Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Why wouldn't it be bad? Walking Dead games are all shit, except the Telltale ones, and even that had diminishing returns with each entry.

Also, to think we'd see the return of the really shitty tie-in game. Can't help but notice its from the same folks that did the Kong one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Why wouldn't it be bad? Walking Dead games are all shit, except the Telltale ones, and even that had diminishing returns with each entry.

Also, to think we'd see the return of the really shitty tie-in game. Can't help but notice its from the same folks that did the Kong one.
I forgot this even got announced I was going to get released this year. I just picked up against GameCube copy of Resident Evil 2. I got my eyes on the game and plenty of other better zombie games to enjoy.
Yeah, I think the reason why so few people know this came out is because direct-licensed games have been ignored. Yes, Games such as TTG's WD games, Middle Earth Shadow games, and even SW JFO and JS have been successful, but only because they had their own narrative, and not directly tied-in to tv shows or movies.

Even then licensed games can fail, like Gollum game.

I think the only direct-licensed games I ever enjoyed are the LOTR: ROTK game, and the Rataoullie (It was a fund platformer, all things considered)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
think the only direct-licensed games I ever enjoyed are the LOTR: ROTK game, and the Rataoullie (It was a fund platformer, all things considered)
My list,:
  • TMNT Arcade, Turtles in Time, III, and Shredder's Revenge.
  • The Simpsons arcade game.
  • Spider-Man 2 (the game based off the Sam Rami movie).
  • X-Men Origins Wolverine - that game barely had anything to do with the movie originally. It was originally just going to be a solo game that had nothing to do with the movie, and all the tie-ins into the movie was done at the last minute.
  • Batman the Brave And The Bold (both the Wii and DS version).
  • Parasite Eve - based off the book and the sequel to the original novel.
  • The Warriors.
  • Alien Versus predator Capcom -based off the original script and not the final draft.

Reactions: FakeSympathy