General Gaming News.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Man, if these industry giants aren't being mofos with monetization, they are being mofos with laying people off left and right
Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll officially start using the former as justification to help prevent the latter.

Gotta make up for that pay cut somehow, since that’s apparently as low as he’ll go.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Nice to see them working together since the whole Super NES/Playstation debacle.

Yeah game addiction is absolutely a thing, but we all know this lawsuit is not going anywhere

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Man, if these industry giants aren't being mofos with monetization, they are being mofos with laying people off left and right
"Enhance collective efficiency" sounds like a corpo euphemism for "Work harder, peons, or you're next"

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Either it's gonna be another GTA 5 re-release, or an actual GTA 6. Either way, it's gonna cause uproar on the internet
They sent out a tweet that there would be a preview of the next GTA in December. So the game awards makes the most sense. I personally cant wait to play GTA6 on Playststion 7 after it has been released more times than Skyrim.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I just want to say that i take no small pleasure in Activision's first game after becoming Xbox is a very shitty Modern Warfare 3.
And yet, as my friend eloquently commented...

change.png

Also I didn't actually read the article further but implied by absence is it was not the best selling game on Xbox/MS Store, which is hilarious

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Funny how the original OW had esports shoved it, the game revolved and balanced around it, and now that very thing is dead.

I'm wondering what OW"2" will now look like? It certainly won't build towards deep narrative content, but it also doesn't look like the pvp element won't be so...esports-y anymore

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
They sent out a tweet that there would be a preview of the next GTA in December. So the game awards makes the most sense. I personally cant wait to play GTA6 on Playststion 7 after it has been released more times than Skyrim.
It would likely end up consuming the show. Rockstar hasn’t really used game events to show new stuff for the last couple generations it seems. IIRC the last was GTAIV being revealed for Xbox 360 at E3.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
They havent had a new gta in two generations. Lol

If we start at three years into the 7th gen they’ve released LA Noire, Max Payne 3, GTAV and two Red Dead’s. Yeah Rockstar’s been been shitty the last few years but I’m pretty sure most of that stems from their overlord Take 2. That said, historically one thing even they’ve seemed to understand, at least with flagship releases, is the importance of timing and not announcing or showing something off before it’s ready, even if it takes a generation. They can of course afford to do that with the cash cow V’s huge supply of milk, but it’s also what makes them stand out next to most other big AAA pubs that will shit out sequels every other year.

Reactions: BrawlMan