Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: BrawlMan

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question but whenever I see people talking about this Day Before game they say it was so anticipated and hype and all this- was it really? I mean for real actually anticipated? Like Baldur's Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom- these were some anticipated games! Even if you wanna talk about a bad game, Redfall was genuinely anticipated at least by XBox players who were looking for something cool to play and vampires to shoot.

I understand it was heavily wishlisted on Steam but what does that actually mean- I wishlist stuff all the time, usually I just let it sit there or eventually remove it. Wishlist is just sort of a bookmark, note-taking activity, doesn't everybody do that?

According to the video above, the company was already largely suspected of scam-like behavior so what was all this anticipation? And I guess if he's right there is a big market for a zombie MMO and if that's true that's kind of crazy that Redfall failed (I know vampires not zombies but same dif) and Naughty Dog can't get their multiplayer Last of Us thing going. And I thought it became conventional wisdom that the market has closed for new MMOs because of the built-in legacy player commitment to already-popular and time consuming MMOs like Warcraft, Destiny, FF14, and just other multiplayer live service things like Fortnite and Apex.

So, I dunno, something seems off about this whole thing. I didn't follow the saga of the Day Before in detail but I knew it was crap like 2 years ago, I kinda thought we did?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sorry if this is a dumb question but whenever I see people talking about this Day Before game they say it was so anticipated and hype and all this- was it really? I mean for real actually anticipated? Like Baldur's Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom- these were some anticipated games! Even if you wanna talk about a bad game, Redfall was genuinely anticipated at least by XBox players who were looking for something cool to play and vampires to shoot.

I understand it was heavily wishlisted on Steam but what does that actually mean- I wishlist stuff all the time, usually I just let it sit there or eventually remove it. Wishlist is just sort of a bookmark, note-taking activity, doesn't everybody do that?

According to the video above, the company was already largely suspected of scam-like behavior so what was all this anticipation? And I guess if he's right there is a big market for a zombie MMO and if that's true that's kind of crazy that Redfall failed (I know vampires not zombies but same dif) and Naughty Dog can't get their multiplayer Last of Us thing going. And I thought it became conventional wisdom that the market has closed for new MMOs because of the built-in legacy player commitment to already-popular and time consuming MMOs like Warcraft, Destiny, FF14, and just other multiplayer live service things like Fortnite and Apex.

So, I dunno, something seems off about this whole thing. I didn't follow the saga of the Day Before in detail but I knew it was crap like 2 years ago, I kinda thought we did?
I didn't know there was this much anticipation. The fact that so many people people wish listed shows people were hyped for this. I personally couldn't care less, because if people are that dumb enough to fall for the same thing twice or are that uninformed about the company's previous games, then that's on them in this case. I hate to say that, but at least everybody got their refund. I grew tired of zombie games and zombie fiction by 2013. There are some exceptions, but those are exceptions.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

People bought into the first trailer, which to be fair would have been for a rather exceptional game had it actually represented anything other than a pile of lies. Then things started looking worse and worse but the hype addicts couldn't admit to being wrong.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Damn, IGN has definitely been a bit more honest with their game reviews as of late
It's easy being honest when you know you're not getting any free stuff, nor special treatment. This review means nothing to me, is hollow and empty gesture, and does not make up for the lying sack shits they've been hiring for nearly two decades

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
One better, why do people keep bothering with the series‽
Because it's all they know, only play due to their friends/"friends" playing, have nothing better to do, and are afraid to try something else or play something new. I've seen people get literally scared, if a shooter or game does not play like CoD, or is the complete opposite of it. I've seen people like that use the term "those are gamer games". Then they start literally shivering at the thought of playing something different or difficult, because they won't feel like God's greatest gift nor the ultimate bad ass.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Because it's all they know, only play due to their friends/"friends" playing, have nothing better to do, and are afraid to try something else or play something new. I've seen people get literally scared, if a shooter or game does not play like CoD, or is the complete opposite of it. I've seen people like that use the term "those are gamer games". Then they start literally shivering at the thought of playing something different or difficult, because they won't feel like God's greatest gift nor the ultimate bad ass.
So, basically herd mentality at its worst. Well, maybe not worst but certainly one of the most insecure and dumbest.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, basically herd mentality at its worst. Well, maybe not worst but certainly one of the most insecure and dumbest.
If it makes you feeling better, not many as people are playing Call Of Duty as they did back during the seven and even some of age generation. I've noticed that people and younger people are actually going out and looking at games they want to play, and not just impress their friends people that don't give a crap about them. It was nice to see some people at a game store and if they asked, I recommend on some games and they'll be interested in something that wasn't just another shooter, or something completely different from what they usually play.

I do always find it funny as these cod guys that act like they're the toughest or play the most difficult games, but you show them anything different then they start getting scared or hesitant. Either because of their own insecurities or what other people (mainly those in their community) would think of them. I remember this one guy boasting about how he played Doom back in the day and I showed him gameplay of Doom 4 at the time in 2016. He got really hesitant when I showed him gameplay on normal. I even told the guy that if you want to go on easy mode nobody's going to stop you. He decided not to get the game at all, but from what I remember he didn't play many other shooters and he only played COD a couple of times.

Another cases with a teenager back in 2017 that said he played Dark Souls and he was interested. I show him clips of Dark Souls 3. No special or dedicated runs, just some normal ass gameplay from the earlier sections. He second guesses himself and gets so scared and hesitant, that he buys Black Ops 2. A game he already played and sold at some point. So either he was lying, or played so little Dark Souls and immediately quit as soon as he died.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
That Prince of Persia game looks dope, and I never even played a Prince game for more than a little back in the day. I don't care about all that is just looks good.