Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Gordon Ramsay can't fly a plane that's all I'm saying, put all his points in cheffing and shouting. (I mean, maybe he can really, he seems quite talented.)
Yeah, but Chuck Yeager could make a pretty mean pastrami and Emmenthal sub. Probably. I assume all Americans can. Now, I know it's not really 'ham', but I think a man of Yeager's talents could in all likelihood apply the principle to sliced pork products as well.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Yeah, but Chuck Yeager could make a pretty mean pastrami and Emmenthal sub.
The key is a good wholegrain mustard... although that could be said for almost any sandwich or variant-there-of. When mustard isn't the answer, use a decent brown sauce (HP at a minimum).

Also, use Ementaler not that French knock-off... Oooo, look who isn't respecting Geographic Indicators now, France! Remember, if it's not from the Hypocrisy region of France it's just sparkling bullshit.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
A bit farther into it. There is a certain degree of passion to many aspects of the game which makes me respect it more than Bethesda's last two Fallout games, but it's buried under procedurally generated boredom and Bethesda's usual just below average writing and quest design. Also, the less said about the clunky implementation of space travel and everything related to it, the better.

There are aspects of it I appreciate, I really do like the setting and some of the world building. But a lot of design decisions are just inexcusable. Procedural Generation will never be an effective way to distribute a games content.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Yeah, but Chuck Yeager could make a pretty mean pastrami and Emmenthal sub. Probably. I assume all Americans can. Now, I know it's not really 'ham', but I think a man of Yeager's talents could in all likelihood apply the principle to sliced pork products as well.
Neil Armstrong cheats by tossing his pancakes in space.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Another bunch of console war idiots trying to start something and failing.

Imagine being such a child that this is something you dedicate time and energy to.

How these things should be handled -

Reactions: BrawlMan

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
So... ummm... Terrormorphs are supposed to be unstoppable alien killing machines, right?

I killed one when I was at lvl2 with the cutter. The AI couldn't deal with circle-strafe-with-jump... so I had all the time I need to kill the damage-sponge bastard.

Very disappointing as far as alien killing machines go.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder if this is the game that will make Bethesda realize they need to update their game design practices and their fucking shitty engine. I doubt it, because too many people will blindly praise this game because it's from God Howard. But seriously...the Elder Scrolls 6 Pick Up Sticks is gonna be this exact game again.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I wonder if this is the game that will make Bethesda realize they need to update their game design practices and their fucking shitty engine. I doubt it, because too many people will blindly praise this game because it's from God Howard. But seriously...the Elder Scrolls 6 Pick Up Sticks is gonna be this exact game again.
Well, Todd Howard did say he wants ES6 to be his last game before he retires, so I guess we'll be seeing Creation Engine "2" for a good long time? The dude has the tenacity of a cockroach in a nuclear fallout, but it's more of a dumb stubbornness rather than adapting to new things.

I originally thought these in-house engines were cool, but no one really seems to bring out the very best with them or they weren't meant to be pushed such way in the first place. I.E. Original FF14, Anthem, Halo Infinite

Reactions: CriticalGaming

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I just checked the difficulty differences, and it's the most Bethesda thing you can imagine:

Difficulty LevelInflicted DMGReceived DMGLegendaries
Very EasyMaximumMinimumRare
EasyAbove-averageBelow-averageMinimum
NormalModerateModerateCommon
HardBelow-averageAbove-averageExtra
Very HardMinimumMaximumMaximum

I mean holy crap, how many times have we seen this? Granted Skryim and FO4 both did add survival mode, but modders always came up with better versions of them.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well, Todd Howard did say he wants ES6 to be his last game before he retires, so I guess we'll be seeing Creation Engine "2" for a good long time? The dude has the tenacity of a cockroach in a nuclear fallout, but it's more of a dumb stubbornness rather than adapting to new things.

I originally thought these in-house engines were cool, but no one really seems to bring out the very best with them or they weren't meant to be pushed such way in the first place. I.E. Original FF14, Anthem, Halo Infinite
Yeah normal companies learn eventually but not Bethesda, for some reason they've been able to just get by on janky, buggy, boring, messes of games and people eat it up like it's soooo cool.

I can see how all the problems were forgiven back in the day when the size and scale was still impressive. But these days we have bigger games with less problems and much better gameplay loops, so Bethesda needs to step up or give up imo.

I mean shit they even delayed this game a whole extra year to get it right and yet....pffft. I mean we really shouldn't be surprised right, we was all calling out red flags in the Gaming News thread for months before launch and really the only shock is the fact that the game runs semi-decently so long as you got a super computer. Even then, it's buggy, it crashes a bunch, and it's uncreative as hell.

Sad that they made the universe and it'll be up to modders and fans to make use of it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Capcom's RE Engine. It's basically their new MT Framework Engine.
Capcom is at least doing very well with that new engine. The RE Engine has proven solid in just about every game they've used it on, so that's a plus but they are like the only major studio/publisher doing that. I'm pretty sure most other studios are sticking with their own piece of shit like Frostbite or whatever, or they have just resigned to jumping into Unreal 5, which is perfectly fine tbh.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Capcom is at least doing very well with that new engine. The RE Engine has proven solid in just about every game they've used it on, so that's a plus but they are like the only major studio/publisher doing that.
Precisely why they're the only ones on the list that I posted.

they have just resigned to jumping into Unreal 5, which is perfectly fine tbh.
The downside is that any publisher or developer that uses Unreal 5, has to split the profits with Epic and give them a small percentage for using their engine. Capcom gets 100% of the profit since everything is on their own engine. Even the new Ghosts And Goblins and Mega Man 11 ran on the RE engine. Capcom pretty much didn't want to deal with the Unreal Engine again after using Unreal 3 in the 360 era, and Unreal 4 for Street Fighter 5.