Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
OMG, that's painful to see. Everything looks great.

Another video on The Day Before failure. I don't think people are gonna let this down anytime soon.

The only bigger fuck up that I see everyone's talking about is the GTA 6 bombing hard

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Interview with a former Free Radical dev about the cancelled Time Splitters. They were originally making it into a Fortnite clone battle royale, tho pivoted to a more traditional remake later in development

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Interview with a former Free Radical dev about the cancelled Time Splitters. They were originally making it into a Fortnite clone battle royale, tho pivoted to a more traditional remake later in development
Okay maybe nevermind on the cancelation being a shame.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Roughly 20 mins of gameplay from the Sonic Mania devs upcoming game

Imagine leaving a cheat code in your game that turns it into a boot disk. Oh wait no, that happened

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

No time to watch these stories yet but did they address just why the F Insomniac was targeted? I mean I get Sony, but why specifically go after this developer of their’s?

I’ll never understand the rationale of hackers. Nevermind all the real world shit with economic/political corruption, wars, etc. going on now that’s ten times worse. No, let’s go after a developer who just wants to make awesome games and mess with their livelihoods and families.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

No time to watch these stories yet but did they address just why the F Insomniac was targeted? I mean I get Sony, but why specifically go after this developer of their’s?

I’ll never understand the rationale of hackers. Nevermind all the real world shit with economic/political corruption, wars, etc. going on now that’s ten times worse. No, let’s go after a developer who just wants to make awesome games and mess with their livelihoods and families.
I figure they probably were just a target of opportunity. Just like the mugger in the alleyway who doesn't care that you need the money in your wallet to care for your family, the hackers just want to get money and don't really care who gets hurt or what the broader situation is.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I figure they probably were just a target of opportunity. Just like the mugger in the alleyway who doesn't care that you need the money in your wallet to care for your family, the hackers just want to get money and don't really care who gets hurt or what the broader situation is.
Apparently it was a phishing attack so yeah, probably right.

Weissman agreed that employee training is paramount: “The weakest link in any cybersecurity implementation will always be the humans,”

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I was thinking about this and just based on my own limited professional experience with cybersecurity I can only hazard this guess:
Hackers target every big company, Insomniac is just the one that got got. Most likely reason is they have the worst security.