What are you currently playing?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I've finished Half-Life: Alyx, and it's quite the roller coaster ride.

Near the end, you're told that the vault you've been approaching wasn't built by the Combine but was found by them, and it may actually hold Gordon Freeman. It doesn't- it's imprisoning the G-Man, who is so impressed by Alyx's tenacity that he gives her the chance to prevent her father's death at the end of HL2 Episode 2. When she unthinkingly does so, the G-Man "fires" Gordon (saying that he "can't or won't" perform all the duties given to him) and "hires" Alyx, pulling her out of linear time and into the same timeless pocket dimension that Gordon sat in. You're then put in the POV of Gordon at the end of Episode 2, with Eli furious about how the G-Man took his daughter and swearing revenge. End of game!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Did the Pressure tutorials in MK1, along with Havik’s combo challenges, despite him not being unlocked in the main game yet. His hits feel powerful with a pretty wicked style, but damned if the timing and spacing wasn’t tough on some of the juggles. Will get back to the story next because he would be fun to main along with Mileena. They’d make a cute couple!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Separate Ways Remake complete! What a DLC! Aside from Chapter 1 and 2, each stage is about an hour or an 1 and a half long long. Not bad for $9.99. I appreciate the unlockable costumes you get after getting the game. Looks even further like RE5R is going to be a thing at some point. SWR makes OG SW look like a joke. I noticed in this DLC, is that Ada has more emotional range in her voice here. I never had a problem with Gao's performance and I know she is more of a regular actress than a voice actress, but the lady can act and her performance is better here in the new cut-scenes and dialogue that plays. Another cool thing I noticed is that the cut-scenes are a lot more stylish here, compared the main campaign, and invoke the feelings of OG RE4. So if anyone had complaints (I didn't) about the action cut-scenes in the main campaign, you'll get what you want here.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just unlocked Chinese Dress Ada in Mercenaries. First try on all 4 stages with S+ Ranks! Be warned in the Docks Stage,you'll be facing nearly every enemy type on this stage. And a total of 3 Mad Chainsaw Men (in the final spawn, two appear at once). The guys are in all white, has a double bladed chainsaw, and will insta-kill you within punching distance. You can't parry his attacks, unlike the Standard Salvador.

RE4R has the best Mercenaries!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I want to play more Balders Gate 3 but damn that game stresses me out. I'm not even talking about the combat, I'm talking about all the choices and excessive thought I put into them.

So I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 again since it got the 2.0 patch. So far, its certainly nice to be back in Nightcity, combat feels a bit better, playing more of a gun slinger this time and less of the hacker who could pretty much breeze through any combat encounter. Still really early on and have only just been let loose on the city, but having fun.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
So I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 again since it got the 2.0 patch. So far, its certainly nice to be back in Nightcity, combat feels a bit better, playing more of a gun slinger this time and less of the hacker who could pretty much breeze through any combat encounter. Still really early on and have only just been let loose on the city, but having fun.
I've started the game four times and the farthest I've gotten is getting out of the warehouse with the AI. I dunno, am I approaching it wrong? I feel utterly overwhelmed and driven away by the game.

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've started the game four times and the farthest I've gotten is getting out of the warehouse with the AI. I dunno, am I approaching it wrong? I feel utterly overwhelmed and driven away by the game.
I never beat it before, I was like at the start of the final mission and wanted to do other missions or get more cars first and then got distracted by other games and never went back to it. What is making you feel overwhelmed? Like too many choices? Amount of gear? Story choices?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've finished Half-Life: Alyx, and it's quite the roller coaster ride.

Near the end, you're told that the vault you've been approaching wasn't built by the Combine but was found by them, and it may actually hold Gordon Freeman. It doesn't- it's imprisoning the G-Man, who is so impressed by Alyx's tenacity that he gives her the chance to prevent her father's death at the end of HL2 Episode 2. When she unthinkingly does so, the G-Man "fires" Gordon (saying that he "can't or won't" perform all the duties given to him) and "hires" Alyx, pulling her out of linear time and into the same timeless pocket dimension that Gordon sat in. You're then put in the POV of Gordon at the end of Episode 2, with Eli furious about how the G-Man took his daughter and swearing revenge. End of game!
Avoiding reading your spoilers!
This is on my radar. I'm a cheap bastard and this is still pricey but I do read, it is about the best VR game out there to date.
ITMT: Can't stop playing ancient game that has been polished, Halo CE. Won this decades ago and, it is addictive. You just want to keep playing. One victory leads you wanting to rush to the next. I can appreciate games like Outer Worlds but I just don't get the same sense of need to get to the next scene.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Trying and failing to engage with Sea of Stars. Turn based combat is already not my vibe, and while I appreciate how the game livens it up with the timed attack/block and interrupt mechanics, 5 hours in and I am extremely bored of the 6 or 7 movies the party can pull off.

I don't know, I just have so little patience for this game. Every little pointless animation, every bit of useless dialogue annoys me so much. When I play a 8-bit game, I'd like for it to be snappy. This game just isn't.

Thinking I'll move into Lies of P next.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
I never beat it before, I was like at the start of the final mission and wanted to do other missions or get more cars first and then got distracted by other games and never went back to it. What is making you feel overwhelmed? Like too many choices? Amount of gear? Story choices?
I dunno, I guess the scale? "Here's a crowded city, go find stuff to do" just feels like I don't even know where to start. I know I've got a few potential jobs lined up but even just getting them underway feels like there's a weird pressure on me.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Trying and failing to engage with Sea of Stars. Turn based combat is already not my vibe, and while I appreciate how the game livens it up with the timed attack/block and interrupt mechanics, 5 hours in and I am extremely bored of the 6 or 7 movies the party can pull off.

I don't know, I just have so little patience for this game. Every little pointless animation, every bit of useless dialogue annoys me so much. When I play a 8-bit game, I'd like for it to be snappy. This game just isn't.

Thinking I'll move into Lies of P next.
Yeah, if you're 5+ hours in and you aren't digging it then feel free to drop. The gameplay doesn't change appreciably for the rest of the game.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I dunno, I guess the scale? "Here's a crowded city, go find stuff to do" just feels like I don't even know where to start. I know I've got a few potential jobs lined up but even just getting them underway feels like there's a weird pressure on me.
Point taken. I get the feeling that there is a lot to do in cyberpunk, but I don't feel overwhelmed by it. Balders Gate 3 does kinda give me that, especially since it feels like so much you do is impactful and there is just so much of it that you can't really do in a single run.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
On Chapter 4 of Seperate Ways, and I've noticed that this game really fucking sics the dogs on you. It's like 'Oh, you thought you were Leon with his bullet pwoof vest? No, you're Ada - deal with this shit!' The Gigante fight practically drained me dry, and the red wine trap room was some grade-A bullshit with those crossbow goons, who just wouldn't fucking go down.

It's still good, it's still fun, but have some mercy on my balls game, please.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
DD Gaiden last night again. I appreciate the new buffs and invincibility frames. Characters like Billy, Jimmy, or Linda get an auto-roll with invincibility frames. I wish they didn't automatically pick up items weapons in the twin's case. I get why, there is already a button to pick up items. I noticed the game throws more enemies at you early on now; especially if you set the enemy aggressiveness to max.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Just over the half way mark of the story in MK1. So far I’d say other than Mileena I like Reptile most. A stealthy ninja that can go full beast mode in an instant is a cool concept and gives him a lot of versatility. Plus he’s a more interesting character this time around vs just being a mere hired henchman for the baddies.

Also am almost done with the tutorials. The defensive positioning section has a minor but annoying sound bug that causes the input chime to spaz out, which has been documented by another player -

Would be nice if it’s patched out but not too concerned if it’s only in one small part of the game.

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
Finished Lies of P a few days ago (it's a solid 8 overall IMO), and now it seems like I'll replay the original FF VII, all that talk about Rebirth got me there lol

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Finished Zero Time Dilemma and, oh boy, the more I think about one of the plot twists, the sillier it gets...
So, Q wasn't actually the kid, but a blind deaf old man on a wheelchair who was never shown on camera before the big reveal?

I really can't tell if that concept is dumb or genius. However, there is no way someone as paranoid as Eric wouldn't have suspected him at all or vented directly at him at some point. Also, Q was supposed to be always in the same room as the rest of the Q-Team; but always out of the camera angles? Even while exploring the puzzle rooms? Did the rest of the team push his wheelchair to a corner before searching the room? Or did he always discretely move his wheelchair to hide himself in the shadows?

If the game wasn't so unpleasant, I would replay every single Q-Team part just to play the game of "where in this room is Q?"

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
I'm playing Propagation: Paradise Hotel, a VR game I picked up in a Humble Bundle. While so far the gameplay is fairly simplistic zombie survival stuff and the story is nothing to write home about (the way the character you meet when the game opens dies is so heavily telegraphed that Samuel Morse would blush), I have to give it full props for the atmosphere, as it takes place in a dilapidated hotel during a thunderstorm, and isn't afraid to present the player with complete darkness occasionally lit with lightning flashes (and with a weak flashlight that runs through batteries like me eating tacos).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just finished Separate Ways Remake again on Hardcore for the first time. There is a lot more bullshit on this difficulty. @Casual Shinji, when you fight human form Saddler, some of his attacks can go through solid surfaces it shouldn't. Like the columns in Saddler's ceremonial chamber. I had a great time, but I highly doubt I'll play this on Professional Mode.

EDIT: I got S++ for Luis in the Castle Stage for Mercenaries. 1, 059, 450.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I spent most of the evening getting the hang of RE4R Mercenaries. I can consistently get S Ranks now, and manage to kill 150 enemies per stage. Leon I actually had the most trouble adjusting at first, but I realized I made it more difficult for myself and over thought it when the DLC first released. Now, I can get S+ Ranks with him. Hopefully, I can do a S++ Run with Leon. My best with Leon is at the Castle Stage, and managed to hold onto a 112 Kill Combo for the rest of stage.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette