Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
afterward I'm jumping to Armored Core 6
Same!
I'm watching SkillUp's review, Christ almighty, I can't fucking watch this gameplay. It hurts my eyes, literally.
I take it to you, this game is the FPS equivalent of Godfall. Immortals does have visual noise, but Godfall's is so much more worse. Though I don't blame you since the game hurts you eyes, and might give you a headache.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I hope this is the right thread for a review but I wanted to share SkillUp's thing on Immortals of Aveum. We don't have a dedicated thread for the game and I'm not gonna start one 'cause I don't personally care about it (fps ain't my thing)

Basically he's saying it's ok and pretty good if you're in the mood for a delightfully dumb shooter. A gamepass/discount type thing for those that like shooters with a twist.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I hope this is the right thread for a review but I wanted to share SkillUp's thing on Immortals of Aveum. We don't have a dedicated thread for the game and I'm not gonna start one 'cause I don't personally care about it (fps ain't my thing)

Basically he's saying it's ok and pretty good if you're in the mood for a delightfully dumb shooter. A gamepass/discount type thing for those that like shooters with a twist.
I mean, it seems sort of neat, but the big takeaway I got watching the review was that I could only pick out the different "guns" by actively focusing, and given how much seems to be going on, I don't want to be inspecting the screen to figure out what weapon or ability I'm about to use.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Some madlad got id Software's megatexture tech working on N64 hardware. Keep in mind, the N64 had a paltry 4KB texture cache. Goddamn witchcraft.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh hell yeah! Gw released a trailer for their next animation, the Pariah Nexus, too. So I guess Warhammer Wednesday actually caught on and its a thing now!
I am not Warhammer fan, and I am getting hyped from what I am seeing!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Space Marine 2 looks... like it will not be a hot mess on launch??? Praise the Emperor! Maybe I won't need to wait months after launch before trying it out.

Things I like:

1. The horde system looks fucking perfect. It seems like they just straight up copy and pasted it from World War Z, and that is perfectly fine for me. This might be one of the best representations of the Tyranids outside of the books, or maybe even including them.

2. Gore is gory, not in a silly way, but one that complements the overall look of the game.

3. I was worried about this one, but it looks like Space Marines aren't slow lumbering freight trucks. Their movements are not only excessive, but swift as well.

4. The improved melee and gunplay is everything I wanted the first game to be. Guns for the fodder, melee for the elites. That you can actually have a melee battle with the elite enemies is awesome, and I'm really liking how the parry and dodge look.

5. The environments, the character models, the whole art style, *chef's kiss*. The shot of nids running down the mountain looked amazing.

Things I didn't like:

1. I think the UI could be a lot more "Imperium". It's a little too clean for me, it really reminds you that you're playing/watching a video game.

2. Looks like your companions have health. If I need to worry about them dying and having to heal them...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

The article said:
at the end of the day, the majority of games that the Pokémon Company showed off were free-to-start with very predatory microtransactions. These games feel less like they want to provide an entertaining experience and more like they exist to create an ecosystem that sucks cash out of players. It’s a noticeable shift from where Pokémon was even a few years ago when Pokémon Go, for all its monumental success, was the only Pokémon mobile game in town. Now, there are multiple games waiting to get new players invested in them.
Huh, I have not paid attention with what's going on with Pokémon, but I did not expect a Nintendo game to go there. Not because Nintendo is somehow magical and beyond predatory practises, but because they're slow to adapt new ideas and have historically not been keen on integrating the Internet in their titles.

Then again, Splatoon 3 was a big success so perhaps it's my view of the company that ought to change.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Huh, I have not paid attention with what's going on with Pokémon, but I did not expect a Nintendo game to go there. Not because Nintendo is somehow magical and beyond predatory practises, but because they're slow to adapt new ideas and have historically not been keen on integrating the Internet in their titles.

Then again, Splatoon 3 was a big success so perhaps it's my view of the company that ought to change.
No, you are correct. Nintendo being archaic is a double-edged sword. It took them long enough to finally start using those bad practices. Not that Nintendo never had a bad practice before, but when they started adapting from Microsoft and others it was somewhat shocking. They also did that whole: $70 thing with ToK, acting like it's an ultimate premium game and devaluing their $60 titles. Once again, taking the play book right out of Sony, Microsoft, and certain other big AAA publishers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ever since SOR4's Survival Mode, brawlers are getting rouge-lite survival modes, or has an entire game be a rouge-lite So far the concept working great and I don't see it stopping soon.