Funny events in anti-woke world

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Just a note to my fellow Americans: Sticking up two fingers in England has the same meaning as sticking up your middle finger here. It's why the cover of Left 4 Dead 2 had to be edited.

is usually just a bit of tame, quaint meaningless banter from whenever I remember ppl using it. weird to think it was considered worth censoring in a bloody zombie shooty survival game of all things

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
She may be trying to get kicked out of cabinet before the election.

If she hangs on, then she inevitably absorbs some of the blame for the catastrophic wipeout the Tories will probably face, and her career prospects are damaged. But if she throws red meat to the far-right wing of her party, and gets canned for it, then she creates a platform and an angry, motivated support base for a future leadership campaign.
And this is symptomatic of the utter trash that the Tories have become. A bunch of puling little overprivileged nits who have long since lost any sense of honour and responsibility in public office, and drag politics through the gutter for their personal ambition.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And this is symptomatic of the utter trash that the Tories have become. A bunch of puling little overprivileged nits who have long since lost any sense of honour and responsibility in public office, and drag politics through the gutter for their personal ambition.
Bitches-in-boxstands.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
jp's facade not holding up as well as it used to for his Muslim audience at least - for reasons am sure most can already guess

can't seem to get away from piers morgan inserting his boring opportunistic dry husk into every political horror situation though. like an attention parasite

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I swear, most of these online tradcaths used to larp being Orthodox a few years back. Wonder why that changed

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
That's how bad Braverman is.
Braverman had a net approval rating of something line -30 to -40. The British public at large absolutely hated her.

But the Tories no longer represent the British public. The MPs are increasingly dodgy cranks, selected for their constituencies by a membership overrun by dodgy cranks. Braverman may be popular in the Tory party, which gives a lot of oomph in the Tory party, even as she is generally despised by virtually everyone else.

Although they don't officially release their membership figures (because they're embarrassingly low), occasional leaks do occur. At their nadir, I think the party membership was only around 100,000. With Brexit and the collapse of UKIP, their membership had a major bounce, and is now estimated about ~170,000. It should be no suprise that the Tory party increasingly acts like UKIP: by it's membership at least, it has pretty much been taken over UKIP.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
And sadly no Dementors will ever hold a mirror up to any of them.
My favorite part is these clowns say "it's not costing them anything!"...while these movies routinely lose at the box office and panding with the grace and dignity of a toppled port-o-pot on streaming, despite publishing large gross income numbers thanks to ludicrously-inflated budgets. Sure, episode IX made $1.1b at the box office, but its (reported) budget was a half-billion, making it one of the biggest box office flops of all time if not the biggest.

Bonus points for denying the existence of Hollywood accounting in this exclusive context, when they almost certainly "supported" the strikes earlier this year.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
My favorite part is these clowns say "it's not costing them anything!"...while these movies routinely lose at the box office and panding with the grace and dignity of a toppled port-o-pot on streaming, despite publishing large gross income numbers thanks to ludicrously-inflated budgets. Sure, episode IX made $1.1b at the box office, but its (reported) budget was a half-billion, making it one of the biggest box office flops of all time if not the biggest.

Bonus points for denying the existence of Hollywood accounting in this exclusive context, when they almost certainly "supported" the strikes earlier this year.
I truthfully don't care much. I'll go and see the things I like, or at least think I will, and maybe they'll be huge or maybe they'll fail. Thankfully my personality isn't hooked to these wagons that I'll cease to exist if they do.