General Gaming News.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
"You can fly you can shoot you can mine you can loot!"

I dunno... I kinda love this. Fun to say. I want to make a game with this as the tagline, but it's like a totally different game than Starfield.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

if someone else posted this before that I missed, much apologies.

Take-Two Interactive and 2K Games are facing a class-action lawsuit over the removal of purchased in-game currencies from accounts when a game's online features are taken offline.

The lawsuit (as spotted by Axios) was filed by J.A., a minor, and his mother, acting as his representative and next friend, to the federal court of Northern District of California on 17th November.

In the lawsuit, Take-Two and 2K's annual sports franchises NBA 2K, WWE 2K, and PGA Tour 2K are named for offering in-game upgrades which require in-game (virtual) currency. The virtual currency can be bought with real-world money.

However, when 2K retires the server of one of the installments, any currency purchased within that game which hasn't been used yet is removed from the player's account with no way to transfer it to another game.

The lawsuit alleges this counts as civil theft and conversion, as the currency was purchased with money and therefore Take-Two is no longer entitled to it. The companies are also accused of unfair business practices, due to the fact their virtual currency can be "destroyed at 2K Games' whim" - something allegedly not explained at the time of purchase.

The lawsuit seeks a trial by jury and "equitable non-monetary and monetary relief" for anyone whose in-game currency was removed by 2K from their account from 17th November, 2019 onwards.

Eurogamer has contacted 2K for comment.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oof... that's a whole year still 😨😳
This was already known, bluegate. The only difference is, it was never given what day on December, only that it would be December 2024 when the first announcement came out. While somewhat upsetting, I can wait. There's plenty for me to do.

Reactions: bluegate

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
If you don't like the current direction gaming is taking, well, it's not going to get better.
And that is fine by me, you had your chance to change the industry, you blew your chance you now get fucked in the shitty new world. Bite the pillow cause the industry is going in dry

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
And that is fine by me, you had your chance to change the industry, you blew your chance you now get fucked in the shitty new world. Bite the pillow cause the industry is going in dry
The aggressor in this case has no problem doing so either because they lost the ability to feel anything, $omewhere along the way.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I sure as hell didn't ask for this crap.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
When you love a game so much you buy it on several different platforms and wish it gets a sequel and it finally happens.

This will be RPG experience and numero uno for 2024 and its not a contest. Nope pack it up nothing going to drop the can match. Absolutely nothing and if you disagree I will type something angry at you on the internet.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Nope, still not calling it GTA 6 until they say it to my face.

Flute guy from last year's TGA is coming back this year!