Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Atalya Ben-Abba is an Israeli conscientious objector: as a teenager, she was sent to prison for refusing to serve in the Israeli Defence Forces because of her opposition to the occupation.

Now she's calling for a ceasefire - and the least we can do in response to her courage is to stand by her. Please sign her petition here: https://www.anothereurope.org/petitio...

Follow Voices Against War here https://twitter.com/againstwarvoice, and sign up to the Refuser Solidarity Network here https://www.gaza.refuser.org/

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Getting desperate trying to justify blowing up hospitals, after getting mad that people thought they blew up a hospital.

Really buying into that "Jews run the world" shit, huh?
It's not exactly news that Israel has disproportionate influence in the US government. Hell, a good chunk of US lawmakers need Israel to be a thing to fulfill their End of Days prophecies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nowhere in this video is 'jew' or even 'zionist' mentioned. Maybe stop conflating being jewish with being on the side of the Isreali government. May I remind you that not long before Oct. 7th thousands of isreali's were protesting their own government for trying to limit the ability of the Supreme Court to overturn decisions made by Netanyahu. Actual dictator shit. Were they anti-semitic for voicing their critique of the Isreali government?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Nowhere in this video is 'jew' or even 'zionist' mentioned. Maybe stop conflating being jewish with being on the side of the Isreali government. May I remind you that not long before Oct. 7th thousands of isreali's were protesting their own government for trying to limit the ability of the Supreme Court to overturn decisions made by Netanyahu. Actual dictator shit. Were they anti-semitic for voicing their critique of the Isreali government?
As an addendum, how many times in history has *blind support of x* turned out well.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
To dig a little deeper into the fundamentally flawed crux of the issue -

The old saying if you want to test a man’s character, give him power, should’ve also applied to religion.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Maybe if you looked into who made the video, the comments to it, and the other videos they've made then it will make more sense to you.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Saying "Jews run the world" is not true or helpful.

Acknowledging that there is an extremely powerful pro-Israel lobby group in the USA that is able to exert disproportionate influence over US lawmakers (at least on matters involving Israel) is perfectly supportable by the facts. One can likewise acknowledge other factors (political, military, intelligence, diplomatic) that predispose the USA to support Israel against the Palestinians even when Israel's behaviour is beyond what would be accepted from most of the world's other ~200 countries.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
To dig a little deeper into the fundamentally flawed crux of the issue -

The old saying if you want to test a man’s character, give him power, should’ve also applied to religion.
Noam Chomsky is not a good authority on this subject; he has denied genocide that did not fit his worldview.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Like how seemingly everyone in this thread is acting? None of you aside from me and Silvanus seem particularly bothered by the bias of our resident tankie.
Not really. Most of us just don't want to regurgitate all his nonsense and the counterarguments about Russia/Ukraine in this one.

Reactions: CaitSeith

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like how seemingly everyone in this thread is acting? None of you aside from me and Silvanus seem particularly bothered by the bias of our resident tankie.
And you have a habit of jumping to conclusions and projecting crap on people that ain't real or has nothing to do with the users in question. Also crying for bad people or treating aggressors like victims when they don't deserve it. I don't see what's so anti-semitic about the video. I don't know much about this guy, but he ain't exactly wrong. There's nothing anti-semitic in that video. And if you're talking about the comment sections, I didn't see any as far as I know, but I'm not going to check over a thousand comments for a few jackasses sneak or troll posting around there. Especially when the evidence speaks for itself, and many people in the US government is down playing the actions of Israel or acting as if they did nothing wrong. Be they Democrat or Republican. They're pretty much Israel's bitches. Don't forget that they've been doing really screwed up things and justifying genocide and dehumanizing the Palestinians. Not to mention the rise of anti Jew and anti-muslim activity here in the states. So enough with the immature "gotcha" moments you keep pointlessly trying to prove. It's petty and a disrespectful to what is going on right now in these countries and the world at large.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Saying "Jews run the world" is not true or helpful.

Acknowledging that there is an extremely powerful pro-Israel lobby group in the USA that is able to exert disproportionate influence over US lawmakers (at least on matters involving Israel) is perfectly supportable by the facts. One can likewise acknowledge other factors (political, military, intelligence, diplomatic) that predispose the USA to support Israel against the Palestinians even when Israel's behaviour is beyond what would be accepted from most of the world's other ~200 countries.
I'm not aware of any country that wouldn't retaliate to something like Oct 7 in the way Israel has.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe if you looked into who made the video, the comments to it, and the other videos they've made then it will make more sense to you.
It hasn't really, so maybe give some other videos and comments on this youtube channel that point to the "jews control the world" narrative this video is apparently promoting, because I haven't really seen it.

I'm not aware of any country that wouldn't retaliate to something like Oct 7 in the way Israel has.
Which means what - that Israel having killed 10.000 civilians since Oct. 7th is justified, because other countries would too?

Also, I'm just gonna say I doubt you have that level of awareness.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Noam Chomsky is not a good authority on this subject; he has denied genocide that did not fit his worldview.
It’s good that he’s been criticized for this, but his careless thinking there shouldn’t effectively negate his other points about Israel and the vast cult-like support it has accrued in the West.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Most countries aren't illegally occupying territories they don't own and steadily dispossessing the inhabitants of their land and economic productivity. Sure, Hamas killing 1000+ civilians in a day is extraordinarily bad. And yet even still, not as bad as the fact that Israel has killed an average of around 300 Palestinian civilians every year for the last 20 years, never mind the above illegal occupation and land theft.

You're sitting there wanting us to get outraged by a mob threatening some Jews on a plane, and I agree that's awful. But not as awful as Israeli settlers terrorising Palestinians, eventually invading their homes at night, assaulting and driving them from their homes, probably permanently. As the occupying power, Israel bears responsibility to prevent this. What is it doing? What does it ever do about Jewish settler violence against Palestinians, except pretty much nothing?

Why do you have this view that Israel and Jewish settlers can do what they please - killing, abusing and breaching the human rights of Palestinians at will, but the Palestinians have no right to do anything in return without Israel bombing the crap out of them?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
What is it doing? What does it ever do about Jewish settler violence against Palestinians, except pretty much nothing?
Occasionally even providing support to the home invaders/assaulters in the form of security services backing them up.