Spider-Man 2 - Does whatever a spider can do

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Is it sad that these days an easy way to tell when a game is going to be good is when the review embargo ends a week before the launch? I think it's sad that we now sit here and point at reviews that can't drop until release day and use them as a sign of a game about to be a stinker.

That's not the case here obviously.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Yeah, it looks like the only issue here is the combat being more or less the same save for new symbiote abilities, and the open-world side activities also being stale. Fine by me, as I am more of a narrative-driven guy

I wonder who will be the Venom? Clearly they are going for the classic story of Peter's struggle and the triumph to take the suit off, but Venom's host is a mystery.

Flash Thompson and Eddie Brock, for now at least, don't seem to exist in this universe yet. Could it be Harry, who could also be the next green goblin?

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, it looks like the only issue here is the combat being more or less the same save for new symbiote abilities, and the open-world side activities also being stale. Fine by me, as I am more of a narrative-driven guy

I wonder who will be the Venom? Clearly they are going for the classic Peter's story of the struggle and the triumph to take the suit off, but Venom's host is a mystery.

Flash Thompson, for now at least, doesn't seem to exist in this universe yet. Could it be Harry, who could also be the next green goblin?
My money is on Harry. Unless Flash or Eddie show up out of nowhere.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
To compare review embargos, Hot Wheels 2 unleashed unlimited unlallallaamma'd is technically already out for ppl who bought the overpriced version, yet reviews for it just came out today also.

Am trying not to get hyped with Spiderman, hoping to go in on as neutral a state of mind as possible. So am avoiding reading any reviews outside of the initial glance at scores and headlines. It will be pure, it will be a temporary world that is not despair.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I've got fucking hype. Loved the first one and Miles Morales (more so the first one, but they're both excellent).

And same day as Mario Wonder... tis a good month.

Edit: And then the Metal Gear Solid collection! And then Alan Wake 2, also both before the end of the month! Choo choo

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Spoilers for the game are out already, and because I don't really care for them, I decided to go ahead and watch the ending.

Let's just say they are definitely planning for a third game

Reactions: CriticalGaming

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Spoilers for the game are out already, and because I don't really care for them, I decided to go ahead and watch the ending.

Not much of a spoiler. Everybody saw that coming. But I do need to know: Will there be a Spider Verse? Do we get Spider Gwen?

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Not much of a spoiler. Everybody saw that coming. But I do need to know: Will there be a Spider Verse? Do we get Spider Gwen

Well, seeing as how they are bringing in another web-swinger named silk, I can definitely see it being a multi-verse, OR they want to fit in as many of them as possible while keeping one Peter, one Miles, etc.

I just hope they don't fall into typical third-game syndrome.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Dude how cool would it be for the Spider-man 2 DLC to lead up to the Wolverine game, and they fucking team up!? OMG PLEASE!

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Dude how cool would it be for the Spider-man 2 DLC to lead up to the Wolverine game, and they fucking team up!? OMG PLEASE!
That would actually be amazing. Wolverine-Spiderman dynamic has always been entertaining. And since the new Wolverine game is also being worked on by Insomniac, the chances are super high.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not much of a spoiler. Everybody saw that coming. But I do need to know: Will there be a Spider Verse? Do we get Spider Gwen?

I just saw Yahtzee's video. I do respect and like the fact he enjoys Spider-Man 2 from 2004, he's still full of crap when it comes to the modern Insomniac Spider-Man games. He has a point about the Mary Jane still sections in the first game, but those are completely removed in Miles's game and are not to be in Spider-Man 2 (2023). Also, who the hell complains about there being "too much combat" in these Spider-Man games? The games divided up well enough, but the game still wants you to combat at the end of the day. Also, just because Spider-Man is taking from the Arkham games doesn't make it bad or less interesting. While there is Arkham style combat, all these Spiderman games do more than enough to differentiate from what the Arkham games do. Peter and Miles fight nothing like Bruce, and their attack patterns fit for them. They take more from Bayonetta, and now DMC3 & God of War 4 (how the perfect parry works), with Spider-Man 2 (2023) than anything else. Get over it, Yahtzee.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, seeing as how they are bringing in another web-swinger named Silk, I can definitely see it being a multi-verse, OR they want to fit in as many of them as possible while keeping one Peter, one Miles, etc.

I just hope they don't fall into typical third-game syndrome.
Even better. I doubt there's much they can do to mess up the third game. At its worse, it'll be a slightly more advanced version of SPM2. I could think of any other worse ways to end the third game in a trilogy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
People are posting full playthroughs on twitter and trying to flex that the story is only 12 hours long, because Starfield is 100s of hours long and thats somehow a brag.

I dont know how my twitter feed became full of xbox cope but its really cringy.
Let them cry and whine. They know they have nothing better to do. All it does is reveal how pathetic and shallow they truly are. Most sensible people and the casual gamers aren't going to give a rat's ass about the Xbox. Twitter is a continuous trash fire. I do not know why you still have a profile on there. I always considered Twitter a bad idea to begin with (being an open chat room anybody can use and all that) and it's only gotten worse. Don't know what you're expecting from people like them.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
People are posting full playthroughs on twitter and trying to flex that the story is only 12 hours long, because Starfield is 100s of hours long and thats somehow a brag.

I dont know how my twitter feed became full of xbox cope but its really cringy.
And none of those morons realize it’s better to have 12 hours of quality storytelling rather than 100 hours of drawn-out, boring experience