General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So what he's saying is that it's all Snyder's fault?
Eh, if not him, someone else. Superhero films have always had a lot of potential to be really bad, people just sometimes tried working around it in the past.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I don't know why any director's comments on superhero movies is worth commenting on. Even James Gunn made the usual "all superhero movies are the same" comment a year or two ago.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know why any director's comments on superhero movies is worth commenting on. Even James Gunn made the usual "all superhero movies are the same" comment a year or two ago.
Nolan is just another director that likes to hear themselves talk. To add, it's nothing more than another superhero fatiuge variation. I am not even reading the article.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A bit rich coming from a director who’s just as obnoxiously influential in the opposite direction.
I said it before, and I will say it again: Nolan is just a fancier version of Bay. Ain't nothing special once you realize the formula or his gimmick.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Chris Stuckman, a youtube movie critic, says this was his #1 movie of the year. Not playing streaming or anywhere around me :-(

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
"3.5 Hours In The Company Of An Idiot": Martin Scorsese Collaborator Shares Killers Of The Flower Moon Criticism (msn.com)

Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like DiCaprio's ego took over to the detriment of the film's the overall aesthetics. The problem is we aren't seeing the character being a loathsome idiot; rather we're seeing DiCaprio being a loathsome idiot. One instance of why using big name actors isn't always the best choice, especially when examining a sensitive, neglected party of history.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"3.5 Hours In The Company Of An Idiot": Martin Scorsese Collaborator Shares Killers Of The Flower Moon Criticism (msn.com)

Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like DiCaprio's ego took over to the detriment of the film's the overall aesthetics. The problem is we aren't seeing the character being a loathsome idiot; rather we're seeing DiCaprio being a loathsome idiot. One instance of why using big name actors isn't always the best choice, especially when examining a sensitive, neglected party of history.
Sad, but at the same time, Scorsese ain't blameless either. That man has a big ego too, and has no right to talk. You get what you asked for and deserve.

Last edited: