General Gaming News.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Hey guys, can you take the argument you're all having to another thread that's meant to be about discussing that topic? I feel like you're getting involved enough in it that it's not really something for News anymore.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

New Suda51 game! Hotel Barcelona! 2.5D action game!

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if this game doesn't turn out to be the most batshit insane thing to come out of a video game.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I don't think it's a rational argument to be honest. They are afraid of AI replacing them, but AI has a long way to go before it can do that kind of emotional replacement. Constantly complaining about your job will only further cause companies to try to replace you, so maybe do less of that.

Also anyone who've ever done work in the arts can tell you that it's an extremely unstable career. There are countless actors, musicians, painters, who all can't get work for one reason or another (usually just not being very good), and it's the nature of it. Hell there are major celebrities and fantastic musicians who get one gig and never work in the business again. That's usually why they refer to the arts as "passion careers" as they are things you do because you genuinely enjoy performing or whatever, not to actually make a living.

It's great if you can make a living off your art or talents, but it's never a guarantee.
I love when people will say shit like, “Do what makes you happy!” or something similar when talking about work/career. Fine, great if you find that jackpot, but otherwise “happy” isn’t gonna be paying the goddamn bills!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hey guys, can you take the argument you're all having to another thread that's meant to be about discussing that topic? I feel like you're getting involved enough in it that it's not really something for News anymore.
I've already made my statements and moved on. If you got noticed, and you did, I already posted stuff related back to this thread.

Reactions: Elvis Starburst

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I love when people will say shit like, “Do what makes you happy!” or something similar when talking about work/career. Fine, great if you find that jackpot, but otherwise “happy” isn’t gonna be paying the goddamn bills!
Reality is 99.9% of people are not going to be working their dream job to pay the bills. That's just the way the world works. You should consider yourself lucky if you have a job you can tolerate.

in other news https://kotaku.com/fifa-23-fifa-24-ea-sports-fc-ps5-steam-switch-digital-1850877046

I didn't even know those games were still playable. Don't they stop the ultimate team crap when the new game comes out?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

This is not going to help you whatsoever. Chris has been telling the same story across three universes for twenty years. He is a story teller not a game designer and the problem Blizzard has is shitty game design. So this will do nothing.

Also..... .

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Blizzard is hiring back Captain Retcon?
Doesn't really matter, this is a public facing move more than anything because realistically what the fuck is Chris going to do. He is an artist and a writer, and he can't make the games good. The problem isn't that the stories suck, it's that the games are bad. So this is a hiring in order to trick fans into thinking it'll all get better. It wont.

Reactions: bluegate

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
It's a strange thing for sure. But that's why the label "starving artist" used to have real meaning, because these people struggled for their passion and did everything possible to make it big. They had determination.

These days you have these union actors worth millions of dollars crying foul and it's harder to feel sorry for them especially when their worries come from a place of insecurity rather than any basis in any facts.
My eyes rolled so hard, I think you owe me a pair of glasses lol.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I told you. Arrogant Sony is back in full force. If they start putting their mobile stuff in their single player games, then I won't be buying the first party titles anymore. I'll happily jump over to the upgraded Switch/Switch 2. I'll start investing in Steam Deck at this point.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Rough. TIL Epic owns Bandcamp. Wtf!

Also rough.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I told you. Arrogant Sony is back in full force. If they start putting their mobile stuff in their single player games, then I won't be buying the first party titles anymore. I'll happily jump over to the upgraded Switch/Switch 2. I'll start investing in Steam Deck at this point.
Hahahahaha take those L Capital G gamers and Capital W weebs. You deserve only the worst

Blessed be KonradLeijon!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Also rough.
Epic can continue to fuck off. I ain't hurting for cash!

Also rough.
Considering Sega has closed down a lot of their arcade divisions in japan, this is not surprising. It's still sad and upsetting.