Country
United States of America

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

I smell lawsuit from Disney, or them singing you're welcome for borrowing the character design
Boisterous burly dude who names his miniguns also gives me a bit of TF2 Heavy vibe, tho this guy is more on the cocky side.

PS: should be noted Maui is an actual figure from Maori mythology. Disney did not invent him whole cloth.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
PS: should be noted Maui is an actual figure from Maori mythological . Disney did not invent him whole cloth.
But we all know that's not gonna stop them from trying to sue AB, or at least consider. I am well aware of Maui's legend, and while there are many different imaginings of how he looks like, AB's design seems to have uncanny resemblance to that of Disney

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
But we all know that's not gonna stop them from trying to sue AB, or at least consider. I am well aware of Maui's legend, and while there are many different imaginings of how he looks like, AB's design seems to have uncanny resemblance to that of Disney
I noticed the next wow expansion is a trilogy of expansions that are chaining a story which really stinks of them trying to be ff14.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah, Disney doesn't have the ability to copyright control Maui, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, Czernobog and other sundry things.

They do however own their specific cartoon (or otherwise) designs though, so they can definitely get slapped for taking that, unless they push back thats its simply a generic CGI chracter interpretation of some previously established folklore/art.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
MW3 early-access is here, and to no one but fanboys' surprise, it launches with tons of problems:

(BTW, Acti is blaming the game's size on the open-world design for zombies)

Campaign is only around 70 GB of that 240-250 GB

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I noticed the next wow expansion is a trilogy of expansions that are chaining a story which really stinks of them trying to be ff14.
Well, people have spent the past two years pointing at FF14 and saying "No, like that stupid!". So what was anyone expecting?

Anyway, I loved the cinematic but I think its a little slow and low key for an actual intro. The WoW Intro cinematics are are typically very punchy but this is very contemplative. Its really good and the music is beautiful but I think something else is needed but I won't exactly be heartbroken if that's it.

Reactions: CriticalGaming