Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
What were you looking at? I went by Wikipedia.
I googled "Gaza Life expectancy", and scrolled til I found one that gave a number for just Gaza, here:

Then I googled "life expectancy World Map", and flicked quickly over the countries here to see what beat 75.66 from above:

And saw UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar significantly higher. I did forget Bahrain existed. I'm not saying it wasn't a sloppily made point, but I don't think you're going to dispute the overall point. One person is characterizing the area as a concentration camp where people are starved and poisoned and most don't make it to adulthood, and then you look at the numbers and they life longer there than people across most of the globe, including some immediate neighbors.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Netanyahu is one of those factions who doesn't want piece.
There are those positing just how much many people actually wanted this.
Imagine there are those that wanted weapons, regardless of where from, to get into the hands of terrorists. Any of that why the US left $80 billion in weapons behind in Afghanistan? Reportedly Milley states doing so was easier/more cost effective than retrieving them. 1697116253654.png POTUS candidate Vivek Ramaswamy is seen on Tucker demanding to know why with all of the US/Israeli intelligence out there, could they not have seen this attack coming from a mile away? There are those that greatly profit from war. And now even relative isolationists are alarmed to the point of calling for the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from Gaza with a very negative view of the Palestinians.
Example illustration for adults only:
1697113989598.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
This is fascinating and kinda depressing at the same time.

Screenshot_20231012-103441.png
Screenshot_20231012-103453.png

Yes there are, no there aren't, yes there are, no there aren't. It's something I was perfectly aware could and has happened but this is my first time seeing it myself

Reactions: Gergar12

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yes there are, no there aren't, yes there are, no there aren't. It's something I was perfectly aware could and has happened but this is my first time seeing it myself
I would say the baby thing is unlikely, since stories like that are old war propaganda, meaning every single conflict has those exact stories. We got it for iraq, we got it for germany. The old style story is either babies being thrown into the air and being impaled on bayonets' or swords but its the same thing.

Reactions: Satinavian

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I would say the baby thing is unlikely, since stories like that are old war propaganda, meaning every single conflict has those exact stories. We got it for iraq, we got it for germany. The old style story is either babies being thrown into the air and being impaled on bayonets' or swords but its the same thing.
It also happens for real occasionally, though. Wouldn't be too surprised if babies were murdered by ether or both sides here.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It also happens for real occasionally, though. Wouldn't be too surprised if babies were murdered by ether or both sides here.
Maybe, but I think its one of those things there they are more likely to be collateral damage rather then deliberately targeted, but I suppose it also depends on what we mean by baby.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ah, what I meant was this kind of news verification pinball. Disinformation, truths that then get blurred by disinformation, rumors, quick stances made in the heat of the moment. It reminds me of accounts of what it was like to be a journalist in the 1800's and early 1900's.

As for whether or not it's true. That babies died is true, it's just not possible for an attack that successful to not have killed babies, the question is how many, if any, were deliberately killed.

A further thing is, there WERE cases of Germans killing babies in WW1, but they were small instances and not reflective of the German army as a whole. It's... Humanity is tiring.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ah, what I meant was this kind of news verification pinball. Disinformation, truths that then get blurred by disinformation, rumors, quick stances made in the heat of the moment. It reminds me of accounts of what it was like to be a journalist in the 1800's and early 1900's.

As for whether or not it's true. That babies died is true, it's just not possible for an attack that successful to not have killed babies, the question is how many, if any, were deliberately killed.

A further thing is, there WERE cases of Germans killing babies in WW1, but they were small instances and not reflective of the German army as a whole. It's... Humanity is tiring.
Were there instances of germany killing babies in ww1? In ww2 I could kind of believe that since they were really dedicated to the whole 'exterminating the jews/gays/mentally whatever' but ww1? I know there were stories but there are always stories about everyone.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Were there instances of germany killing babies in ww1? In ww2 I could kind of believe that since they were really dedicated to the whole 'exterminating the jews/gays/mentally whatever' but ww1? I know there were stories but there are always stories about everyone.
In WW1, the German person the British gave the nickname of "the baby-killer" to was Zeppelin, who pioneered the airships that bear his name, after a Zeppelin raid on London killed a baby, which was great for British propaganda. If Germans were known to be going around killing babies deliberately, and personally, I don't think he'd have been the one to have gotten the nickname.

It's also worth nothing that the Germans did kill lots of civilians (notably in Belgium). The outrage this generated is understandable, but the same had been done on larger scales by all the major combatants in places like Africa for generations, and did stop just before (or after) WW1.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
From what I remember, the cases were from early in the war when they were still trying to carry out the Schlieffen plan. The sheer number of soldiers marching through countries not their own led to disorganization in many places. But that's what I remember.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In WW1, the German person the British gave the nickname of "the baby-killer" to was Zeppelin, who pioneered the airships that bear his name, after a Zeppelin raid on London killed a baby, which was great for British propaganda. If Germans were known to be going around killing babies deliberately, and personally, I don't think he'd have been the one to have gotten the nickname.

It's also worth nothing that the Germans did kill lots of civilians (notably in Belgium). The outrage this generated is understandable, but the same had been done on larger scales by all the major combatants in places like Africa for generations, and did stop just before (or after) WW1.
In modern war, a lot of civilians die, in old war a lot of civilians die. War isn't a good thing, unless you just want there to be a lot less people, its pretty good at reducing numbers for a bit.

Everyone wants their enemies to be baby killers, since its the ultimate unifier against a force, especially if you get it to stick. But as I said the baby killer story is as old as warfare. Treat it with a grain of salt unless its verified.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I never really focused on the dead babies in particular, I think the videos of them parading naked corpses through throngs of cheering cultists praising their chaotic evil deity and cheering, and that one video of a guy being decapitated with a hoe, is bad enough. Nobody is denying Israel is also doing war crimes and has been for a while now but I have a serious difficulty imagining Israelis celebrating in the streets surrounding a naked corpse of a woman or something like that. I think most if not all of em would be appalled at the sight, like a normal person with empathy and humanity.

This is basic stuff, even Achilles was condemned for desecrating the corpse of his enemy by dragging it behind his chariot, and this was over 2000 years ago. When you have a population operate with pre-bronze-age morality you can't quite approach them as one would a modern people with current-day sensibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I think most if not all of em would be appalled at the sight, like a normal person with empathy and humanity.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
It's so weird how many people are pro genocide it seems. I think it's legit messing with my mental health. every twit I see is Adolf Hitler versus Adolf Hitler. How can these people be fucking cruel?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's mostly a set of professional politicians, their pet media, and a small stack of morons amplified by social media.

Unfortunately, the former group decides policy, and a significant number of them need the genocide to happen to trigger the win condition for their death cult