Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
New book on Wipeout! Now how about a new title?
I really like concept art book, but they always end up being crazy expensive and often only available for limited time (like this one).

I brought one for citizen sleeper and iirc it was something like 150$ (and that was a pre order,so figure cross it'll come out good). I can only really afford like one or two a year...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If you don't like the current direction gaming is taking, well, it's not going to get better.
As younger person, the idea that kids today want virtual currency over actual an actual physical game is genuinely heartbreaking. There was a time when us youngsters would get a kick out of being able to bamboozle the system and not have to pay anything.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Ooof, guess they're next on the chopping block.
Not necessarily.

If they bought them to support their gaming events strategy, they might hust want to get rid of them when they give up on this particular strategy. It is just not their core business and with the connection gone there is little reason to keep it.

I mean, e-sports are dying and gaming conventions are not anymore what they have been.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Politics aside, why would anyone expect someone without any experience in game development bringing out a game with short development time specifically as a fundraising measure to even reach the standard of mediocre ?

Gaming development is a very competitive industry. That is not something anyone can enter when they need a couple of quick bucks.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Politics aside, why would anyone expect someone without any experience in game development bringing out a game with short development time specifically as a fundraising measure to even reach the standard of mediocre ?

Gaming development is a very competitive industry. That is not something anyone can enter when they need a couple of quick bucks.
For the same reason Truth Social was a thing. The former head of Twitter expressed shock and dismay that Elon Musk bought it just because running a social media enterprise is incredibly stressful and complicated, and he couldn't understand why someone who can do anything he wants with his life would choose that. And many were confused as why any user would want to move away from the large captive audience of Twitter to move to Truth Social.

And the answer for all that is that same as with Alex Jones and his followers, and you can't put "politics aside"- these people are fueled by hate and resentment and want to play in their little cult sandbox.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
And the answer for all that is that same as with Alex Jones and his followers, and you can't put "politics aside"- these people are fueled by hate and resentment and want to play in their little cult sandbox.
Do they really want ?

Truth social flopped hard. And i have not read that the Alex Jones game actually made significant money.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Do they really want ?

Truth social flopped hard. And i have not read that the Alex Jones game actually made significant money.
Yeah I'm not saying these ventures are good business, I'm just talking about why they keep happening.
Truth Social was a flop commercially, but successful politically. It kept Trump in the news, just enough to help him remain the overwhelming primary contender despite/because of his legal issues.
Granted Alex Jones is not Trump, but these ghouls never go away. Freaking Glenn Beck still has an outlet. Wingnut welfare- there is always some stupid way for these monsters to grift.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Oh, the reason for why these keep happening is far easier.

Those narzists are just way too full of themself. They truly believe not only that their name alone is draw enough, they also believe that if others can do whatever as successfull business it must be really easy and effortless for them because they are so great.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Making them the weakest of the weak. Entitled jackasses with nothing better to do with their lives but spread misery, because they themselves have no happiness in their lives.