Shower Thoughts MK2

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If mermaids don't have gills (most seem not to), presumably they can hold their breath for long times like dolphins and whales do.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
If mermaids don't have gills (most seem not to), presumably they can hold their breath for long times like dolphins and whales do.
Yeah...thinking about it, being half human is going to mean they are mammals, so I think it's more likely that they are part cetacean than part fish. Next time I see one I'll go and check.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah...thinking about it, being half human is going to mean they are mammals, so I think it's more likely that they are part cetacean than part fish. Next time I see one I'll go and check.
Always thought that made more sense, not having fish scales of a tail, but something more mammal is feasible.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Can anybody actually understand what Yahtzee is saying in the little clips of his voice they use to censor the F-bombs? It's a cute idea to have him censoring himself with PG stuff, like how Marik in Yugioh the Abridged series was censored with "EEFFFFF!", but I just can't understand him.

Also, no, it doesn't make me want to subscribe so I can hear him swear once or twice a video.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Always thought that made more sense, not having fish scales of a tail, but something more mammal is feasible.
Maybe it's just a mix up from ye olden days, dolphins were drawn more like fish a lot of the time, so they draw all the mermaids they saw with fish like tails, despite them being dolphinesque. It's a shame they're so rare now.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
There used to be a guy here that did on a waterproof tablet. Personally I think electronics in the shower just seems wrong.
Is this in the electric shower or ....?

(My shower runs directly off the boiler/hot water, and it whips the pants off an electric shower, TBF.)

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, since some of us has been here for several years and have thousands of posts, would that be enough to train an AI? Based on one person, not a generic mass, would it seem more like a real person?

Not sure what purpose an AI poster would have except for maybe making a forum look more active, though.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Ok, since some of us has been here for several years and have thousands of posts, would that be enough to train an AI? Based on one person, not a generic mass, would it seem more like a real person?

Not sure what purpose an AI poster would have except for maybe making a forum look more active, though.
Honestly, that would be pretty cool. Train it on all the old users that haven't been here for years and end up with some sad simulacrum of the forum as it existed years ago.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Honestly, that would be pretty cool. Train it on all the old users that haven't been here for years and end up with some sad simulacrum of the forum as it existed years ago.
I don't know if you could really replicate a specific individual well, just not get a generic muddle that's obvious AI.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Just signed up for a dating app for the first time, zero expectations of actually finding anyone. Something that strikes me though is that a lot of people have shockingly bad profile pictures. Like blurry with their phone partially obscuring their face or just making a really creepy skin walker smile with their eyes open far too wide. Usually not all their photos are as awful so I don't know why the first one is usually the worst. You get to choose the picture yourself I think, I don't know why anybody would be ok with that.

Anyway, after looking for a half an hour I didn't find anyone that made me want to finish setting up my profile. It usually takes me a while to warm up to people so this probably will never work.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Where are he flat earthers that acknowledge that the Earth is round, but are working on changing that? One's that just sit around saying that the Earth is already flat are lazy.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
How are garlic crushers so bad at their one job yet still remain part of so many people's kitchens to this day? Every time like 90% of the garlic clove just escapes out the top, and last night it somehow launched a solid lump of the clove out the same way too. Can only assume their political lobbying presence is vast and intense.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
How are garlic crushers so bad at their one job yet still remain part of so many people's kitchens to this day? Every time like 90% of the garlic clove just escapes out the top, and last night it somehow launched a solid lump of the clove out the same way too. Can only assume their political lobbying presence is vast and intense.
It sounds like you have a malfunctioning garlic press. I've had several and never had any of the issues you've described. My only grip has been they're more work than they're worth when I can simply get minced/chopped/squeezable garlic off the shelf.