The Escapist Countdown to Shutdown Thread: What’s Next?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Ok, updated the collage to include Kwak whom I had shamefully missed, Zhukov and Goremocker for dropping in after so long, and some more familiar faces who made the move to v2 but stopped frequenting. I've updated the original post, but here is everything again.
Download
This is starting to get depressing looking at all the people that haven't posted in years now. I don't even remember some of them coming to V2 like Caramel Frappe.

Edit: Also you're missing Saelune and Houseman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This is starting to get depressing looking at all the people that haven't posted in years now. I don't even remember some of them coming to V2 like Caramel Frappe.
He did, but briefly. Only stayed a couple weeks, a handful of posts. Also, dammit, I keep finding more people who also made the move, even if they didn't stay long. Like Saelune, IceForce and Tireseas.

Also, the "Last person to reply wins!" thread in v1. Lasted almost ten years. sb666 won.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Edit: Also you're missing Saelune and Houseman.
And that's a bad thing? I'm referring to Housebitch.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Oof, I didn't make the cut for the "Your existence will be vaguely recalled" mural.
Rough day for my ego.
Yeah, sorry. Every time I think I'm done, there pops up someone else I missed. This is proving surprisingly hard.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
And that's a bad thing? I'm referring to Housebitch.
Considering that other banned users like Yoshi are up there, it's only fair.
I have to say it's a little embarrassing seeing that big ass B for me.
As it should be for all you buggers too lazy to set an avatar.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Not to nitpick but here’s it tweaked a bit -
[SNIP]
I agree that that is better laid out, but if it were in the same dimensions as Bob_McMillan's current "avatar" the McMillan part would be partially cropped out by the frame.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Was it Zhukov? Cuz he popped in yesterday. Didn't say that much, but seemed like he's ok.
I don't think so? I dunno, I'm really struggling with the name although I do think it started with a Z. I might dig back to see if I can remember. Dude had an anime avatar drinking bleach from what I remember on the old forum but digging into an archive is a lot of work to remember a name.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I don't think so? I dunno, I'm really struggling with the name although I do think it started with a Z. I might dig back to see if I can remember. Dude had an anime avatar drinking bleach from what I remember on the old forum but digging into an archive is a lot of work to remember a name.
Wait, are you thinking of Zontar maybe?

He's from Canada. Him and Saelune were always fighting. I remember we used to joke they secretly wanted to hate-fuck, which in retrospect was pretty gauche. Last I checked, went deep into the Maga conspiracy theory rabbit hole on twitter. Still on twitter btw.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

He's from Canada. Him and Saelune were always fighting. I remember we used to joke they secretly wanted to hate-fuck, which in retrospect was pretty gauche. Last I checked, went deep into the Maga conspiracy theory rabbit hole on twitter. Still on twitter btw.
iirc he was always borderline, but sad he went full cultist.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

THAT'S who it was, thank you. Its good to hear he's at least continuing to survive, but yes, I can't say I really want to seek out a discussion there. I just remember that he was eastern Canadian, worked manufacturing and had a lot to say about anglo/french relationships which put him in SW Ontario in my mind. They had huge layoffs in the auto manufacturing sector there around the time he dropped off the site, and I was worried he was out on the street honestly.

iirc he was always borderline, but sad he went full cultist.
Yeah, I dunno. Canadian conservatives and American conservatives have startlingly few overlaps beyond a few major talking points, but every now and then somebody grabs the wrong end of the wrong stick and things go weird. A lot of what he argued about only applied to American politics because the systems are just different.