What are you currently playing?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Not only that, but the weapon has to be able to have a damage number higher than the wall's HP as well. Unfortunately the walls have slowly grown stronger than my trusted salami, rendering it useless camp sausages now. Have resorted mandating every active character to carry at least one compay-owned rusty peasant mace on their person wherever they go. None of this is enough reason to stop gleefully shouting "open salami!" at every opportunity though. The team are in desperate need of a morale building exercise, cause I ain't raising their wages in this economy.
Goodness, I just got to that cave-in inside Grymforge that dumbass Nere got stuck under. That wall took so much effort to knock down. Had a single small grenade on my person, utter pain...until I found that secret stash of powder satchels, and even then still took a few tries

Also, god I love the mushroom (Myconid?) people, felt great helping them out.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Still pluggin away at Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Did some temples, as you do in a Zelda. Cured that big face tree that's in every Zelda of his sad. Helped some flamboyant giant fairies find their groove through music. Rode four different dragons. Got a house, and Zelda's golden horse which for some reason didn't already have a name, but which I named Trihorse. Fought an evil sand whale, kicked its ass, then did the same to its 3 buddies. Ran into a white monster centaur, kicked my ass, then threw myself at it until I figured out how to fight the fucker. Spent some time in the very satisfying act of waterboarding koroks. And a whole bunch of other stuff.

I'm having a good time

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I played a little bit of Mercenaries mode with the free update. I did download the Separate Ways dlc, but I'll play that when I get home from work.

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Still working on Turbo Overkill, I think I'm on the last level, but I also thought that about the last level since it was just a big boss fight... over and over again.

I also grabbed a game called Pseudoregalia, its really cool. Its one of the only 3d games I think I would classify as a metroidvania since you really get more and more movement abilities that you really use to explore the world, there is some combat but the main point of the game is to navigate a cool psx style game world.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Had a bit more time for MK1 last night. Did the Kombos tutorial and rather than start Pressure which looked like a long session I continued the story. I’m not really sure what to think of Shang Tsung yet. The way it plays out it makes it look like the Earthrealm crew screwed things up by interfering with Mileena’s treatment, but I’m sure there’s a catch. Also, I like how they handled Kenshi’s cause for blindness here. Really didn’t see that one coming (no pun).

Also gonna call it as it seems pretty obvious even in this new timeline but will spoiler it anyways,

General Shao probably killed Jerrod. No way he’s that loyal and not just biding his time to plan a coup of some sort. He thinks he’s hot shit but can’t even handle an Earthrealm farm boy!

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Beat Turbo Overkill. Damn, that was something, the last boss was really cool. But, the rest of chapter 3 was weaker then chapter 1 and 2. The levels tend to be too long, the cool ideas aren't usually as cool, but some are much more cool (just way fewer), the checkpoints aren't as well thought out and can spawn you into the middle of a group of enemies, and the story seems a bit less well thought out.

A new human merc force is introduced but aside from one story bit and a few neat but rather pointless level bits they don't do anything, even getting the mech they give you could easily have been done another way. Maw works fine as a bad guy, but the fight against him goes on way too long and at least on the highest difficulty needs you to exploit the ai to beat it.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
It's best to approach ZTD as an unintentional comedy.
It certainly eases off the impact of the violent scenes when the normal models look just as disturbing as when they are getting killed (and, boy, they did want to make their dying scenes look disturbing).

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It certainly eases off the impact of the violent scenes when the normal models look just as disturbing as when they are getting killed (and, boy, they did want to make their dying scenes look disturbing).
PORRR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The big cyberpunk patch dropped with all that alleged good shit in, so just checking out what they shook about. The patch notes are uniquely proud of themselves, but hey we're all here to enjoy ourselves aren't we? Skill trees are so reworked they threw all my skill points back. I cannot be trusted with that many skill points, regardless it's too late now, time to splash out baby!

IMG_20230922_173841.jpg

This fcking cat, every goddamn time I swear.

IMG_20230922_173945.jpg

Oki she's here for the long haul, ffs, plan B it is.

ezgif.com-webp-to-png-1.jpg

See those curvaceous playful lines, the mysterious unpredictable allure of where your bushy-tailed skill points may nestle away to if you play your cards right?

Though either way, patch has presented a lot more promise than Dying Light 2's latest update message;

2023-09-22-18-11-31-528.jpg

Goodness, I just got to that cave-in inside Grymforge that dumbass Nere got stuck under. That wall took so much effort to knock down. Had a single small grenade on my person, utter pain...until I found that secret stash of powder satchels, and even then still took a few tries

Also, god I love the mushroom (Myconid?) people, felt great helping them out.
Yeah for sure am also team shroomers here, as soon as they communicated to me I was like "you're in! Everyone aboard!" Oh, a recently procured (from an enemy's corpse) sledgehammer was doing ok for a bit with the cave-in blockage, but had to buff the character's roll stats with a spell after a bit cause for some reason kept rolling zero damage with attacks for ages. Originally tried getting the cattle to do it, though after finding out how the owners/herders react once you help them, decided to go the path of precognitive spite with stealth first attack and tactically placed oil barrels lol!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've been going through Separate Ways Remake. I am at Chapter 5 out of 7. I am loving it. The campaign adds some extra twists in level design by having certain encounters Leon dealt with in the original RE4, Ada deals with. Usually with a neat spin or gimmick. I noticed SWR is tougher. I have not died yet, but the game has some tough encounters. I decided to sell my TMP, because it's more of a liability than help in Ada's case.

Last night I tried Mercenaries Mode as Wesker, and.....he's the biggest game breaker of this mode now! Yes, more than Hunk! The only downside is Wesker almost never gets any healing items to spawn, but he has such a big defense, it almost doesn't even matter. With all the crazy shit everyone can do for their melee/stun attacks, I want to see what Capcom brings to the table for RE5R. I got the S+ Rank with Wesker the first time through.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I am done with Lies Of P. And I'll be honest, this game truly is for all you hardcore masochist gamers who like getting fucked in the ass while someone's whipping you and branding you at the same time. It's very hard. Even harder than the likes of Bloodborne or Sekiro. The idea is to use parry to get their invisible guard meter down, and when you see thier HP bard turn white you hit them with charged heavy attack and go in for a critcal.

Two problems; The first is due to stamina regen being tied to weight capacity, heavy builds are gonna suffer. I rarely found myself having enough stamina to pull off that one last attack, which already was risky considering heavy weapons have very long wind-up time.

The second problem is because the game want's you to utilize this, main weapon attack damage can be low sometimes.

Everything else about the game is superb; The story (yes, there's an actual story you can follow here), the environment, costume and weapon designs, soundtracks, characters, they are all bombers.

The game does have an NG+ to go for the other ending (I got the bad ending which I honestly didn't see coming in more ways than one), but I think I'm gonna hold off on that. The game is too exhausting to play.

Oh and there's a post-credit scene

Turns out this game is part of much bigger universe where all the classic novels are connected. They are teasing the next game to be in The Wizard of Oz world

Now I'm deciding whether to start another run on BG3, or checkout CP2077 update. hmmm.....

Reactions: BrawlMan

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Played through the first mission of Halo 3. Doesn't feel like a super long game, but neither did the others; a lot of FPS campaigns of that era were fairly short because the focus was on the multiplayer, and there were a few secrets hidden in the levels to keep you coming back to look for them. Honestly, I don't super mind, especially since I got the games for a pretty good price each, so even without the multiplayer to sink time into I don't feel like I was overcharged.

I know that it's not a good idea to judge the Halo games by how they start, since both Combat Evolved and 2 fell off around the two-thirds mark, but so far Halo 3 has started better than those games did. Brutes aren't terrible to fight against, the graphics are improved in more ways than just texture and model quality (the lighting doesn't suck anymore, mostly), weapons largely feel better to use than before, and the cutscenes don't have weird audio balancing issues. "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it," but this might be the one that finally gets me to 'get it'.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Took a nice break from Baldur's Gate 3 - really kinda petered out on that one - and decided to check out the Seperate Ways DLC for RE4R. I've finished the first two chapters, and it looks pretty extensive. I quite love how it starts with Luis dancing and Ada joining for the finish, it was fucking stupid in that classic Resident Evil way. The BGM in that first area was total garbage though. Maybe they lifted that from Mercenaries or something, but either way it was trash.

So far it's pretty fun, but I hate the recurring Boss fight. Especially the second time you meet him. I do like how they incorperated some tunes from the classic games for Ada's save screen. I can't place from which game it is, but it's some older stuff, I know that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hate the recurring Boss fight. Especially the second time you meet him.
That Verdugo (U3) Ada encounters is actually female. You find documents about her origins in the main campaign, and some more details during Ada's campaign. Mainly when you're in the castle.

I can't place from which game it is, but it's some older stuff, I know that.
The Chapter End results screens uses a remix of Ada's theme from Resident Evil 2.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Played through the first mission of Halo 3. Doesn't feel like a super long game, but neither did the others; a lot of FPS campaigns of that era were fairly short because the focus was on the multiplayer, and there were a few secrets hidden in the levels to keep you coming back to look for them. Honestly, I don't super mind, especially since I got the games for a pretty good price each, so even without the multiplayer to sink time into I don't feel like I was overcharged.

I know that it's not a good idea to judge the Halo games by how they start, since both Combat Evolved and 2 fell off around the two-thirds mark, but so far Halo 3 has started better than those games did. Brutes aren't terrible to fight against, the graphics are improved in more ways than just texture and model quality (the lighting doesn't suck anymore, mostly), weapons largely feel better to use than before, and the cutscenes don't have weird audio balancing issues. "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it," but this might be the one that finally gets me to 'get it'.
Played CE this AM. Got Master Chief with my Xbox One purchase in 2013. I'd beaten 1-3 before then. They were still really not upgraded then. Just got MC for PC for only $10 on Xbox store and the upgrade is eye popping (Except so far for Reach. Maybe they didn't feel much need to tweak that). But near 2 decades since beating it, still playing CE. Halo 3 is a great game too. Enjoy.
But just after building new PC, tried the Saboteur on GoG that did NOT work at all on my last build. Some told me to go into Bios and shut off all CPU cores but one! Not doing that! Now on my Win 11, it's working. No cores were killed in this trial!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That Verdugo (U3) Ada encounters is actually female. You find documents about her origins in the main campaign, and some more details during Ada's campaign. Mainly when you're in the castle.
Oh right, I remember the main game having notes on those two weirdos.

The Chapter End results screens uses a remix of Ada's theme from Resident Evil 2.

Ah sweet baby Jesus, that nostalgia!!!
nicholas-cage-hair.gif