General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Avatar Game reviews are here. And to the surprise of the no one except for the five people who will go to any lengths to defend Avatar and James Cameron, While the game is beautiful, it is a bloated experience with repetitive objective designs, flat characters, and not-so-great enemy AI.

In other words, it's your standard Ubisoft open-world experience:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Avatar Game reviews are here. And to the surprise of the no one except for the five people who will go to any lengths to defend Avatar and James Cameron, While the game is beautiful, it is a bloated experience with repetitive objective designs, flat characters, and not-so-great enemy AI.

In other words, it's your standard Ubisoft open-world experience:
I wonder if Max Dood going to either give this game 7 out of 10 to be "nice", give an honest response, or not play the thing at all. I like Max, but he has done this two times before. DmC (2013) got a 9 out of 10, when it shouldn't even be scored that high. I'm glad he enjoyed the game and everything, but the vanilla version especially was not what I would not call a nine. Avengers he gave a seven out of 10, until he changed his mind within a month and a half later and said how the game wasn't good nor fun. Why didn't he just say that in the first place? You ain't under Square Enix's payroll, Max.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Was always highly suspect to me how much destiny was marketed as totes garunteed videogame success despite barely reaching mediocre, and having a campaign menu/map screen so obtuse I gave up even trying to find the damn story on multiple separate occasions throughout its lifecycle.

Also they threw away all the last of us 2 multiplayer work to appease these chumps alleged "wisdoms". twas all a lie you fckin idiots, another crypto coin, another scam lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
New Game Plus is out next week on December 11th.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

You know what? Fuck it, I'm done with these Awards. I never put too much stock in them, but I did appreciate Geoff trying to turn things around at the start of 2014, and not doing what Spike TV did. Only to become like them and ever worse. Since this is where it all leads to, I don't want any part at all. Not even the announcements are worth it anymore, with this much suffering, grandstanding, and hurting/ignoring those in need and those deserve their speeches for their awards.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

You know what? Fuck it, I'm done with these Awards. I never put too much stock in them, but I did appreciate Geoff trying to turn things around at the start of 2014, and not doing what Spike TV did. Only to become like them and ever worse. Since this is where it all leads to, I don't want any part at all. Not even the announcements are worth it anymore, with this much suffering, grandstanding, and hurting/ignoring those in need and those deserve their speeches for their awards.
Yeah, this has been going on for years. Can't remember where I read it, but apparently Nov-Dec is a layoff season in the gaming industry. They work everyone to death, let the game come out, and once they see profit layoffs start to happen to maximize revenue. Only higher ups seem to be keeping their jobs.

Some assholes like Bungie loves to take it up a notch and do the layoff near the end of the month, so all the benefits/insurances don;'t get carried over for the next month..

In fact, I think that's how I got laid off from one of my ex-employers who were contracted by facebook. They made me go through all the bs and whatevere shitty prototype facebook cooked up, only to pay me shit and lay me and 200+ people who were on the project.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reminds me of an certain Kickstarter project called unsung story, which the original devs kept honey-dicking around with the backers. The new devs seemed to be doing a decent job, until Dec 2022. They haven't updated since
Kickstarter is a big scam risker tbh. I really dont know how they are allowed to keep operating because it is so easy to make a bunch of money and just disappear.