BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As far as fighting game movies go, DOA is a 6/10. Surprisingly decent with many entertaining moments.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Tennocon Part 1

(they haven't uploaded the actual Warframe bit yet, so I'll just leave this here context free. Its not a whole new game though)
letsgetweird.png

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Huh, I have not paid attention with what's going on with Pokémon, but I did not expect a Nintendo game to go there. Not because Nintendo is somehow magical and beyond predatory practises, but because they're slow to adapt new ideas and have historically not been keen on integrating the Internet in their titles.

Then again, Splatoon 3 was a big success so perhaps it's my view of the company that ought to change.
How is the author of that article supposed to have been in on the franchise since it’s beginnings if he’s in in his late 20s in 2023?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
You know.. I was ready to mock the heck out of it because the snob I am, I turn my nose up at mobile gaming, but looks at this article praising the game:

It's free to play (yes yes I understand it's a money making gimmick for paid cosmetics and such, I know how the industry works, they're vulture and monsters etc).
But heck, I might try it, like on a trip or something.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Last year, this guy try to hype up Madden 23 as the greatest game ever made. He's back with Madden 24.

Well at least he's not screaming the whole time and cut down how much time he spends on opening packs. He's actually playing the game

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last year, this guy try to hype up Madden 23 as the greatest game ever made. He's back with Madden 24.

Well at least he's not screaming the whole time and cut down how much time he spends on opening packs. He's actually playing the game

Good for him. He can still go fuck himself, because I am never touching a Madden video.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yahtzee only briefly talked about the first Blasphemous so I'm glad he's giving this one a proper review. I haven't played the sequel yet but if it is anything like the first one it really lives or dies based on just how much you enjoy(or maybe I should say "Engage with" because enjoyment might be too strong a word for a world where everyone is drenched in self imposed guilt and suffering) the Surreal Fantasy Catholic Vibe the games ooze from every orifice, because mechanically they're nothing special you can't find in any other metriodvania.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I must be fully jaded because I watch this and just don't care anymore. Also, IIRC, isn't this a mobile game?
It is a mobile game.

I don't know why he felt the need to diss MK1 in the beginning. Cosmetic microtransactions aside, if you don't want to play it, nobody's going to stop you or hate you for it Yahtzee. You have more than admitted you don't like fighting games. Why even bother bringing it up? Unless you have plans on playing it, then you're better off not saying anything. Also, MK1 does look fun. I'm not invested, but I can tell when they're doing something right.

As for En Garde being too short, I don't see that as much of an issue. Sifu only has five stages, but they do have multiple paths & distinct level layouts. Sifu did cost slightly more at the time when it first came out. Otherwise, a fine double review.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I must be fully jaded because I watch this and just don't care anymore. Also, IIRC, isn't this a mobile game?
As a perhaps ironic aside, I gotta wonder if the name might be a low key nod to Jade Raymond, was a prominent figure behind the creation of this series?

Reactions: Dalisclock