Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Really buying into that "Jews run the world" shit, huh?
even were we falsely to equate "Jews" with Israel, the video describes Israel in a subordinate role and its relationship with its backers in the US ruling class as one of mutual advantage.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Really buying into that "Jews run the world" shit, huh?
I'd be interested to hear exactly how and why J-street (the organization itself as well as the entire Israel lobby) represents all of Judaism and its practicioners, myself. That's what you have to assume to get from there to here, after all.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I’ll be honest, if Hamas (or any other group) had done this to almost any other nation then I would expect an incredibly dramatic overreaction.
Overreaction ? Sure, maybe.

But i can imagine very few other countries killing thousands of civilians, especially thousands of children, bombing hospitals, refugee centers and ambulances and demanding a million of people to leave their home.

It is Israel, the US (which did similarly overreact to 9.11) and... then it gets difficult. Russia obviously is willing to kill foreigners in huge numbers but will do so out of geopolitical interest, not out of actually being driven by such things. China has a huge chip on its shoulder but has also been quite reluctant with visiting violence in other countries since decades. However it would totally overreact to any minority based group pulling such a stunt inside its border. Can't really see any of the European countries doing such a thing.

Admittedly i don't know much about Australia. Do you think Australia would react like Israel ?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Overreaction ? Sure, maybe.

But i can imagine very few other countries killing thousands of civilians, especially thousands of children, bombing hospitals, refugee centers and ambulances and demanding a million of people to leave their home.

It is Israel, the US (which did similarly overreact to 9.11) and... then it gets difficult. Russia obviously is willing to kill foreigners in huge numbers but will do so out of geopolitical interest, not out of actually being driven by such things. China has a huge chip on its shoulder but has also been quite reluctant with visiting violence in other countries since decades. However it would totally overreact to any minority based group pulling such a stunt inside its border. Can't really see any of the European countries doing such a thing.

Admittedly i don't know much about Australia. Do you think Australia would react like Israel ?
We lack the infrastructure and force projection to react in such a way unless we're talking about, maybe, Indonesia. So the truth of the matter is its a test we're basically never going to take. We'd probably fail though.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
We lack the infrastructure and force projection to react in such a way unless we're talking about, maybe, Indonesia. So the truth of the matter is its a test we're basically never going to take. We'd probably fail though.
The Bali bombings, thought lesser in scope, didn't provoke a terrible reaction, though.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The Bali bombings, thought lesser in scope, didn't provoke a terrible reaction, though.
Look, while I'm sure the Indonesian people as a rule find us tiresome - having us go there for cheap holidays and act like piss heads does not engender positive feelings - they were at least smart enough to smile and nod and take our money and regard us with the same exhausted patience a parent does for a toddler. Its not remotely the same kind of blood and soil infused feud that has existed between Israel and Palestine for the past 70 years. The reciprocal desire for vengeance just wasn't ingrained in us to respond like that to the Bali bombings.

But, if JI had say, gotten suicide bombers to the Royal Adelaide Easter Show or something, or ADFA Open Day.....that would probably do it.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
horror world of detached dehumanising psychos grinding through meat and bones won't stop, what future is there even left to be able to look back on this with clarity and paths for justice? an inescapable nightmare, what gods in what religions would be able to justify and forgive this? I'd start worrying pretty bad bout that sweet afterlife gig if I were sincerely religious and supporting this genocide

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
what gods in what religions would be able to justify and forgive this?
The Torah is roughly the first five books of the Old Testament, and have you read the Old Testament? It's not like the ancient Israelites founded their kingdom through love and charity: they emigrated in from Egypt and subjugated the natives by force. It's not just religion, it's history repeating itself.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
The Torah is roughly the first five books of the Old Testament, and have you read the Old Testament? It's not like the ancient Israelites founded their kingdom through love and charity: they emigrated in from Egypt and subjugated the natives by force. It's not just religion, it's history repeating itself.
yeah, am aware of those messy scriptures - sorry I should've specified more clearly I meant the modernised mainstream version of religious beliefs whom so many claim their moral high grounds on - fundamentalists/evangelicals are closer to high control groups knotted with various mental illness, far less likely to be reached.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Speaking of religion in general -

One of the comments was Never confuse religion with faith in God, which is about as succinct as it can be put. All this bloodshed and for what.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
One of the comments was Never confuse religion with faith in God, which is about as succinct as it can be put. All this bloodshed and for what.
Religion is just another excuse for people to do what they were going to do anyway.

"Man is a rational animal. He can think up a reason for anything he wants to believe." - Anatole France

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The Red Crescent states that Israeli forces fired on one of their humanitarian convoys.

Same day that Antonio Guterres confirmed 89 UN staff have died in Gaza-- more than any comparably-sized conflict since its inception.

Can there really be no legal reckoning for the targeting of members of internationally-protected orgs?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
People really don't need religion for bloodshed. And at its core the Israel/Palestine conflict is not about religion either. It is about ethnic groups claiming the same land.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
or reality coming to resemble historical fiction, possibly; in any case, it is amusing to see Zionists have to assert that Torah is false about all that when questioned on the claim of Jewish indigeneity to Palestine.

Last edited: