Game Articles and Videos Thread

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Rogue trader is made by the same dev that made Pathfinder; KIngmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous so I pretty much expect Rogue Trader to be a 40k variant of those.
I've not played either of those but I've certainly heard they're good quality games. IIRC they are pretty true to the pathfinder rules so I guess my initial thought that RT looks like a close match to the RT PnP rules might be correct. It's a point in it's favour at least.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Another one of these. I say it's less takeover, and more a new trend happening. There will always be some adaptions that take a dip in quality, or handled by the wrong people. With that said, it's nice to have something different and non-Marvel or DC related. We've been getting plenty of those already, so no complaints from me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Damn, and I was really beginning to dig into his content after getting over that stupid Dark Souls debate video with MatPat. Hopefully Jirad is truly being honest about not knowing what's been happening with the funds.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Damn, and I was really beginning to dig into his content after that stupid Dark Souls debate video with MatPat. Hopefully Jirad is truly being honest about not knowing what's been happening with the funds.
As much as I hate and despise MatPat, Jirard is disgusting me even more right now. I've had my issues with Jirard in the past (I hate his DmC 2013, Defend It video. He turned all classic DMC fans into characteritures who only hate reboot Dante because he lacks the white hair. That's a stupid stereotype back then it's always been now. So he jumped on the bandwagon and that regard.). The man had to have known something. You just don't donate for 10 years and don't know where the money's been actually going when you're at least in charge or you and your brother signed up for it. Something is definitely not right here.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States

Damn, and I was really beginning to dig into his content after that stupid Dark Souls debate video with MatPat. Hopefully Jirad is truly being honest about not knowing what's been happening with the funds.
It's so weird that the money is just sitting there. I mean if it was just straight-up fraud it would've been gone. This is like... lying to cover up impotence, maybe?

Edit: I meant to type "incompetence" no "impotence" but I'm leaving it there 'cause dick jokes are always good!

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

Damn, and I was really beginning to dig into his content after getting over that stupid Dark Souls debate video with MatPat. Hopefully Jirad is truly being honest about not knowing what's been happening with the funds.
As co-director of the foundation he's legally liable whether he knew about it or not. Best case scenario he's a moron.

He also continued to bullshit about the charities the foundation was donating to, even after confessing (half a year earlier) that he didn't know the money wasn't going anywhere.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Well, just wow -

Punishment for this kinda thing should be internet banning for life and a thick slap upside the head to where their ears don’t stop ringing for days.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, just wow -

Punishment for this kinda thing should be internet banning for life and a thick slap upside the head to where their ears don’t stop ringing for days.
Why Luke in particular? I hate swatting regardless, but the guy has literally done zero wrong. I know that doesn't stop jackasses from swatting, but this is how ridiculous it gets.

I'll let this quote speak for the rest:

@jake515151 hour ago (edited)
As a police officer, this makes me sick! States need to start applying the by proxy law that holds the false reporting party accountable both legally and civilly should anything happen.
The people who do this type of false reporting should get 5 to 10 years sentence prison. And if somebody dies because of this, at five more years to the charges. After seeing this so many times, I'm learning why no States haven't done anything yet to prevent this or add new laws and charges to these crimes. This has been going on for a whole decade now. No prevention laws and then put in place. I know these people always can't be identified and a majority of them will remain anonymous at the time, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Didn't the SWATTING trend die down back in 2015? I search them on youtube and most of them are from 7-9 years ago.

It was messed up back then, and it's messed up now. Especially given how in US all these calls are taken really seriously.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I’ve seen quite a few different “across the map” type videos of games, but this is a whole new level of dedication -

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

2023 everyone. Companies like this get everything.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

2023 everyone. Companies like this get everything.
Already posted in the news thread but yeah, bears repeating for the absurdity.