if everything was said on a subject (which is highly debateable - certainly there's no real way you could measure that), again, I don't see that as a basis for forbidding discussion of said subject. No-one is obliged to engage in a subject matter, nor is anyone obliged to avoid a subject matter.

-On a side note, you seem to have some kind of personal gripe with the statement in question. I don't partiularly care if you made such a statement or not at this point, because it's really missing the forest for the trees. To use an example, a user (who'll go unnamed) claimed in one discussion that all fantasy (as in, the genre) was eugenic. Being a writer of fantasy (among other things), I can't say I took kindly to the insinuation that I was a eugenicist, but it was silly to get worked up because there's no point taking things personally, unless it's specifically targeted.* So when I say "people stated PVE was cancelled" (which is a statement that's been made for months on end), I'm not personally referencing you (and never have in this thread), I'm stating a fact.

*Before anyone says anything, I know there's been a strain of thought in the Woke World thread that you can't separate ideology from adherents, so before you try a gotcha, bear in mind that I'm already familiar with this view.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I tried my first game of BF 2042.

Yeah, it does feel like CoD. I found myself surprised when I gunned down people a lot faster than I expected, only to run into a dude with some armor on who I left at 3 HP before he got me. It was nice that squadmates were reviving me though, and it did actually feel like people were playing the objective more than usual.

The atmosphere is just not there though. Running around the map feels like just that, running around a game world. I don't feel an ounce of immersion while playing.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Got up to the third "chapter" I guess, boss in Wayfinder. Bit more involved then the spider or the giant slime monster in between. Also I have yet to run across someone playing the tank that actually pulls aggro from me lol

Early access is early access, but it does feel like the other heroes/weapons could use a bit more intuitive ways to unlock (thus far I've gotten a couple of bits and they just seem to be in the generic pool as super rares, unlike obvious comparison Warframe where you could specifically target a mission to get something)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No More Heroes III - Still not a fan of fighting Omaha. The musical chairs part before it is hilarious with one of the best rap/r&b songs ever made in a video game.

Midori's fight afterward is better, but kind of underwhelming, because you have to fight in Travis's advanced mech suit. A boss fight that introduces it to you for the first time, and is basically his version of Devil Trigger. Except you can't heal, and you can still take damage and possibly die on harder difficulties. Whenever I get the 777, I usually hold on to it, then activate and pull both super moves on a weakened enemy or boss to end the fight faster.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well I've reached the point in Wayfinder where competent teams are sort of required.... or at least teams that arem't massively below the recommended level (I can tell because I barely hit it with my build at level 19 and the people trying to do the same quest/boss joining me are like... 11)

Thusly I decided to faff about with something other then a trusty rifle and tried out the daggers. It does have one odd quirk where the ability (not weapon) aiming changes completely as a result of swapping from ranged to melee. While this also featues a cool jumping throw for one ability, it seems to make both abilities have this tendency to just fly off in a quasi random direction for some reason unless hard locked on to an enemy (which is challenging in fights with some level of mob density)

Anyhow while I await them getting some stuff fixed up so my actual friends will/can play, just kind of pensively waiitng on Sea of Stars, and vaguely considrring Armored Core

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Final Fantasy 12.

And honestly this game's combat still holds up.

Its pretty much the ATB system of games like 7 and 9, but in real time. Like this game is no different from Xenoblade Chronicles really.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Well, I couldn't do it, I couldn't even beat the critical main quest in Everspace 2.
I did all the side stuff including the stupid races, I made it close to the end, and then the game hits me with a requirement to gather more freaking resources. By this point, traversing anywhere is met with swarms of enemies. With its crap save points and confusing environmental puzzles (the puzzles are simple, it's the environments that can give me a headache), and now I gotta find items that are either randomly dropped or I gotta deal with these annoying "puzzles?" F*** this s**t, I'm out.

It's been a while since I encountered a game I actually paid money for that didn't let me enjoy its actual good parts so hard I quit on the main story.

Now it's time to take a couple days gaming break to allow my gamer brain to reset for my most hyped game of the year in a couple days: Mech Souls!

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's not Mech Souls. Armored Core 6 is Virtua-On by way of Mech Warrior.
Look my brother.. I'm gonna be making a lot of bad jokes and puns and stupid references as I try to git gud at this game. Please bear with me lol
(I'm so excited for this)

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I am interested to get Armored Core 6, but I already have too many games on my list that I'm not playing and should be: Tears of the Kingdom, God of War 4, Yakuza 7, Dragon Quest 11, the actual content of Runescape, Elden Ring, Hi-Fi Rush, and finally gitting some of the gud at Street Fighter 6, to name a few. I'd feel bad putting yet another very long, very expensive game on top of that stack.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am interested to get Armored Core 6, but I already have too many games on my list that I'm not playing and should be: Tears of the Kingdom, God of War 4, Yakuza 7, Dragon Quest 11, the actual content of Runescape, Elden Ring, Hi-Fi Rush, and finally gitting some of the gud at Street Fighter 6, to name a few. I'd feel bad putting yet another very long, very expensive game on top of that stack.
Do what works for you. Though if you had to choose, I'd say Hi-Fi Rush, since you can get by kind of quick in 8-12 hours. I didn't realize you still haven't played God of War 4 yet. Funny enough, I traded it and Ragnarok for my AC6 pre-order.