General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Umm, I certainly would've appreciated all the minor details fully animated at 60 fps, but I guess it's only me I guess
I almost got this game because i havent played a city builder in quite a while and I could go for some city building. But then I saw some reviews and immediately removed the game from my cart.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I almost got this game because i havent played a city builder in quite a while and I could go for some city building. But then I saw some reviews and immediately removed the game from my cart.
If you haven't you can play the first one, its just fine and there's like a million mod and most of the issue have probably been fixed (I hope they fixed the funeral home epidemic).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Creative assembly (maker of total war franchise) is hitting a bit of a rough patch lately and have been getting a lot of negative feedback from the community. So they decided to really engage with the community to see if they can explain their side of the... oh wait nvm, they just ban people from the forum for just about any reason, including calling for boycott.

As background, total war warhammer used to get pretty regular DLC that feel into two pots, cheap one that would give you two new legendary lord (think sub faction) and a couple of new units and medium price one that would release a new faction, usually with 3-4 legendary lord. But for total war warhammer 3, they decided to instead have expensive DLC that give 3 legendary lord, so that the community would get less for more. They also just release a new total war that was retreading the same period that the previous game they did (troy) and had low amount of content. It seems like they needed major amount of money because they've been putting everything into developing a, sigh, generic looter shooter, which SEGA, their parent company just cancelled because at least there's at least one person with two brain cell around. This forced creative assembly to fire a bunch of people, massively cut down on support for existing game and announce that if the community didn't buy overprice DLC' they were just going to stop supporting the games.

So yeah... they might be dying over there.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Apparently there is a big hullabaloo among certain Bayonetta fans that new artwork shows her with a husband and daughter. And some fans are outraged because in their minds Bayonetta, who never expressed any lesbian desire, who indeed mentioned how much she enjoys the process of making babies and indeed ended Bayonetta 3 in a straight relationship with the same guy in the photo, is, in fact, a lesbian, and this artwork has ruined the character.
Now the obsession with the sexuality of made up characters aside, what's interesting is these fans basically created a headcanon and assumed the Devs would go along with it, and when they didn't the fans felt betrayed. Its interesting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Creative assembly (maker of total war franchise) is hitting a bit of a rough patch lately and have been getting a lot of negative feedback from the community. So they decided to really engage with the community to see if they can explain their side of the... oh wait nvm, they just ban people from the forum for just about any reason, including calling for boycott.

As background, total war warhammer used to get pretty regular DLC that feel into two pots, cheap one that would give you two new legendary lord (think sub faction) and a couple of new units and medium price one that would release a new faction, usually with 3-4 legendary lord. But for total war warhammer 3, they decided to instead have expensive DLC that give 3 legendary lord, so that the community would get less for more. They also just release a new total war that was retreading the same period that the previous game they did (troy) and had low amount of content. It seems like they needed major amount of money because they've been putting everything into developing a, sigh, generic looter shooter, which SEGA, their parent company just cancelled because at least there's at least one person with two brain cell around. This forced creative assembly to fire a bunch of people, massively cut down on support for existing game and announce that if the community didn't buy overprice DLC' they were just going to stop supporting the games.

So yeah... they might be dying over there.
That's fucked up. Most fans ain't buying it, and the assholes in charge have no one to blame, but themselves.

Apparently there is a big hullabaloo among certain Bayonetta fans that new artwork shows her with a husband and daughter. And some fans are outraged because in their minds Bayonetta, who never expressed any lesbian desire, who indeed mentioned how much she enjoys the process of making babies and indeed ended Bayonetta 3 in a straight relationship with the same guy in the photo, is, in fact, a lesbian, and this artwork has ruined the character.
Now the obsession with the sexuality of made up characters aside, what's interesting is these fans basically created a headcanon and assumed the Devs would go along with it, and when they didn't the fans felt betrayed. Its interesting.
Not just any man, but the fact that it's Luka is what's pissing certain fans off. I personally don't mind, as there was some minor ship tease between Bayo and Luka in the first game. Bayonetta 2 dropped this and there was some Les Yay between Bayo and Jeanne. The fact that two were living together, doesn't help and feeds into the shipping they already have thought up in their heads. People were pairing Bayo and Jeanne before the first game even launched. Especially on DeviantArt back in 2008-09. I don't mind a lesbian pairing either, but I'm here for the characters, the over-the-top stylish action, and story (second game mainly).

I do wish these fans would shut up and stop crying about it. Just ignore the 3rd game, if you hate it that much people! That goes double for you too Pat and Woolie. Though I am more so referring to Pat acting like a biatch in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: meiam

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Where in God's name did she find someone taller than she was? Even in heels that woman gave the likes of Ellen Ripley and Samus Aran a run for their money.

In unrelated news:

Has this crossed anyone else's radar or am I being taken for a ride?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Where in God's name did she find someone taller than she was? Even in heels that woman gave the likes of Ellen Ripley and Samus Aran a run for their money.
Luka was always slightly taller than Bayo, but not by much.

Has this crossed anyone else's radar or am I being taken for a ride?
This the first I've heard about this. Once again, fuck Microsoft.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Oh man, I sure hope she doesn't take her kid to mcdonalds and feed em fries. That will sure bring forth the end time.

Reactions: SilentPony

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
You don't just drop that without explaining.
For awhile (maybe still is?) the hardest thing to do in the game once you had a mature city was taking care of all the dead body pilling up faster than you could possibly take care of them, so you needed to have an insane amount of them to keep up, like think the number of McDonald in a normal city but its all crematorium.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

I've always said that if you enrage a bunch of weirdos on twitter, then you must be doing something right