General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well, people have spent the past two years pointing at FF14 and saying "No, like that stupid!". So what was anyone expecting?

Anyway, I loved the cinematic but I think its a little slow and low key for an actual intro. The WoW Intro cinematics are are typically very punchy but this is very contemplative. Its really good and the music is beautiful but I think something else is needed but I won't exactly be heartbroken if that's it.
I think a major problem with wow's story is that your character isnt important despite also being important. Wow has named characters that bare all of the story importance. We didnt stop Deathwing, Thrall did. We didnt kill the alivh King, Tirion did. Our character get acknowledged as heroes and helpers but we dont really get focused as the key element to it.

In FF14 you ARE the main character and it still manages to give everyone the experience of being the hero even though every player is the main character.

Wow cant change that now the structure and characters have already been too long established. So at best we are observers that watch the story happen. Hopefully itll be a good story this time.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think a major problem with wow's story is that your character isnt important despite also being important. Wow has named characters that bare all of the story importance. We didnt stop Deathwing, Thrall did. We didnt kill the alivh King, Tirion did. Our character get acknowledged as heroes and helpers but we dont really get focused as the key element to it.

In FF14 you ARE the main character and it still manages to give everyone the experience of being the hero even though every player is the main character.

Wow cant change that now the structure and characters have already been too long established. So at best we are observers that watch the story happen. Hopefully itll be a good story this time.
To each their own, but that's a big part of the reason I dropped FF14. I just couldn't stand how the game constantly tried to pretend I was the MC with every other player around. I'd rather have an mmo with a story fit for an mmo than pay a monthly fee to play what's essentially a single player RPG, just with XxDickButtxX jumping around in the background.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

$90 for an expansion? Now that’s a new low (or should I say high?) I know premium MMO expansions aren’t new, but holy balls this price is insane. Better be one of the most groundbreaking, revolutionary, mind-blowing expansions players have ever seen.
I mean, thats about what the last Destiny one actually cost

70 for Lightfall
idk cuz I didn't buy it, but I think its like 12-15 for the "dungeon key" (which can onnly be bought with ingame silver, and of course is priced at some inbetween point so you need to buy two packs)
Then the Season pass (which includes a drip feed for the rest of the story missions) was like 30.

(If anyone was wondering why Destiny keeps vomiting players and can't get new ones lol)

(Despite getting Lightfall and the other 3 on a hefty sale for like 60 total. Stuff like the dungeon keys and the season junk basically k-lined most of any ability to play with friends. And now they all quit anyhow so I never even finished witch Queen)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
To each their own, but that's a big part of the reason I dropped FF14. I just couldn't stand how the game constantly tried to pretend I was the MC with every other player around. I'd rather have an mmo with a story fit for an mmo than pay a monthly fee to play what's essentially a single player RPG, just with XxDickButtxX jumping around in the background.
Dickbutt is a cool guy when you get to know him.

Reactions: meiam

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

$90 for an expansion? Now that’s a new low (or should I say high?) I know premium MMO expansions aren’t new, but holy balls this price is insane. Better be one of the most groundbreaking, revolutionary, mind-blowing expansions players have ever seen.

It wont be. It will be more wow.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

That’s about how much the others have cost, and if you don’t want it for early access then don't fucking buy it until release. Jesus these people are pathetic.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
That’s about how much the others have cost, and if you don’t want it for early access then don't fucking buy it until release. Jesus these people are pathetic.
The irony of these mofos who are practically feeding AB money, yet are the first ones to complain about the prices. I personally hate any multiplayer-related content being more expensive than AAA game, and I don't even play multiplayer game anymore.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Starting with Jesus. It would make people so frothingly angry. Hmmmm

Anyway, Epic store still no profitable. Also

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I am rooting against Epic, but Google can get fucked as usual. Especially when Epic loses.

Nothing surprising here with Embracer Group here. Thanks for wasting everyone's time and ruining lots of people's lives.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra